Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why do people believe Weidman deserves a title shot ???

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Well supposely Silva is fighting in May or June
I heard this a month ago
If weidman is hurt Silva will face rockhold
I bet the Ufc is gonna wait to see if lombard beats Okami
And if he does don't be suprised if the Ufc pushes the Silva match do June or even July 7th in Vegas vs lombard

Post #16   1/24/13 8:55:26AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,140-679
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Who don't they deserve it and how can you market it? Ask that question:

Weidman, hasn't beaten a consistant top end guy such as Belfort, Sonnen, Okami. Could you market it? Stylistically he's the scariest Silva has to offer and right now he has no weaknesses.

Rockhold, hasnt beaten anyone in the UFC so it's really hard to understand where he sits in the division, could you market it? Yeah I guess champion vs Champion can sell but Rockhold isn't exactly a household name.

Belfort, he lost to Silva and he lost to Jones, the champion figured him out within 3 minutes. Could you market it? For all the wrong reasons, come see Belfort get knocked out again

Okami, Andersons knocked him out twice and the second time Okami looked a fool, also the loss to Boetsch is hard to forget. Could you market it? No, Okami isn't a popular fighter, he doesn't speak English and he's a "grinder"

Sonnen, he's moved to 205. Could you market it? Yes, Sonnen could sell you a seat in front of wet paint.

Bisping, never beaten a top tier fighter, maybe with wins over Belcher/Phillipou first then a big name like a Okami, Weidman, Lombard he'll get his shot but not right now. Could you market it, people love seeing Bisping get KO'd and who better than the champion, finally Bisping would stop campaigning for his shot.

Lombard, he's got a lacklustre loss over Boetsch which people won't forget. Could you market it? Yes, he's got a good chin, is a big fucking dude and would stand with Silva and chin check, people wanna know how good Silvas chin is and one bomb might answer that question.

Phillipou, needs another top tier win.

Munoz, coming off a KO loss

Belcher, coming off a stupid loss

Jacare, Shouldn't jump ahead of Rockhold in the pecking order.

Boetsch coming off an out of character performance resulting in a loss.

Instead of asking why people deserve it tell me who does deserve it when you are purposefully picking holes in them?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #17   1/24/13 9:33:03AM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:504-375
Chips:
Lack of options

Post #18   1/26/13 6:05:45PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,496-929
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
cung le...give him the fight please

Last edited 1/31/13 12:06PM server time by fonduktoe
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   1/31/13 12:04:32PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,851-1,574
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think Weidman could be the toughest fighter that Silva has faced because he seems to be a combination of Chael Sonnen and Travis Lutter, the two toughest opponents Silva has fought.

Post #20   2/1/13 3:29:11PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2