Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After Losing Vision Briefly, Pat Curran Fully Recovered from Fractured Orbital

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
It was a scary injury.

Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran was winding down his training camp for a title defense against Patricio Freire in August, and he caught a punch that put him on the sidelines for weeks with a fractured orbital.

“I guess I was sparring with a guy a little bit too big,” Curran told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He was a boxer. I was just boxing down in Chicago. I don’t know, it was just a freak accident. I was sparring with him pretty much the whole camp leading up to the fight. It was my second to last sparring session and he just clipped me with a right hook, and it fractured it.”

If a fractured orbital sounds painful, that’s because it is.

“It was pretty painful,” Curran said. “It was my first time ever fracturing my orbital. When it happened, I really didn’t know what was going on. I was instantly blind. My nose started bleeding on the same side and I pretty much lost vision for about 30 minutes. It was hard for me to see out of that eye for a while, but in time, it healed.”

The injury didn’t require surgery. Instead, Curran went eight weeks without sparring and then switched to thicker headgear before jumping back in the ring to prepare for his defense against Freire, which takes place Thursday at Bellator Fighting Championships 85

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   1/14/13 3:28:39PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
that injury cost me a chance to see him fight Freire live, but im glad he's doing better. those are some scary injuries.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   1/14/13 3:32:48PM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:
Lost vision for 30 minutes, I would've been freaking out for those whole 30 minutes.

Post #3   1/14/13 6:07:22PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,546-1,579
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I've broken mine before. For me it hurt worse the next day. I've heard of some fighters not really noticing it for a few days.

Post #4   1/14/13 6:28:03PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Thankfully he can fight again. You never know with eye related injuries. 2013 might be a big year for Curran. I can't wait to see the Pitbull fight

Post #5   1/14/13 7:59:45PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:986-613
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

Lost vision for 30 minutes, I would've been freaking out for those whole 30 minutes.

So much this! There is no way I can imagine myself being calm in this situation.

Good to hear he's fully healed and I'm looking forward to a great fight with Freire

Post #6   1/14/13 9:50:39PM