Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chris Leben still under contract

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

As some of you will recall, UFC middleweight fighter Chris Leben is no longer with Team Quest (he actually had been splitting time at another camp even before he left) and has accepted a head trainer's position at the ICON Sport training center in Hawaii.

In recent weeks Leben has been vocal about his current pay scale in the UFC and has talked about fighting for ICON Sports' MMA promotion in the future. ICON Sports is the same promotion where Robbie Lawler, Frank Trigg, and Jason Miller have fought.

During my UFC 71 preview on CBS Sportsline last week I incorrectly stated that Leben's match vs. Kalib Starnes might be his last in the UFC. As it turns out, Leben is still under contract to the UFC and I believe he has a year left on his current contract.

Leben has lost three out of his last four bouts but don't look for the UFC to give him an early release. UFC president Dana White is a big fan of Leben's fighting style and with so many card to promote, someone with Leben's name recognition isn't going to just be tossed onto the scrap heap.

Post #1   6/3/07 5:44:26PM