Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Might get fired from my job. :-(

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That sucks man and I'm sorry to hear about it
I am not that business aware, I work but if I have any problems I don't know what I'd do so all I can do is really try cheer you up as it sucks to hear your depressed. Would you want to be transferred or moved or is the current location ideal? I think the PGers bring up some good points. Your supposed to work 8 hours a day, that's 1/3rd of your life working, if you hate your job you need to find something you like, sounds real stupid but there's no point looking back at your life thinking you hated a third of it...

Gonna put my best Stone Cold impression on and say

How about I fly out to wherever the hell you live
What?!
Meet up drink a couple of beers
What?!
Drive round your bosses house
What?!
Meet that little sonofa bitch
What?!
Walk in to his front room
What?!
Let him talk to old stone cold Steve Austin
What?!
Then let the texas rattlesnake take care of business, let me stomp a little mudhole in his white ass. Can I get a hell yeah?
Hell Yeah!
Then I'm gonna walk into his kitchen open his fridge, grab a 6 pack, and we'll drink it standing over his fat ass. And that's the botttttttommmm line. Cause STONE COLD said so.

Last edited 1/12/13 5:41AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #16   1/12/13 5:32:07AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Spider.

Last year in Dec I almost got fired. I was a manager for 6 Years. I fixed stores. Made their shrink low and sales high and moved on from store to store. I was one of the best in san Diego. My job decided to respond and believe a lady who only was with the company for three months who was creating a hostile work environment. I been with them 14 fucking years. After all i did for them they were about to throw me out. Anyways. I got demoted. Assured after 6 months probation I would be put as manager. It was rough have to swallow my pride and take it. A year later.
I am back as manager. Took a shit store. Have had their shrink literally cut in half. And are up over average of 1500 dollars in sales a week. This with two less employees and about 50 less hours per week. Am I good at what I do hell ya. I know. That they fucking know that. And if they ever try to threaten me again. Or fire me. Fuck them. I'll get a job somewhere else.

What ever u do don't step down as manager shows sign
Of weakness. If u can take the transfer. Start somewhere fresh. And if u do get demoted just take it prove your worth and they will re promote you again.

Post #17   1/12/13 8:51:31AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If you can't easily go over their heads, I think I would go for the transfer. It isn't the greatest option but it's a way to keep your job, not work for those same douche lords, and keep your management position. I'm outside the system so I don't personally deal with this but we had a similar situation at my work. Coworker was accused of writing an anonymous letter, though someone was fired 1 week before this letter was received, but they refused to accept that it could be someone else. These clowns then claimed they could properly analyze the handwriting to pin it on my coworker. In the end they wouldn't admit they were wrong and wouldn't show anyone the actual letter. People of their ilk are also in general in HR, so be careful with those pencil pushing know nothing busy bodies. Sorry to hear about this bullshit man.

Post #18   1/12/13 9:15:27AM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,760-1,113
Chips:
Thanks guys I really appreciate the support here.

I was told I would not be transferred because I'm a problem. I will be looking being told I am no longer my position and we will stay till I make a decision. Which I didn't budge. I too have a reputation for fixing stores/training managers/associates that become managers/shrink fixed in 3 different stores. The current store I'm isI was personally asked to come in and open based off my experience. I have never had issues with performance till these 2 managers.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #19   1/12/13 9:17:33AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:
my last store also i was requested to come
take the demotion usually with a demotion they transfer you either that or if u can talk to your disctrict manager or their boss and request a transfer

Post #20   1/12/13 9:28:33AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
sounds like a pile of bullshit. I've never had these sort of problems before but the advice here is pretty good. Things will work out for the best

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   1/12/13 11:04:05AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:899-599
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
i wouldn't sweat it man. i would probably do what most have said, request a transfer or get your resume out there. with your experience someone will come calling.

if i was in your position i would have definintly been fired. i dont have much of a filter on my mouth when it comes to a boss acting like their god, and it would have been worse if i had 2 of them ganging up on me. the first question out of my mouth would have been, which 1 of you is going to suck my dick first?

i give you credit for keeping cool, like i said, dont sweat sweat it man, do what you got to do and

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #22   1/12/13 11:17:37AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It sounds like you both have a conflict of interest, and parting ways wouldn't be such a bad thing. It also seems that you've put yourself on a pedestal of importance, where you feel that they owe you, even though your just another title to them, I think you were rude and I feel they overreacted, you either lose or get a fresh start so make the most of it.

