Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

curious how the ufc approaches the women mma landscape

Print  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Right now there are about 7 events filled and almost to
Completion on others so far but yet only one female fight
I think the Ufc has only openly signed 4 women fighters

If they want to do this. They need to start adding fights to the future cards. And start finding talent. Cause having a female fight every 5 or 6 cards is a joke.

They should have signed Sarah Kaufman , Davis , and every top 10 fighter in the world at the 135 weight class

Post #1   1/9/13 1:54:17PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i think they

1. see how Rousey/Carmouche does
2. set up a future card w/ Rousey/Cyborg & have another wmma fight on that card or on the card directly preceding it, to try to set up a contender for Rousey/Cyborg
3. then, if Rousey/Cyborg fails, they'll drop the division. if it works, they'll set up a couple more down the road w/ the same model as step 2, & maybe add 1-2 more fighters
4. Lather/Rinse/Repeat until they figure out it wont work & they then drop the division.

hate to be a pessimist, but this is how i think it'll go.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   1/9/13 3:23:38PM   

KNIGHT

MMA Regular

KNIGHT Avatar

Career:1,888-1,049
Chips:
they won't make a wmma bout until after the rousey fight. If rousey loses I doubt they put on another one for a long time. If she wins they will try to build fights for Rousey if the interest holds up.

Last edited 1/10/13 1:20AM server time by knight
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   1/9/13 3:29:03PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive and skilled fight.

Post #4   1/9/13 3:56:21PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive, skilled fight, with a little nip slip.

Fixed

Post #5   1/9/13 4:02:29PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
Sadly I agree, investment shows dedication to building the division...this is an experiment.

Post #6   1/10/13 1:16:11AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive and skilled fight.

Post #7   1/10/13 10:00:53AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive, skilled fight, with a little nip slip.

Fixed

they need to sign and put a rematch between Sarah Mcleod and Olesha Karringten

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   1/10/13 4:54:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
what are the contracts like with Invicta? Are they allowed to fight elsewhere during their contract or not? A lot of good fighters are signed there which may be preventing the UFC from signing them

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   1/10/13 4:56:33PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Chips:
If carmouche does win. I wonder if that will be the end of that or immediate rematch. Experiment yes.
I do think more live exposure like a couple fox cards is the way to go.

Post #10   1/10/13 6:32:47PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:985-525
Chips:
I'm curious to see if Ronda Rousey brings back the BOOTY SHORTS!

Post #11   1/11/13 11:23:59AM