Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Might get fired from my job. :-(

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So I've been a member of management for 9 years.

So lat week our schedule said I had Mon,Wed, and Sun off well my boss started accusing me of no call no showing my Wed shift. Now I'm the type of employee that never misses work. Shit I pretty much have to be in the hospital to miss. Now all of a sudden I'm getting accused of this. He was a real ass so instead of arguing I said what ever and left the room. 5 mins later I came back and apologized for my walking out angry and said it wasn't something that has ever happened in my entire working career. He says I don't want to hear excuses. Or as a manager I shouldn't act like that. So fine We moved forward.

This all happened this Mon.

So today My old boss who was a complete lying bitch comes in and with 9 mins left at the end of my shift I get bombarded from both of them with I have an attitude problem and I shouldn't be a member of management for the way I acted. She then lies about some paperwork that was wrong even though she wanted it completed the wrong way. So to prove me wrong she looks for paperwork that didn't excisist. Now back to my boss who keeps giving me this evil eye/mad dogging look. Then says I make bad decisions because I okay'd a return and we lost $20. Now it goes from me having an attitude problem to I make too many wrong decisions. Now he says I will no longer be a member of management and I will be an associate. I refused so he pulls out a resignation
and says here is your other option. I refused that one too. So I get asked about me wanted to transfer or step down. I have been thinking aboutit for some time because I've been stuck in the same fucking store for 4 years and haven't been allowed to move. Well then I get told if I step down to a lower management position I will be doing the same job as I currently am. Well then I get thrown with the same options and was accused of being a problem and not allowed to transfer. So I refused to step down and refused to resign. He said I will fail.

Thing is he has only told me I've been doing a good job and any issues he found in our store I have fixed or have scheduled to fix. He brought up performance but could not point out any issues

Please help me realize it's not the end of the world if I get fired. I have hated my job for years but I am pretty depressed

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #1   1/11/13 9:31:00PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Dont know where you work but you need to get in touch with someone higher then your boss. You also need to gather witnesses and maybe gain statements refuting what your bosses have said about you.

Post #2   1/11/13 9:40:26PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
Also. It's not the end of the world man. . Jobs come and go. You'll land a better one a more FUN one. That is of course if you really want it. put your mind to it .you'll get it

Post #3   1/11/13 9:44:59PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Use it as your motivation to better your situation. No one wants to work for a douchebag. F 'em.

Post #4   1/11/13 9:46:23PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Dont know where you work but you need to get in touch with someone higher then your boss. You also need to gather witnesses and maybe gain statements refuting what your bosses have said about you.

I was thinking this and to HR. I now feel like he pretty much wants to fire me. He said I will fail wouldn't even let me be my position. I didn't even know that was possible.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #5   1/11/13 9:47:48PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by george112

I was thinking this and to HR. I now feel like he pretty much wants to fire me. He said I will fail wouldn't even let me be my position. I didn't even know that was possible.

Go to HR. Lay the facts and explain the situation your being put in. A transfer is highly possible going through HR. Matter of fact I thought that's where you needed to go to get a transfer atleast from my experience at home depot and academy. HR will help you and if they don't contact corporate HR

Post #6   1/11/13 10:16:13PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Chips:
1. Sometimes HR is not your friend, not on your side, and not going to help you. I'd say try them if you willing to take some risk.
2. It sounds like you work with a really low quality group of people (at least at the management level). I'd recommend taking inventory of your experience, past responsibilities and achievements and consider where else you might be able to apply yourself. Then maybe line up some opportunities/interviews. See what's out there, see if you can move up in the world to something better.

Don't stagnate. Keep re-evaluating yourself, your value, and where you want to go.

Post #7   1/11/13 10:25:01PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Chips:
I'd definitely talk to HR, and tell them about the harassment you've been receiving. Maybe look for another job, while you're going through your current bs.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   1/11/13 10:29:40PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Just be careful with HR....if you let them know your looking to do something other than just transfer (new job)and they may just send you packing early.

Post #9   1/11/13 10:45:45PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
nice to know

Post #10   1/11/13 11:00:19PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:997-529
Chips:
Sounds like you are a marked man. I hate to be prejudice here, but female bosses are THE WORST bosses to work for. I have had bad experiences with females in upper management before as well. My advice for you would be to transfer a.s.a.p. Unless you are tired of working in the field you currently are in, then I would look into doing something else. You have to get out of there. Remember H.R. is not always your friend. There is a lot of political bullshit the higher you go, and sometimes the harder you try to stand up for yourself, the harder you get fucked in the end. "The nail that sticks out the furthest, is the one that gets hammered down first."

Post #11   1/11/13 11:12:57PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Chips:
quit that job bro!!!!

Last edited 1/12/13 12:33AM server time by ShaneTpain
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   1/12/13 12:31:22AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Chips:
Your friend, now and always is documentation. If you have a copy of the schedule with the days off, that's proof. To me this just sounds like discrimination, as well as creating a hostile work environment.

Write down everything positive you have ever done at and for that company. Helping co-workers, helping customers,problem solving, etc etc. Try and get approximate dates for all events. This helps your side of the story, and further puts the burden of proof on them.

As for the $20 return, sometimes that is the best move. If returning $20 of merchandise satisfies your customer, maybe they will come back to that store with the honest manager (you) who is truly looking out for his customers. Maybe they will make a bigger purchase. Maybe they will tell their friends about what ultimately turned into a positive experience. If your fellow managers can't understand that, maybe it is they who aren't fit for the position.

Now I don't recommend this..... I know you have a family.... but I'd compile my defense and say "Hey, I like you guys, I like the company.... but if you fuck with my hours or threaten my job or fire me, I will sue the fuck out of you". Take that to them or corporate and I would bet they leave you alone. No one likes a lawsuit, let alone the threat of one. And while I don't know CO labor law, I would be willing to bet you are close to a case, if you don't have one already.

Post #13   1/12/13 1:02:09AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Chips:
As far as losing your job, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it is easier said than done, but they are bullying you at that job. Let them know you won't take that shit. You got to do what's best for you and your family. If they don't leave you alone, threaten a suit.

If for some reason you did lose that job, your long tenure and management position at one location looks great to prospective employers. File for unemployment and start pounding the pavement. I bet you could find another job before you even start collecting.

Post #14   1/12/13 1:12:29AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Chips:
Get transgender surgery stat then claim you were harassed because you were transgender. If you don't wanna man up and get your jublees cut off, I guess the other guys have decent advice too

Post #15   1/12/13 5:01:03AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2