Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mir off of UFC 74 card

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

It appears that the rumored rematch between former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia and Frank Mir which had been talked about for UFC 74 on August 25 in Las Vegas is off.

MMAWeekly.com had listed a Sylvia vs. Mir match in its rumors section for the UFC 74 card but recently made an alteration, with Sylvia listed to fight an opponent to be announced at a later date.

According to the Wrestling Observers, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Keith Kizer, had no intentions of approving a match between Mir and Sylvia. Mir looked terrible at UFC 65 when he was TKO'd by Brandon Vera after just 1:09 into the round. Apparently Kizer wants to see Mir's next fight be against an opponent that isn't the caliber of Sylvia, so that he can prove himself again.

Post #1   6/3/07 5:45:49PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I personally didn't want to see this match that much. Interesting that Mir will commentate for the WEC tonight (surprising and strange might actually be better words than interesting).

PS Glad to see you posting news again Disorderlyvision.

Post #2   6/3/07 6:08:02PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

I personally didn't want to see this match that much. Interesting that Mir will commentate for the WEC tonight (surprising and strange might actually be better words than interesting).

Thanks, I am going to try to do it more regularly now. things have been pretty hectic for me lately, but things are calming down a bit, so i have some more free time.

Post #3   6/3/07 8:05:27PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by xthe_scottx

Thanks, I am going to try to do it more regularly now. things have been pretty hectic for me lately, but things are calming down a bit, so i have some more free time.

It's good to have you back. I've always enjoyed the articles you find from websites I don't check regularly.

Post #4   6/3/07 8:06:55PM