Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

YURI ALCANTARA GETS WIN BONUS DESPITE NO CONTEST VS. PEDRO NOBRE AT UFC ON FX 7

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yuri Alcantara walked away from the octagon disappointed after a no contest. But at least financially, he shouldn't be upset.

Link

Post #1   1/20/13 12:49:54AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
THAT PEdro noble act was pretty pathetic

Post #2   1/20/13 8:11:15AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Agreed. I think people are pretty far off base when they say he's a good actor. Rubbing the back of his head in seeming agony, despite being so incapacitated that he couldn't even get up for several minutes? Herb Dean would have told that clown to get up and head on back to the locker room.

Post #3   1/20/13 10:10:44AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Agreed. I think people are pretty far off base when they say he's a good actor. Rubbing the back of his head in seeming agony, despite being so incapacitated that he couldn't even get up for several minutes? Herb Dean would have told that clown to get up and head on back to the locker room.

The funny thing is I was going to comment on how much heart he had after surving the kimura. Can't remember seeing one that deep without the guy tapping out. I would've respected him more in a losing effort.

Post #4   1/20/13 11:13:08AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

The funny thing is I was going to comment on how much heart he had after surving the kimura. Can't remember seeing one that deep without the guy tapping out. I would've respected him more in a losing effort.

You would think that a guy that fought so hard to get through that kimura isn't going to look for a way out, but I guess that elbow took the heart out of him. He played it up so much afterwards, even on the way back to the locker room, that it seemed clear to me that he was just putting on an act.

Post #5   1/20/13 11:18:23AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,317-851
Chips:
I just hope they match em up with a KO beast next time so he has something real to cry about.

Post #6   1/20/13 1:49:39PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I just hope they match em up with a KO beast next time so he has something real to cry about.

Overeem?

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #7   1/20/13 1:51:49PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Its funny how when people are trying to act hurt, they all make the same facial contortions, but when you're actually hurt, you don't do any of that shit.

Like that thing where you have your eyes closed, but you pull your eyebrows up like you're surprised and then flutter your eyelids. It's a stereotypical thing to do, but no one with a head injury would ever actually do it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   1/20/13 11:50:05PM   

jaguar_paw

Learning to Sprawl

jaguar_paw Avatar

Career:2,043-1,477
Chips:
Good for Dana.
That was a terrible call, especially when no punches actually hit the back of his head. There WAS a short elbow that came close, but that didn't even get a warning, and Nobre was still activley defending.
Yet, as soon as the fight was stopped, Nobre starts acting all half knocked out.

That fight may read a "NC" in the books, but it's as good as a win when doing my fighter analysis.

Post #9   1/21/13 10:51:20AM