Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Pierson vs. Rick Story added to UFC 158 in Montreal

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The quickly filling UFC 158 fight card has a new welterweight addition: Sean Pierson (13-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) vs. Rick Story (14-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC).

Officials today announced the bout.

UFC 158 takes place March 16 at Montreal's Bell Centre. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

It's not clear where Pierson vs. Story will be placed on the lineup.

The latest UFC 158 card includes:
Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - for welterweight title
Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
Sean Pierson vs. Rick Story
Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi
Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
Johnny Eduardo vs. Yves Jabouin

LINK

Post #1   1/8/13 3:21:08PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,298-740
Chips:
Nice fight, Story needs a win and Pierson has looked decent lately. Still think Story will take this by being the more well rounded fighter.

Post #2   1/8/13 3:30:56PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Nice fight, Story needs a win and Pierson has looked decent lately. Still think Story will take this by being the more well rounded fighter.

I agree. Story has to be the the favourite in this one. I think he wins a 30-27 decision.

This card is awesome though. Tons of great fights. Every fight they've announced so far has me excited.

Post #3   1/8/13 3:37:08PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,660-1,466
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Story will dictate the pace of this fight with his wrestling on route to a decision victory. I can see Story getting a finish potentially but, I'm going decision in this one.

Last edited 1/8/13 3:46PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/8/13 3:42:02PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
WW landscape could change drastically after this.

I love the 'weight class' cards like the HW one a while back....closest thing to a GP we'll ever see.

Post #5   1/8/13 4:35:54PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,296-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
They should just go ahead and do a all
Welterweight main card

Add Eric Silva vs Pyle

Post #6   1/8/13 5:39:40PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think story takes this one. he's desperate now to keep his spot in the ufc. this is a great card. all i can think of is "what happens if ellenberger beats hendricks?". i think it's possible, ellenberger has great wrestling and is smart enough to know to stay away from big exchanges with hendricks. i know hendricks beat kampman who beat ellenberger, but at this level, anything can happen because these guys are crazy talented.

Post #7   1/8/13 8:13:06PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think story takes this one. he's desperate now to keep his spot in the ufc. this is a great card. all i can think of is "what happens if ellenberger beats hendricks?". i think it's possible, ellenberger has great wrestling and is smart enough to know to stay away from big exchanges with hendricks. i know hendricks beat kampman who beat ellenberger, but at this level, anything can happen because these guys are crazy talented.

I've been thinking the same thing. If Ellenberger wins, the WW division will be in a weird situation. I wish they would have made Diaz have another fight first and given Hendricks the shot. It just makes more sense imo. If Hendricks knocks Ellenberger out though he'll have one of the best resumes in the ufc and there will be no reason not to give him a shot. GSP vs. Hendricks is the fight I want to see. I hope it happens that way.

Post #8   1/8/13 8:23:07PM   

MoparJR253

Learning to Sprawl

Career:112-66
Chips:
I dont get why anyone would be high on Pierson. Who has he beat impressively? His first fight got him enough hype against the rock em sock em Riddle, then he gets match up against Ellenburger as a slight underdog and he gets his jaw rearranged. Story came out of the gate great. He was a guy that would just grit his teeth and throw bombs. To this day his fight with Brian Foster is one of my favorite fights. They blasted each other quite a few times and he ended up getting a BEASTLY arm triangle from inside Fosters guard. Even putting a stamp on Johnny Hendrix in a somewhat dull fight but showed that Johnny could be controlled against the fence. They came the Kampmann fight and Hendricks got beat up for three rounds. Dont know if Martin beat the excitement out of him because his been cautious and almost fragile in the octagon. Crazy. Anyways im gonna say Story by (hopefully exciting) DEC

All i know is that Jordan Mein is the most exciting prospect right now.

Post #9   1/8/13 9:15:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
This card is awesome though. Tons of great fights. Every fight they've announced so far has me excited.

this fight might be my least favourite so far, but I am still very interested in watching it. I wish I had money to go

Last edited 1/8/13 11:49PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   1/8/13 11:49:09PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,323-856
Chips:
Pierson never catches a break

Post #11   1/9/13 12:51:38AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

this fight might be my least favourite so far, but I am still very interested in watching it. I wish I had money to go

Same here. Montreal is a bitch of a drive though and I'm guessing those ticket prices are going to be high as well.

I hope they come to Toronto again in the Summer. I can probably afford it then.

Last edited 1/9/13 12:59AM server time by budgellism

Post #12   1/9/13 12:59:02AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:625-338
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Pierson never catches a break

true, he's always up against tough guys. I think story will be too strong for him, but i do give the striking advantage to pierson, but again, story can probably take him down and beat him up from the top or just keep him against the cage

Post #13   1/9/13 2:28:34AM