Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Can someone explain this Manti Te'o fake girlfriend thing?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I am having a hard time understanding this story. Did he never speak to her on the phone or meet her in person and this was strictly an internet relationship? I find it kind of odd that he didn't have contact with this chick he was "in love with" nor being in contact with her friends and family after her "death."

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   1/17/13 6:57:06PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
According to some things I've heard from the ND reps, he spoke with not only her but her family members on the phone. Another version is that his friend set all this up(ie her facebook, twitter, etc.) and Manti went along with it. Right now there are more questions that answers out there.

I think the lesson here is don't meet chicks on the net. They're crazy enough in person, on the net they can really appear normal until they suck you in and then you see the crazy/emotionally disturbed/drug addict/alcoholic/really a man/whatever side of them. In this case, if he was duped(although my gut says he knew she wasn't real), I think the person perpetrating this knew he was a "celeb" and was trying to somehow exploit that.

Post #2   1/17/13 7:21:51PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:
Thats just it Bubs, he ONLY talked to her on the phone...I dont buy it tho. He knew what was up and he got caught so he claimed that he received a call from her after she supposedly died and thats when he found out he got played. His dad said that the girl had came to Hawaii once to see him so someone in his family must have seen her, right?

You would think they would have at least used Skype or facetime if it was legit. Where therr is smoke there is fire.

Post #3   1/17/13 7:25:11PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Te'o WAS A VICTIM

Post #4   1/17/13 7:25:18PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:710-345
Chips:
A lot of people are saying that he was in on it, which I tend to believe as well. There are reasons it may have been easier to have a faux-GF for three years if you weren't interested in publicly dating/pursuing girls and living the pro-athlete lifestyle. Know what I mean?

The stories of him on the phone with her while they slept and he would wake up to the sound of her breathing (in the hospital). It sounds kind of far-fetched. Especially because the guy reported to be behind it may have had ties to Manti and I'm thinking it's probably pretty hard for him to fake being a girl in all those phone calls they reportedly had. I think the public stories he told about her were all over the place too and pretty inconsistent.

I can't imagine him being this public about her being his GF and telling his family he wanted to marry this girl and that she was 'the love of his life' if all they were going on was text messages for three years.

Plus the public nature of it kind of made him a hero until the big fallout. Something's off about the whole thing.

Post #5   1/17/13 7:28:20PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:
I see where you're going there DD, and you might just be onto something.

I don't understand why he would lie about her death when his grandma just died since he already had a loss to grieve that would play well with the media. I'm not at all saying that he was trying to play the "woe is me" card about his grandma dying at all, but why would he need to pile the GF's death on top of it? It doesn't make sense and that's the only reason I still have some part of me thinking he wasn't in on this.

Post #6   1/17/13 7:35:26PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
My first theory was that he was trying to pull heisman votes

BUT I've since changed my mind as I have learned more about it and have settled on just plain attention seeking

Lame imo

I could be wrong of course. And if I am oh well who cares

Post #7   1/17/13 9:55:42PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Here's a picture of my and my fake girlfriend Skyping each other.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #8   1/17/13 11:07:12PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
Here's my fake girlfriend hanging with Danny "Last Call" Castillo.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #9   1/17/13 11:08:09PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
Here she is again...my fake girlfriend on the 50 yard line at Lucas Oil Stadium!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #10   1/17/13 11:09:57PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
And again...fake girlfriend in the cage with Chris Leben after KO'ing Wandy.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #11   1/17/13 11:10:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I was telling my co worker Kenny that he probably didn't know it but he probably was dating a tranny.
He killed her off quick when he found out she's a man baby !!!

Post #12   1/17/13 11:23:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
@ Fleek's fake girlfriend

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   1/18/13 12:12:45AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:
This thread is like a foreign language to me

Post #14   1/18/13 12:30:37AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,898-1,094
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

This thread is like a foreign language to me

A Linebacker from Notre Dame the college, Which is either loved or hated in the US. They're a catholic school with a rich tradition of american football. Manti Te'o is a really good player and projected an early pick the NFL draft to play in the pros. Well there was a story of his grandma and girlfriend dying on the same day and of course sob stories always garner attention so it put him in the spotlight and along with his talent on the field he almost won the heisman the award given out the best collegiate player for the season.But it turned out to be a hoax and his GF never existed he was catfished or made the entire thing up..Basically a big fabrication so he can be the attention whore he allegedly is..

I think anyways..

Last edited 1/18/13 8:49AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #15   1/18/13 8:48:11AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3