Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vinny Magalhaes Speaks Out Against Internet Warriors

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Very few things irritate me more than fans trying to be “wanna be tough guys”, “internet warriors”, or whatever variations we have to describe these type of people… Fans are definitely entitled to give their opinion about this or that fighter, they’re definitely entitled to ‘think’ that this guy is better than that other guy but going to the fighter’s twitter and talk shit to him, which is something that they would never do to the fighter’s face, it’s something really embarrassing…

Link

Post #1   1/21/13 11:32:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't necessarily disagree with what he's saying....

But he kinda comes across as a cry baby.

If you don't like internet warriors, don't read their comments.

Post #2   1/21/13 11:34:02PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Shut up, Vinny. He hasn't been back long and I'm already wanting him to have another run in with Bader.

Post #3   1/21/13 11:42:59PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
F**k I just got cheetos on my keyboard...

Post #4   1/22/13 12:38:55AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

people talk shit to me, when I call out Phil Davis, and talk shit to Phil for ducking me (which is in fact true)

beat an above average UFC fighter first before you make such claims

Last edited 1/22/13 12:41AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   1/22/13 12:40:01AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
Lol Phil signed the contact and Vinny backs out, he should have remembered what Chael said: Rule number one don't say anything you can't back up.

btw I hope vinny and phil fight.

Post #6   1/22/13 12:56:12AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
No disrespect to Vinny but, I have never been a fan of his. I personally think he is extremely over rated. I would love to see him fight Davis because Phil would school him and it will more then likely be a grappling match. Vinny's jui jitsu doesn't stand a chance against Phil's wrestling

Post #7   1/22/13 12:57:36AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by sparky

No disrespect to Vinny but, I have never been a fan of his. I personally think he is extremely over rated. I would love to see him fight Davis because Phil would school him and it will more then likely be a grappling match. Vinny's jui jitsu doesn't stand a chance against Phil's wrestling

in the sense that Vinny could not get it to the ground.. i don't like that rest of his game but his JJ is no joke. no way Phil would risk taking to the ground

Post #8   1/22/13 1:46:54AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
he needs to not get butt hurt over these "keyboard warriors". just laugh at them because they cant do what he does everyday and leave it at that. take the good from the bad. crying about it does nothing.

Post #9   1/22/13 1:49:28AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by sparky

in the sense that Vinny could not get it to the ground.. i don't like that rest of his game but his JJ is no joke. no way Phil would risk taking to the ground

I disagree I think Phil will take it to the ground. I think he controls the ground game fairly easily. I honestly dont think Vinny will even come close to a sub in this fight if it happens.

Post #10   1/22/13 10:05:53AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Manak

Posted by sparky

I disagree I think Phil will take it to the ground. I think he controls the ground game fairly easily. I honestly dont think Vinny will even come close to a sub in this fight if it happens.

I'm not sure how easily he controls the ground game, but dangerous jitsu didn't stop Davis from consistently taking Small Nog down.

Post #11   1/22/13 10:31:56AM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
Vinny is truly an elite BJJ practitioner. Small Nog is a level below that.

Post #12   1/22/13 12:34:25PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Everyone here has seen great wrestling neutralize great JJ. But with that said Vinny is one of maybe 5 fighters you shouldn't take down regardless of your wrestling game. Which is precisely why Vinny called out Phil.

Which is precisely why Vinny is a bitch. If my Mom didn't have me picking up my room today, her basement and if I hadn't spent my gas money on energy drinks I'd fly out to wherever Vinny is and smash him with an over hand right. I don't consider myself a keyboard warrior but I can tell you this: Ronda couldn't armbar me because I am a man and I would anihalate Uriah because he isn't as tall as I am.

Post #13   1/22/13 12:54:05PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Everyone here has seen great wrestling neutralize great JJ. But with that said Vinny is one of maybe 5 fighters you shouldn't take down regardless of your wrestling game. Which is precisely why Vinny called out Phil.

Which is precisely why Vinny is a bitch. If my Mom didn't have me picking up my room today, her basement and if I hadn't spent my gas money on energy drinks I'd fly out to wherever Vinny is and smash him with an over hand right. I don't consider myself a keyboard warrior but I can tell you this: Ronda couldn't armbar me because I am a man and I would anihalate Uriah because he isn't as tall as I am.

Exactly! Anytime any place Vinny! As long as it's not in the near future and I'm not in said place.

Post #14   1/22/13 2:00:50PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Exactly! Anytime any place Vinny! As long as it's not in the near future and I'm not in said place.

If Vinny is really as tough as he thinks he is then he should have no problem flying out to where I live and arm-wrestling me MANO Y MANO. That is... if he ain't CHICKEN.

Post #15   1/22/13 2:57:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2