Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013 NHL Season thread

Print  
  Page 9 of 11   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11  
Posted By Message

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:779-547
Camp: TKO
Chips:
if only hockey was more popular nationally. The Hawks are having one of the most historic starts in any sport and are hardly getting any recognition for it.

Post #121   2/25/13 1:48:45PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Pens on a 13 game winning streak, Crosby is above and beyond anyone at being the best in the wooooooooooooorld!!!!!!

The Shero lands Morrow and a tank called Douglas Murray.

But damn today i wake up to Iginla telling Boston to get fucked and goes the Penguins.

Oh and the FLOLYERS suck balls...

Post #122   3/28/13 8:42:01AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Pens on a 13 game winning streak, Crosby is above and beyond anyone at being the best in the wooooooooooooorld!!!!!!

The Shero lands Morrow and a tank called Douglas Murray.

But damn today i wake up to Iginla telling Boston to get fucked and goes the Penguins.

Oh and the FLOLYERS suck balls...

Douglas Murray is terrible, he's slow as molasses, and a defensive liability.

Adding Iginla was a great move though, especially for how little it cost relative to the Morrow and Murray trades.

The Pens better win this year though because its pretty impossible to keep this team together going forward. They have a lot of people to re-sign over the next 2 years and not a lot of cap space to do it with.

They also don't have any picks until the 4th round of one of the deeper drafts in NHL history.

Post #123   3/28/13 1:07:49PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
Murray looks good so far, they were a missing a net front presence on the Dside....he's a solid fit.

Post #124   3/28/13 7:37:49PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
there has to be some sort of collusion going on, there is no way Shero can fleece 3 teams in the span of a week. Joe Nieuwendyk should be fired for twice getting ripped off by the Pens (one bust Dman and another in due time, as both were "highly touted"). Jay Feaster made Scott Howson look like a genius..the Iginla trade should have been vetoed by the league it was so terrible. Douglas Murray for 2 late draft picks might be the "most fair" of the 3, but San Jose could have gotten much more from anybody else.

Good on Pittsburgh for addressing their defensive deficiencies and landing 3 solid players, but this is a joke. It's Cup win or bust after these moves. They can lose in game 7 like the Canucks did, but the season will be a complete and utter failure after these moves (much like the Heat in the NBA).

Last edited 3/28/13 8:08PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #125   3/28/13 8:08:10PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

there has to be some sort of collusion going on, there is no way Shero can fleece 3 teams in the span of a week. Joe Nieuwendyk should be fired for twice getting ripped off by the Pens (one bust Dman and another in due time, as both were "highly touted"). Jay Feaster made Scott Howson look like a genius..the Iginla trade should have been vetoed by the league it was so terrible. Douglas Murray for 2 late draft picks might be the "most fair" of the 3, but San Jose could have gotten much more from anybody else.

Good on Pittsburgh for addressing their defensive deficiencies and landing 3 solid players, but this is a joke. It's Cup win or bust after these moves. They can lose in game 7 like the Canucks did, but the season will be a complete and utter failure after these moves (much like the Heat in the NBA).

The only one of those trades that was a win for Pittsburgh was the Iginla deal, although collectively all 3 makes them a clear favorite for the cup.

Joe Morrow for Brenden Morrow is a big win for Dallas although the draft picks swapped evens it out somewhat. Its especially a good deal for Dallas considering Brenden is a pure rental that will almost definitely be let go at the end of the season. Joe Morrow was Pittsburgh's 3rd highest ranked prospect behind Pouliot and Despres.

Murray for 2, 2nds is a homerun for the Sharks. Murray was a healthy scratch for half the games this year and is generally hated by Sharks fans for his boneheaded defensive plays and his poor skating. Like Morrow he's also a rental for Pittsburgh and its highly unlikely they even attempt to re-sign him.

The Iginla trade was a coup for Shero though. It was helped by Iginla nixing a better deal to Boston, but that isn't Shero's fault. Getting a winger like Iginla for middle of the road prospects and a draft pick is a pretty big win for the Pens.

They have a great shot this year, but after this season things get really dicey for Shero trying to keep his team together. There are going to be some good players hitting the open market from them no matter how they proceed.

Post #126   3/28/13 9:00:53PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

The only one of those trades that was a win for Pittsburgh was the Iginla deal, although collectively all 3 makes them a clear favorite for the cup.

Joe Morrow for Brenden Morrow is a big win for Dallas although the draft picks swapped evens it out somewhat. Its especially a good deal for Dallas considering Brenden is a pure rental that will almost definitely be let go at the end of the season. Joe Morrow was Pittsburgh's 3rd highest ranked prospect behind Pouliot and Despres.

Murray for 2, 2nds is a homerun for the Sharks. Murray was a healthy scratch for half the games this year and is generally hated by Sharks fans for his boneheaded defensive plays and his poor skating. Like Morrow he's also a rental for Pittsburgh and its highly unlikely they even attempt to re-sign him.

The Iginla trade was a coup for Shero though. It was helped by Iginla nixing a better deal to Boston, but that isn't Shero's fault. Getting a winger like Iginla for middle of the road prospects and a draft pick is a pretty big win for the Pens.

They have a great shot this year, but after this season things get really dicey for Shero trying to keep his team together. There are going to be some good players hitting the open market from them no matter how they proceed.

