Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Where is Rashad headed to now?

Print  
Posted By Message

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
As of UFN 8 Rashad has had 2 wins decided by vicious knockout, Jason Lambert who unfortunately suffered getting his head pounded in from the mount and Sean Salmon who basically got kicked in the face. Although Rashad has had both his wins decisively, I still believe that Rashad needs to fight tougher competition for a title shot.

Rashad has been rapidly improving with his game, hes stepped up and made the decision to train at Greg Jackson's camp in New Mexico with the likes of Diego Sanchez and Kieth Jardine which could take him leaps and bounds in terms of technical, and conditional improvement. If Rashad continues to train around the same people he'll continue to become a better and better fighter, and as the great Randy Couture once said "“Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Find workout and drilling partners that challenge you or you’ll never improve your game!".

I think now that Rashad has proved to both the UFC and the MMA fans that he is indeed capable of winning a fight without a dreaded decision he's going to start getting the big dogs of the LHW division heading his way. Maybe not to the level of Quinton Jackson, Tito Ortiz, and Babalu Sobral but definetly fighters such as Michael Bisping, or Forrest Griffin who are all also hungry for future contention of the UFC LHW belt.

Post #1   1/28/07 3:55:48PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Reignofterror

As of UFN 8 Rashad has had 2 wins decided by vicious knockout, Jason Lambert who unfortunately suffered getting his head pounded in from the mount and Sean Salmon who basically got kicked in the face. Although Rashad has had both his wins decisively, I still believe that Rashad needs to fight tougher competition for a title shot.

Rashad has been rapidly improving with his game, hes stepped up and made the decision to train at Greg Jackson's camp in New Mexico with the likes of Diego Sanchez and Kieth Jardine which could take him leaps and bounds in terms of technical, and conditional improvement. If Rashad continues to train around the same people he'll continue to become a better and better fighter, and as the great Randy Couture once said "“Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Find workout and drilling partners that challenge you or you’ll never improve your game!".

I think now that Rashad has proved to both the UFC and the MMA fans that he is indeed capable of winning a fight without a dreaded decision he's going to start getting the big dogs of the LHW division heading his way. Maybe not to the level of Quinton Jackson, Tito Ortiz, and Babalu Sobral but definetly fighters such as Michael Bisping, or Forrest Griffin who are all also hungry for future contention of the UFC LHW belt.------------------------------------

Yeah he's in the as talented, but not as proven group. That doesn't mean Forest, Bisping, Rashad, Jardine, won't beat Tito, Babalu, Rampage. I think they each need a victory over one of the veterans or a fighter of similar skill before they get a titile shot.

Last edited 1/28/07 4:14PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   1/28/07 4:13:22PM