Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Manager: UFC champ Ronda Rousey meant no disrespect with Sandy Hook video

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ronda Rousey's manager today said the UFC women's bantamweight champ meant no disrespect when she retweeted a video linked to the Sandy Hook Truther Movement.

Link

Post #1   1/16/13 6:06:22PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
She's an idiot, he should have started with that because her comments where moronic.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   1/16/13 6:45:35PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
Some people just look for trouble

Post #3   1/16/13 8:58:01PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
I will now try my best to avoid any threads with Rondumda Rousey in it

Post #4   1/16/13 9:21:17PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
Wow. I watched some sandy hook conspiracy theory this morning and was real confused.. But If i was champion i would tweet it.. I'd have the money to experience it myself.

I think I've fallen for every conspiracy theory there is...

It seems everything Rousey does these days is news... I mean what the fuck. I got into mma to get away from celebrity idolisation and all I seem to hear is Ronda said this, Ronda apologises for that.

I mean has Ronda signed up for a reality show and I didn't read the headline? It seems like everything she does or says has to be turned into an article. What's next? Ronda not afraid to grapple with a lesbian then another article after saying "Manager apologises for Rousey singling out lesbians."

Yes it sad for any real victims involved, but I mean she's a UFC Champion now, if your really that confused just fly out there and talk to the families of victims yourself. It'd make better headlines; give the UFC better rep and who knows what's going on inside your brain and if your meeting people just because you think something fishies going on, you get to see it all and make an opinion first hand.

Somedays you just gotta keep your thoughts to yourself and if your real interested in something. Research it on your own in your free time
Not everything you think needs to be seen by all.

Last edited 1/16/13 9:39PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   1/16/13 9:37:39PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:
I'd just to keep it to myself. Those families just lived through a tragedy no one should have to endure and then spend the holidays waking up to the realisation that losing their children wasn't just a nightmare like they hoped. Now to top it off we have heartless tin foil hat bastards harrassing them over their dead children. It's sick.

Post #6   1/16/13 9:48:43PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wrong? Yes.

Stupid for people to get so butthurt over it? Yes.

Carry on.

Post #7   1/16/13 11:04:03PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,056-559
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Growing pains -

Post #8   1/16/13 11:30:00PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,486-872
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think the problem here is celebrity and politics. The two just don't mix well,but I always try to remember that just because I admire someone in a certain aspect of their life, doesn't mean i'll feel the same about every thing they do.

Personally, I feel terrible about the whole episode of events,but I would be lying if I also omitted the fact alot of weirdness unfolded as well. Perhaps its just plain old confusion and the media to blame. Perhaps their's more.
I hate even seeing this type of stuff on this website just because I feel like MMAPlayground is the one place I can normally get away from the bs politics.

In the end,maybe the fact that so many political stories in the past few years bleed into the lives of MMA sport stars show the severity of the situation at hand?
I feel that a lot of Americans now have the attitude that you can't trust the media,and you can't trust the government. But who can blame them?

Post #9   1/17/13 3:32:09AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:
I really wish athletes could just do their sports and leave politics etc out of their diatribe. Maybe that's why Volkmann is so annoying.

Post #10   1/17/13 8:40:21AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
She's watching too many Bloodstain Lane Vlogs.

Post #11   1/17/13 9:04:56AM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:1,567-910
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I really wish athletes could just do their sports and leave politics etc out of their diatribe. Maybe that's why Volkmann is so annoying.

Yes, I wish nobody expressed their opinions because of their job

It was her personal twitter, not a post fight interview. Blame the media for turning it into a big deal.

Post #12   1/17/13 9:23:21AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:

Posted by Solidus

Posted by airkerma

Yes, I wish nobody expressed their opinions because of their job

It was her personal twitter, not a post fight interview. Blame the media for turning it into a big deal.

Sounds like you're not too familiar with the whole real world thing...

Post #13   1/17/13 10:55:03AM