Cooke,Dupuis, and Adams are their only UFA's, Kennedy is a RFA after this season plus those rentals you mentioned. The biggest this offseason is locking up Geno and Letang.With the three rentals they still have 11.5 million in cap space.Dupuis will come at a fair price because he loves it here,same with Adams, Cooke i like but hard to tell, TK can get traded for a bag of pucks and i'd be happy.

After the 13-14 season is when shit get's a little crazy...I still don't think shero is done,I think a roster player may get moved for picks in return.but with the no limit rosters after the deadline we'll see.

Iginla, basically took the ball in his trade and put Feaster in a tough spot,While he didn't get world beaters in return it's better than nothing..and a conditional first helps.

Post #127   3/29/13 8:11:02AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
boston got robbed in this ignla deal and its a damn shame he aint what he used to be but right now we just need something to get us going again we better make a big move

Post #128   3/29/13 9:42:01AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king

boston got robbed in this ignla deal and its a damn shame he aint what he used to be but right now we just need something to get us going again we better make a big move

Even with age he's still a 30 goal guy, scored 50 once and never played with a world class center like Crosby or Malkin. I think him seeing the Pens go after guys like Murray and Morrow with what they have, made him see that they're serious about winning this season.Shero went all in and if they do choke then it's a huge disappointment. I don't really compare it to the Heat though, The heat didn't rent their team at the deadline, So even after choking the first year they had a full season to get their shit together and win a chamionship and probably another this year.

Post #129   3/29/13 10:32:23AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,598-1,421
Chips:
Id be surprised if the Pens dont take it this year, and very surprised if they dont atleast take the conference final now.

Posted by ChrisSabal

if only hockey was more popular nationally. The Hawks are having one of the most historic starts in any sport and are hardly getting any recognition for it.

They were on the cover of sport illustrated not too long ago, as "the team that saved hockey" FYI

Lupul's end to end

Post #130   3/30/13 2:52:12PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I know I'm a bit late but I'm glad the real Pens showed up the other night (both to Buffalo and NYR). No Crosby doesn't mean they should allow 6 goals, 3 on the PP to the worst PP in the league and one of the worst scoring teams (ie the Rangers) I don't care what happens tonight, but the same defensively inept team that showed up last year's playoffs and a good chunk of this season hasn't changed.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #131   4/5/13 9:47:37AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
speaking of which, Crosbaby breaking his jaw made my weekend

from tradedeadline:
I was surprised to see Gaborik go right now. I figured they would dump him in the offseason but we got some of the depth and grit back we gave away in the Nash deal and losing Prust. Getting Clowe probably sparked this move. He's been very off this year but a change in scenery is what he needed (ie 3 points in his debut). He's not the sniper Gaborik is but he fits Tortz's system much better.

Boston picking up Jagr and Redden are good moves, especially after getting shafted by Iginla. Pending on the way Rask plays in the playoffs, I think Boston is the team of the East.

Sabres did well in trying to rebuild. I wonder if Miller will get traded this offseason and they give the reins to Enroth. I hope Tampa picks him up, they need a goalie. Bishop is not the answer, but is a solid backup.

back on Pitts, Jokinen for a 7th rounder is another steal.

I hate that Dallas is not in a better market to keep these players. They are generally on the cusp of the playoffs and need 1 big piece to be a playoff contender. They have a goalie who plays well most of the time and some good young talent. I hope these moves work out because I'd like to see them in the playoffs again.

Post #132   4/5/13 10:08:07AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
C'mon Bubs you're better than that.To enjoy seeing someone hurt.

No Paul Martin and no Kris Letang really hurts the D and not to mention the best in the world Crosby on the offensive...Crosby has been accounted for 47% of the Pens goals this season.It's not even a close 2nd to where the next best is....Stamkos IMO....the Pens won 15 in a row while the Rags play for the chances of getting a playoff spot...So i find it hilarious you post the score..

2013 when the Pens are fully healthy-Before Iginla,Murray,Jokinen and Morrow

6-3 Pens
3-0-Pens
3-0 Pens

And the shit show from the other night...So blow your load on beating a team that went 15/0 in March that's missing 3 of their top 5/7 players.

Last edited 4/5/13 4:25PM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #133   4/5/13 4:25:10PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

speaking of which, Crosbaby breaking his jaw made my weekend

That's messed up, special breed that 'gets off' on seeing someone lose several teeth and have their jaw broken eating a deflected clapper.

Especially when it's the best hockey player in the world who just battled concussion symptoms for the better part of a year.

Post #134   4/5/13 4:35:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
we are all fans of MMA. We enjoy watching guys hurting each other. It's a broken jaw from a point shot, not a Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres blow to the head. I'm sure you guys have fighters you want to see get KTFO, this isn't much different. If this was a cheap shot that took him out, that's not something I will cheer for. Just because it happened to "the best player in the world" doesn't mean I have to mourn over it. Were you guys all upset when Hunt broke Struve's jaw?

back to the game, New York was without Staal and Gaborik so both teams were missing key pieces. I posted the score because a) New York can barely score 3 goals b) New York had like a 10% PP going into the game c) Pittsburgh's D and goaltending was brutal yet again. Yes they won 15 in a row (albeit some lucky breaks along the way), yes they have playoff security, but even with those missing players mentioned on both sides, Pittsburgh is still the better and deeper team and should not allow 6 goals to the Rangers.

Instead of getting a bunch of wingers at the deadline, Shero should have went after Miller or Luongo. I have no faith in Fleury to be able to bail out his team when they play like crap.

Last edited 4/5/13 5:39PM server time by bubbles

Post #135   4/5/13 5:38:43PM   

Page 9 of 11   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11