Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Can someone explain this Manti Te'o fake girlfriend thing?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Career:2,354-1,425
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I just saw a new story today :

Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Mauia told ESPN that he not only knew Kekua, but that he was close with her family. Mauia said Notre Dame might have been misinformed. He said he met Kekua in person when he went to do charity work in American Samoa with Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Troy Polamalu and several other Polynesians back in June 2011.

This is what he had to say in it: "This was before her and Manti, I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was... I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa. She was tall, Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model"

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

I don't know maybe there are two of these people with the same name, but Manti not talking is making me think he's trying (or his new agent) to come up with a good story or reasoning for this hoax.

Post #16   1/18/13 8:59:11AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:
Didn't those espn guys basically search the obituaries over a large time span and found nothing on her existence or death? How can Mauai claim she is real when her death never transpired unless she is real and pretended to die? Sucks to be a pessimist but I've seen enough in politics to realize that when it starts off seeming like it could be shitty, it usually is.
Since I'm going to subscribe to the notion that he is more of a culprit than a victim, I still have no idea why some of these clowns say they wouldn't have voted for him in the Hiesman if they could have their votes back. Just because he might be a dbag should have no effect on "most outstanding player in collegiate football". Whoever says that should be barred from voting again, as they clearly do not fit the description of "informed, competent, and impartial".

Post #17   1/18/13 9:13:11AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Polamalu has no involvement, he's made that clear...he's also a safety not a linebacker.Not sure if that was you're typo or the original article ?

Post #18   1/18/13 9:26:55AM   

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Chips:
that's their typo, I know he's a safety, I'm from the burg. it was just a cut and paste on my part, so u guys could get the gist of it w/o reading the entire article, which i unfortunately did! haha

Post #19   1/18/13 9:31:15AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Southside11

I just saw a new story today :

Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Mauia told ESPN that he not only knew Kekua, but that he was close with her family. Mauia said Notre Dame might have been misinformed. He said he met Kekua in person when he went to do charity work in American Samoa with Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Troy Polamalu and several other Polynesians back in June 2011.

This is what he had to say in it: "This was before her and Manti, I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was... I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa. She was tall, Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model"

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

I don't know maybe there are two of these people with the same name, but Manti not talking is making me think he's trying (or his new agent) to come up with a good story or reasoning for this hoax.

so what if someone took her identity online and used it as a prank/hoax on Manti? Similar to identity theft but without stealing money or w/e

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   1/18/13 9:42:55AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Southside11

that's their typo, I know he's a safety, I'm from the burg. it was just a cut and paste on my part, so u guys could get the gist of it w/o reading the entire article, which i unfortunately did! haha

Shit, didn't realize it was you who posted it.

You going Dahntahn for the Pens game tommorow? Maybe Donnie Iris is playing at diesel or Joe Kresheky and the house rockers.

I live like 45 minutes south of the Burgh.

Post #21   1/18/13 10:26:04AM   

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Chips:

so what if someone took her identity online and used it as a prank/hoax on Manti? Similar to identity theft but without stealing money or w/e

I think whether this is true or not, if I'm Manti, maybe i run with this, but i really dont see a scenario where he doesn't come off looking like a DB on some level.

Post #22   1/18/13 10:27:25AM   

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Chips:

You going Dahntahn for the Pens game tommorow? Maybe Donnie Iris is playing at diesel or Joe Kresheky and the house rockers.

HAHA, the game is in Philly tom, then we go up to NY and take down the Rangers (sorry Bubbles) They don't play at home until the 23rd. We get to whoop on the Maple Leafs for our home opener Be nice to come back start 3-0, but the Rangers game is prob the toughest.

I grew up about 45 min southeast of Pitt too (Mt. Pleasant area [around greensburg] if your familiar) but moved here about 2 yrs ago. I worked down here for about 7 yrs now and that commute got old.

Post #23   1/18/13 10:37:44AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Southside11

HAHA, the game is in Philly tom, then we go up to NY and take down the Rangers (sorry Bubbles) They don't play at home until the 23rd. We get to whoop on the Maple Leafs for our home opener Be nice to come back start 3-0, but the Rangers game is prob the toughest.

I grew up about 45 min southeast of Pitt too (Mt. Pleasant area [around greensburg] if your familiar) but moved here about 2 yrs ago. I worked down here for about 7 yrs now and that commute got old.

Yeah i know it's in Philly but figured bar hopping dahntahn...I'm southwest...I'm fortunate to live the county of Fayette lol.

Post #24   1/18/13 1:03:37PM   

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Chips:

.I'm fortunate to live the county of Fayette lol.

Good ole Fayette-nam huh? Nice, haha

Post #25   1/18/13 1:42:43PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Southside11

.I'm fortunate to live the county of Fayette lol.

Good ole Fayette-nam huh? Nice, haha

Lol You got it..

Post #26   1/18/13 2:51:05PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,838-1,586
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Apparently another person (not a famous football player) was scammed a few years ago by a woman with the same name, which seems to lend credibility to Te'o. Te'o rode out this far too long, as he knew she was fake over a month ago, and he seems to have inflated the significance of the relationship, but at the end of the day I don't believe he was involved in the birth of the hoax itself. He deserves blame for certain aspects, but I do believe to some level he was genuinely duped. I must say, in my short but sports saturated lifetime, I have never heard anything this bizarre. I have been shocked, saddened, and surprised by news in the past, but never this baffled. So many questions remain. Why would Tuiasosopo engage in this scheme multiple times? Why would Te'o continue to talk about her as though she existed for over a month (or, why would Notre Dame tell him to continue pretending?) How is it that the former Arizona fullback states with confidence that he has met this girl? Mark Twain seems more correct than ever in stating that truth is stranger than fiction.

Post #27   1/18/13 3:37:17PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
i dont care how or why it happened. no matter what, this has been a great couple of days of non-stop Te'o jokes.

Post #28   1/18/13 6:28:22PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
There's a recorded interview of his dad in which he said that Manti met her IN PERSON and that she VISITED him in Hawaii.

Te'o was in it, Heisman publicity. The dude is an attention whore and got caught. Now they are pulling strings everywhere to make him look like a victim.

Post #29   1/18/13 9:34:36PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
My guesses:
Hes gay. The lie was to get people off his back for not fucking all those hundreds of girls that wanted to be his groupie.

He really wanted the Heisman. Thought this could garner votes.

Hes mentally retarded, and fell in love with an internet picture.

He has hilariously mean friends. Also, hes still retarded.

Lance Armstrong did it.

Post #30   1/18/13 11:30:42PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3