Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 156 main card set, McCall vs. Benavidez takes final PPV slot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by aussiemma

sooo looking forward to fitch vs maia, grappling fans wet dream !!

seems to me everyone has forgotten how good maia is, no one is even talking about him being a threat at 170.

not when the division is top heavy with great wrestlers who will keep the fight standing

i didn't really want to get into this, but maia is phenomenal against high level wrestlers. Chael sub rnd 1, plus an awesome judo throw....story sub rnd 1.

good discussion so far.

the golden question: Can and will Fitch keep the fight on the feet, or will he find himself tied up in Maias web?

Post #16   1/11/13 12:10:30PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by shaneTpain

this card is so delicious! its like a unicorn came in my mouth!!!

Which is basically just horse semen mixed with glitter, right?

tangy

And SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Post #17   1/11/13 12:13:26PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MuayThaiGeek13

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by aussiemma

seems to me everyone has forgotten how good maia is, no one is even talking about him being a threat at 170.

not when the division is top heavy with great wrestlers who will keep the fight standing

i didn't really want to get into this, but maia is phenomenal against high level wrestlers. Chael sub rnd 1, plus an awesome judo throw....story sub rnd 1.

good discussion so far.

the golden question: Can and will Fitch keep the fight on the feet, or will he find himself tied up in Maias web?

And don't forget about maia's improved stand up this fight should be really good

Post #18   1/11/13 12:18:44PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MuayThaiGeek13

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by aussiemma

good discussion so far.

Don't forget about maia's improved stand up. This one should be a FANtastic fight

Post #19   1/11/13 12:22:21PM   

MoparJR253

Learning to Sprawl

Career:112-66
Chips:
While Maias standup has been improving its still just okay. Hes very predictable. He likes his inside leg kick and uncorks and looping left hook pretty often that is easy to see coming. He doesnt throw many uppercuts or straight punches nor does he throw his hips into his punches. The only real time i was impressed with his standup was the head kick he landed on Munoz. That was crazy. Fitch on the other hand while lacking power is more fluid on the feet. He stays light and has a complete arsenal in his boxing. If you dont believe me watch the Pierce fight again. While he got tagged in the 3rd round he was owning the standup other than that. He has a good straight right, his jab and body work are lacking but he uses his hooks and uppercuts very well..... fuck im excited for this fight. Im a huge Fitch fan so hoping he walks away with a UD here.

Post #20   1/11/13 1:31:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2