Post #23   1/12/13 1:25:38PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Management is so 90's - - come over to the dark side - - REAL ESTATE

Side Note, if you eventually decide to leave Real Estate, why not leave in style, in handcuffs

Win-Win Situation

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #24   1/12/13 2:47:49PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I don't have time to write a lengthy response and all I can do is wish you the best.

From my experience, work is a war zone. You literally have to watch your back at all times. Know who you can trust and know whose asses to kiss. The kissing part does tend to mess with your pride but sometimes if you want to get ahead in this world, kissing ass is all you have to do. I've never had to kiss ass but if I had to, I would give a big wet sloppy kiss to make sure he or she remembers me.

I haven't helped you in any way but I hope I at least brought a smile to your face.

Post #25   1/14/13 12:36:52AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Spider - I am a manager for a large medical billing firm, and deal with politics of the workplace everyday. In my experience, when something arises like the situation you are currently dealing with, it's because there is a conflict of interest between the work you do and the strategy your supervisors intend to pursue with the store. As a result, any little thing they find to be unsatisfactory, they HAVE to document and provide to HR. Companies, especially larger ones, are VERY hesitant to fire someone without a clear trail, because of the potential litigation risk for false termination. Trust me, if they had the ability to fire you, you would be gone by now probably, however, that doesn't mean they won't be gunning. My advice would be to have a sit down with your direct bosses and talk it out, and come to a mutual agreement on how to deal with your performance.

If you are contentious, it's going to be very difficult to maintain your job in the long run, because they will come up reasons to can your ass. Have them call off the dogs, and look for a new job.

Post #26   1/14/13 1:39:38PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Spider - I am a manager for a large medical billing firm, and deal with politics of the workplace everyday. In my experience, when something arises like the situation you are currently dealing with, it's because there is a conflict of interest between the work you do and the strategy your supervisors intend to pursue with the store. As a result, any little thing they find to be unsatisfactory, they HAVE to document and provide to HR. Companies, especially larger ones, are VERY hesitant to fire someone without a clear trail, because of the potential litigation risk for false termination. Trust me, if they had the ability to fire you, you would be gone by now probably, however, that doesn't mean they won't be gunning. My advice would be to have a sit down with your direct bosses and talk it out, and come to a mutual agreement on how to deal with your performance.

If you are contentious, it's going to be very difficult to maintain your job in the long run, because they will come up reasons to can your ass. Have them call off the dogs, and look for a new job.

He's right about the firing. I'm in a union so unless they have shit on tape or something my company won't dare do it. A difference of how you do things and what they want will always have conflict even if your way is making more sales or in general a better way

Post #27   1/14/13 5:53:56PM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
Had to take a $2.50 pay cut today. Which would be more than if I got promoted back to that position. This made no sense to me the way he tried to pose it was BS when he pulled out the pay scale he first tried to take more but with my years of experience added in I was in the next quartile. Fishy shit nawutimeen? Started the job search on Friday. Calling some former bosses to check for openings. I'm still interested in if it was okay that he wouldn't let me leave till I stepped down. You guys are all awesome. Can't wait to gtfo.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #28   1/14/13 6:54:49PM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
I would like to thank everyone on this thread.

Post #29   1/14/13 6:56:15PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Had to take a $2.50 pay cut today. Which would be more than if I got promoted back to that position. This made no sense to me the way he tried to pose it was BS when he pulled out the pay scale he first tried to take more but with my years of experience added in I was in the next quartile. Fishy shit nawutimeen? Started the job search on Friday. Calling some former bosses to check for openings. I'm still interested in if it was okay that he wouldn't let me leave till I stepped down. You guys are all awesome. Can't wait to gtfo.

You know what this means? It means he posed the idea of potentially firing you to his bosses, and they blew him off because he didn't have enough evidence. The pay cut is probably the extent of his powers as upper management at the store. I guarantee you he is trying to get you to quit so he doesn't have to go through the hassle. Gotta play politics until you find another job unfortunately. Make sure to keep the peace!

Post #30   1/14/13 10:18:52PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2