Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With cast announced, 'The Ultimate Fighter 17' could prove volatile

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
More than two dozen middleweight fighters have been selected for the upcoming 17th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," and one of them is apparently capable of reducing his opponents to nervous breakdowns.

Ultimate Fighting Championship officials revealed to USA TODAY Sports the 28 fighters who will compete on the latest edition of the promotion's long-running reality series, which debuts Jan. 22 (FX, 8 p.m. ET).

Now fight fans will inevitably try to determine which fighter UFC President Dana White recently said struck fear in the hearts of his opponents during filming of the tournament-based competition.

"The whole house is terrified of this guy. Everybody," White said. "I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I'm telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend.

"This guy scared the living s--- out of everyone. It's awesome."

Full Story

Post #1   1/9/13 9:41:13AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
a scary Julian Lane?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   1/9/13 10:02:11AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighter 17 might spontaneously evaporate?

Post #3   1/9/13 10:48:00AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
they need a big season. i will pretty much watch any MMA show/event no matter how stupid or boring it is, but TUF 16 was painful to watch. i thought the talent was seriously lacking, and the coaches were a joke.

i dont expect much from jones, but as always, i expect great things to come from mr. sonnen. and according to DW, it sounds like there are some savages at the MW div. this season.

Post #4   1/9/13 12:36:18PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I will say having it on tues does help. I'll watch it every tues for sure

Post #5   1/9/13 1:43:19PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I stopped watching last season for obvious reasons but I'll give this season a go when it starts.

Post #6   1/9/13 3:46:02PM   

Tyzzler

MMA Regular

Tyzzler Avatar

Career:291-233
Chips:
I watch every episode of anything MMA like others have said, but last season's TUF was unbearable. Every episode felt like a chick flick I was forced to watch because of a girl. My proverbial "girlfriend" of MMA forced me to sit through it, but the whole time I couldn't wait until it was over. I really have high hopes for this season with the coaches and talent. I agree that the "scary fighter" is more than likely Tor Troeng after watching his fights & highlights, and I have no doubt that he will be a solid force to be reckoned with. However, I think these DW quotes that keep getting thrown around in every single TUF 17 article, about "everyone being terrified of this guy," is very little more than typical DW hype. The reason being, something I noticed in the first previews of the show that I haven't seen anyone mention. At one point it shows a quick interview sequence where one of the fighters says:

"I'm terrified, we're all terrified!"

So I doubt every single fighter in the house is sh*ttin their pants over this guy, seems like that quote was said right after a sick KO & DW jumped on the opportunity to milk it for all it's worth. No one can call BS on Dana like usual b/c the phrase was said, verbatum, that the'yre "all terrfied"

Post #7   1/9/13 7:28:22PM