Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC targeting Ben Henderson vs Gilbert Melendez for UFC on Fox 7

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ben Henderson may make his next UFC lightweight title defense against Strikeforce lightweight champ Gilbert Melendez on April 20 on UFC on Fox 7.

Link

Post #1   1/14/13 2:52:41PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

This is the fight that makes most sense at this point in my opinion. UFC doesn't have a clear number 1 contender so Gil should get the immediate shot.

Post #2   1/14/13 2:56:11PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
Jones v Sonnen on my Birthday

Melendez vs Bendo a week before

Cant complain

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   1/14/13 3:03:35PM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,356-1,407
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
Easy fight for Ben if he watches tapes and trains his fucking ass off!! Melendez doesn't deserve the shot but oh well he earned it. I see Melendez losing to henderson then to maynard the to diaz then to guida and amybe danzig and being given a pink slip and sent back to the minor leagues. hopefully he proves me wrong. I think maynard or bj deserve this shot not melendez. but oh well its going to happen ben needs an easy win after his all his decisoin wins...so bring it on!!!

Post #4   1/14/13 3:08:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Easy fight for Ben if he watches tapes and trains his fucking ass off!! Melendez doesn't deserve the shot but oh well he earned it. I see Melendez losing to henderson then to maynard the to diaz then to guida and amybe danzig and being given a pink slip and sent back to the minor leagues. hopefully he proves me wrong. I think maynard or bj deserve this shot not melendez. but oh well its going to happen ben needs an easy win after his all his decisoin wins...so bring it on!!!

I think we found teh new kingsmasher

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   1/14/13 3:23:47PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,771-1,522
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

What has BJ done at LW lately to warrant himself a crack at the belt I'm a bit confused

And Guida has dropped to feather weight and if I'm not mistaken Gil has already beat Guida

Post #6   1/14/13 3:27:14PM   

MoparJR253

Learning to Sprawl

Career:112-66
Chips:
Meh. Not too thrilled about this matchup. I think they should have waited until Pettis/Cerrone played out. If Pettis won decisively then he should get the shot. Alot easier sell and i know Bendo wants that fight more. I think Melendezbis gonna get smashed.

Post #7   1/14/13 3:36:46PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Coolhand37

What has BJ done at LW lately to warrant himself a crack at the belt I'm a bit confused

And Guida has dropped to feather weight and if I'm not mistaken Gil has already beat Guida

and I doubt Nate and Gil would fight, and Gil would wreck Danzig

Post #8   1/14/13 4:14:50PM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:

Posted by MoparJR253

Meh. Not too thrilled about this matchup. I think they should have waited until Pettis/Cerrone played out. If Pettis won decisively then he should get the shot. Alot easier sell and i know Bendo wants that fight more. I think Melendezbis gonna get smashed.

Melendez vs Bendo is going to be a dog fight.

Melendez has been a top 5 LW for the last 2+ years and has recieved almost zero recognition from the casual population. I'm not sure who exactly deserves the next title shot, but Gil is near the top of the list.

Plus its free?? No complaints from me.

Post #9   1/14/13 4:20:08PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Gotta take Bendo

Post #10   1/14/13 4:51:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I was thinking of going. Either this or memorial day weekend

Post #11   1/14/13 5:48:00PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Melendez at +300 or higher is going to be a steal.

Post #12   1/14/13 6:13:04PM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:
I'm thinking since Gil drop out of his last Stikeforce fight (Due to injury :rolling eyes: ), he should put up the Stikeforce Lightweight belt on the line against Ben. That way Ben could kept a belt from another promotion since he lost his against Anthony Pettis

Post #13   1/14/13 6:17:32PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Coolhand37

I think we found teh new kingsmasher

99% of that didn't make sense. Worst. Post. Ever.

Post #14   1/14/13 6:28:56PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

I think he'd lose to Maynard and Henderson. He trains with Diaz, so they wouldn't fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #15   1/14/13 6:41:58PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2