Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana: I'll jump off a bridge if Diaz fails for pot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i bet nick fails on purpose now

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #16   1/23/13 7:17:07PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Too bad we know Dana never sticks to his words these days.

Post #17   1/23/13 7:30:55PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,883-1,084
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Kevro

your retarded. What about alcohol? What about nicotine? Cannabis is becoming legal and to waste potential because you dont agree with a flower he uses would be hypocritical at BEST. Ill bet you dana's getting high off those med's for his surgery. If the UFC took your advice it would be ran in the dirt asap.
If studies come to show that weed makes you perform like PED's then yes, but otherwise get out of their privacy because its hurting no single individual.

"Your retarded", hmmm i didn't know you can own retarded ?

So following athletic commission guidelines with what is legal and what is not isn't Dana's rules.I'm sure he don't care what most of the fighters do in their spare time.....Unless its making rape jokes or being a general bag of douche.

Post #18   1/23/13 8:50:05PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Dana had surgery that's why he would be taking meds, but he's not competiting. So the comparison doesn't really fit.

Also the drugs/suspensions are with the AC and not the UFC.

If you've show that you can't follow the rules, then why should they continue to invest in you.

Post #19   1/23/13 10:12:43PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Legalize it.

Take it off the banned substance list.

Problem solved.

Post #20   1/23/13 10:27:13PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Legalize it.

Take it off the banned substance list.

Problem solved.

Post #21   1/24/13 5:31:42AM   

Kevro

MMA Regular

Kevro Avatar

Career:671-505
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Maybe the UFC needs to grow up. Maybe everyone needs to take a step back and look at things. There is no reason WHATSOEVER that it should be illegal but i understand your point but what happens when there fighting in a state that its legal? If they fight in seattle then he has all right to use it because its legal. Might not be under the UFC but i think they need to clean up the use of PED's (half of the UFC roster) before coming after something that does NOTHING except help people relax and eat. I will say it again, they would be RETARDED to waste potential just because something is easier to detect and might be unwanted by the owners of the company. When they fully clean up PED's i could maybe then understand but dana does not care about PED's OBVIOUSLY.

Post #22   1/24/13 7:18:47AM   

Kevro

MMA Regular

Kevro Avatar

Career:671-505
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
grammar nazi for the annoyance!

Post #23   1/24/13 7:22:09AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,883-1,084
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
English class for the annoyance!!!!!!!!!

Just because you may be a fan of Diaz and the reefer, Doesn't mean that others are "retarded" because they have to follow guidelines from the AC of the state.I like Diaz and i have no issues with stoners. However when your job requires you to be clean of any substance and yet you repeatedly fuck up and piss hot, Then it isn't the fault of your boss, It's your own.

Post #24   1/24/13 8:09:58AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Chips:

Posted by Kevro

Maybe the UFC needs to grow up. Maybe everyone needs to take a step back and look at things. There is no reason WHATSOEVER that it should be illegal but i understand your point but what happens when there fighting in a state that its legal? If they fight in seattle then he has all right to use it because its legal. Might not be under the UFC but i think they need to clean up the use of PED's (half of the UFC roster) before coming after something that does NOTHING except help people relax and eat. I will say it again, they would be RETARDED to waste potential just because something is easier to detect and might be unwanted by the owners of the company. When they fully clean up PED's i could maybe then understand but dana does not care about PED's OBVIOUSLY.

Even if they're in Seattle, it's illegal federally, and still against the state athletic commission's rules. Plus to say it does NOTHING except make people eat and relax is untrue, especially if it's being smoked rather than eaten or vaped. Any time you take smoke of any kind directly into your lungs, it's not good for you, even if marijuana hasn't been linked to cancer. Let's not forget the slowed reactions and laziness that comes along with it.. Those aren't "nothing". Any time someone gets overly fanatical about a cause they tend to skew the facts to fit their argument and end up hurting their case in the eyes of neutral parties. This all comes from someone that used for over 20 years, and is for legalization, so I'm no pot nazi. Attend your local NORML rallies, but please don't get in front of a mic, you're not helping the cause.

Post #25   1/24/13 8:12:56AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Kevro

Even if they're in Seattle, it's illegal federally, and still against the state athletic commission's rules. Plus to say it does NOTHING except make people eat and relax is untrue, especially if it's being smoked rather than eaten or vaped. Any time you take smoke of any kind directly into your lungs, it's not good for you, even if marijuana hasn't been linked to cancer. Let's not forget the slowed reactions and laziness that comes along with it.. Those aren't "nothing". Any time someone gets overly fanatical about a cause they tend to skew the facts to fit their argument and end up hurting their case in the eyes of neutral parties. This all comes from someone that used for over 20 years, and is for legalization, so I'm no pot nazi. Attend your local NORML rallies, but please don't get in front of a mic, you're not helping the cause.

THIS. WELL PUT.

Post #26   1/24/13 8:56:20AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Eddie Bravo actually claims that pot IS performance enhancing. He says it helps the body relax and relieves tension while also enabling fighters to be more creative.

But he's a stone so we can't believe anything he says.

Post #27   1/24/13 9:12:56AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Kevro

/thread

Post #28   1/24/13 10:27:51AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:
as much as i hate to call it this, i'll do it.

marijuana is a PED.

i know long distance runners that vape before a competition bc they say it helps them start out w/ a runner's high & it helps them keep their heart rate low & their breathing stays smooth & is not labored. i actually get this, as i love to smoke before i go jogging.

i know some weight lifters that smoke before they lift. i personally do not get this one at all, but it doesnt mean people dont do it to help them perform.

lots of people love to smoke after a workout bc it helps them mentally & physically relax & get ready for the next day of training. me & lots of other people do not see anything wrong w/ this, but you cant deny the performance-enhancing qualities of the beautiful plant.

should it be legal? yes. is it stupid the AC cares about it & it's on the list of banned substances? yes. but it is illegal, it is banned & it is possible for a person to enhance their performance w/ it, so i do see the issue with it

Last edited 1/24/13 1:25PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   1/24/13 1:24:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

as much as i hate to call it this, i'll do it.

marijuana is a PED.

i know long distance runners that vape before a competition bc they say it helps them start out w/ a runner's high & it helps them keep their heart rate low & their breathing stays smooth & is not labored. i actually get this, as i love to smoke before i go jogging.

i know some weight lifters that smoke before they lift. i personally do not get this one at all, but it doesnt mean people dont do it to help them perform.

lots of people love to smoke after a workout bc it helps them mentally & physically relax & get ready for the next day of training. me & lots of other people do not see anything wrong w/ this, but you cant deny the performance-enhancing qualities of the beautiful plant.

should it be legal? yes. is it stupid the AC cares about it & it's on the list of banned substances? yes. but it is illegal, it is banned & it is possible for a person to enhance their performance w/ it, so i do see the issue with it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   1/24/13 5:12:42PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2