Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gegard Mousasi says he would drop to 185 if offered Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Hilarious comment. Mousasi stands no chance. I mean were talking about the same guy who went to a decision with Jardine. The guy is a bum.

Post #16   1/8/13 5:12:08PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
At least we know he could make the cut.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #17   1/8/13 6:30:36PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
The people on the Mousasi bandwagon are still clinging to the old Pride era bias against UFC.

To say that Mousasi is somehow clearly better than Sonnen, Okami, Hendo, Franklin, Forrest, etc is just crazy. There's just no evidence of that.

If he came into the UFC as a MW he would have to pay his dues big time. Win at least 3 fights if not more to get a shot at Anderson. No way he deserves any fast track to the title.

Post #18   1/8/13 6:50:35PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think some of you guys are severely underestimating how good Mousasi actually is.

Post #19   1/8/13 7:19:19PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Hilarious comment. Mousasi stands no chance. I mean were talking about the same guy who went to a decision with Jardine. The guy is a bum.

Wow. You're not even close. Not even in the same fuckin galaxy. As another member said earlier, Gegard is 32-3-2 in his career with finishes over Jacare (upkick but still), Babalu, Hunt, Manhoef, Kang and Sokoudjou. Far from a "bum."
Also, anybody who watched that fight with Jardine knows that Mousasi won that fight by absolutely beating the shit out of him. As for fighting AS, sure, he would be the underdog but so would nearly every one of the 7 billion people on planet earth right now.

Post #20   1/8/13 10:33:08PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,539-904
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm still a huge Mousasi fan but he needs to beat a good wrestler before he earns a shot, I think of him as a poor mans Anderson, still would like to see him fight Vitor like they were supposed to in the past.

Post #21   1/8/13 10:42:04PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

uhhh so what? Is Chuck Liddell a bum for losing to Jardine?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   1/8/13 11:52:19PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I think some of you guys are severely underestimating how good Mousasi actually is.

This x1000

Mousasi is no joke and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he came to the UFC and became a top 3 in which ever weight class he chose

Post #23   1/9/13 5:12:15AM   

MoparJR253

Learning to Sprawl

Career:112-66
Chips:
He needs to be at 185 anyways. Hes always looked a little flabby and said that " he wasnt really training before" if thats true and he is actually training now by pro mma fighting standards he should continue to lean out. If i were to guess he only cuts 10-15 pounds to make 205. Hes has tons of potential and id love to see him matched up with Costa once he transitions to the UFC. That would be a great technical standup fight. And a slow build to really show where Gegard is... i think Costa is a tough fight for anyone right now.

Post #24   1/9/13 12:22:02PM   

MoparJR253

Learning to Sprawl

Career:112-66
Chips:
All i know is that the top of 205 division for the most part are beastly wrestlers. If Keith Jardine can take you down with that much ease... the top guys wont have a problem. Id pick Gegard to lose to Evans, Davis, Bader, Hendo, Machida, Gustafson, Bones pretty handily. Top guys at 185 have more strikers than wrestlers besides Yushin..

Post #25   1/9/13 12:27:05PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Dude. First of all, don't call anyone a bum, especially when you are sitting miles away anonymously, secondly, he's done far more than you, probably in many different fields. Whereas you type insults from your mothers basement. Thirdly, did you do any more research than looking at his wiki page?

Kingsmasher is gone , we don't need anyone trying to fill his place.

Post #26   1/9/13 3:19:55PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Gegard is much better suited at 185 imo. He's a solid fighter with submission skills and good stand-up. Im interested for the simole fact that its a new face in the Middleweight division

Post #27   1/9/13 4:01:24PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
In all seriousness, I'm in no way underestimating how good Mousasi is. He hits hard and smooth, he's got a legit submission game, and despite his appearance he's got crazy grip including a mean guillotine.

I do think he's good enough for a UFC shot, but the problem's that his gameplans tend to be rudimentary, leaving a huge hole in his main weakness - wrestling. I think Evans, Davis, Machida, and Gustafsson would run respective trains on him, and hell, I'd give Bader even odds to boot.

185s a little different both due to the size difference and the lower number of skilled wrestlers there, but I think he still gets taken by a healthy Ronny Markes.

In other words, I'd want to see significant strides in his gameplanning and wrestling before offering him a shot against Anderson right away. It's possible, right, I was actually surprised to see he's only 27, but he might also be in that mold of BJJ strikers who put too much confidence in their submissions.

Post #28   1/9/13 9:37:05PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2