Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013 NHL Season thread

Print  
  Page 8 of 11   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So if the Sabres beat the Pens this afternoon, they might be able to ride this momentum swing into a nice little streak, after the nice come from behind against Boston on Fri. night.

Thankfully Miller is standing on his head right now, or else this team would be in serious trouble.

Post #106   2/17/13 11:51:33AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

So if the Sabres beat the Pens this afternoon, they might be able to ride this momentum swing into a nice little streak, after the nice come from behind against Boston on Fri. night.

Thankfully Miller is standing on his head right now, or else this team would be in serious trouble.

Man both Goalies were amazing..Nice to see Crosby and Neal just smile and laugh at the Miller save..it was a beauty.

Seems like a lot Pens fans there today ??

Another 3 point day for the best player in the NHL

Pens first place at the moment.

Post #107   2/17/13 3:25:52PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
\

Last edited 2/17/13 3:40PM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #108   2/17/13 3:39:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Pascal Dupuis?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #109   2/17/13 9:31:42PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by iwannabesedated

Pascal Dupuis?

No, lol but he does have 5 goals in his last 7 games, Amazing that he's bascially a 3rd liner on 90% of NHL teams, But can produce like a top 6 when on a line with 87.Like i said before Crosby makes players better, Malkin is better when he is surrounded by talented guys...Last year he hadKunitz and Neal for the most part with Sid hurt, This year he doesn't have a second winger like Kunitz and his even strength game and numbers aren't spectacular.

Post #110   2/18/13 8:15:11AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:
has anyone heard of the Chicago Blackhawks? They are pretty good.

Post #111   2/18/13 6:16:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

They are certainly the class of the NHL this season by far but from a Wings fan whose seen it happen to his team many times, sometimes winning this much this early can be a curse.

You end up clinching the presidents trophy early and as a result players have a tendency to play out the last of the season without the same level of effort they used to be so dominant in the first place.

Then the playoffs come around and you're matched up with a team that just slipped into the playoffs by playing their best hockey for the last month of the season. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, the #1 seed has all the pressure and it often leads to upsets.

Post #112   2/18/13 7:32:04PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by ChrisSabal

They are certainly the class of the NHL this season by far but from a Wings fan whose seen it happen to his team many times, sometimes winning this much this early can be a curse.

You end up clinching the presidents trophy early and as a result players have a tendency to play out the last of the season without the same level of effort they used to be so dominant in the first place.

Then the playoffs come around and you're matched up with a team that just slipped into the playoffs by playing their best hockey for the last month of the season. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, the #1 seed has all the pressure and it often leads to upsets.

I agree but this being a short season, Who knows.But as you said said a team gets hot late and possibly riding a hot goalie could go a long ways.

Post #113   2/18/13 8:30:32PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I'm like a week behind so here's a quick breakdown of my thoughts this week:

- I don't know why the Rangers are having a tough time holding leads lately. This was not a problem last year.

- Matt Cooke deserved to be suspended a few games. Having his skate up that high is completely careless and reckless, there is no reason for it to be that high. I don't think it was intentional, although it is Matt Cooke we are talking about, but it was a dirty play that easily could have been avoided.

- the refs are to blame for this too as the play should have been whistled dead when the puck hit the netting.

- speaking of bad reffing, how the hell was Duchene not called for being offside? The NHL already reviews questionable goals, why wasn't this looked at? They need to expand instant replay and allow for a coach's challenge.

- LOL at Shittsburgh getting pushed around and allowing Philly to score at will. A 6 minute powerplay, 4 of which was a 5 on 3, and only 1 goal scored? Cindy was no where to be found that night, and his only point was a 2nd assist (like most of his assists are) in which Malkin actually set up the PP goal. He was also a -3

- I cannot understand how the Leafs continue to win. Is James Van Riemsdyk MVP? This is virtually the same roster as last year's joke, and they played like shit under Carslile in the final month and a half.

- Lindy Ruff has finally been fired. Much like Andy Reid his time was up and the team needed a change. He'll find work very soon.

- Why didn't Boudreau coach this way in his final couple years in Washington?

- I still can't get over seeing Montreal at the top of the East, nor Chicago undefeated in regulation.

- Jimmy Howard is exactly what "experts" said he was a few years ago: an average goalie on a good team. He's been below average this year and Detroit is on the outside looking in. If we could revote for previous season Hart Trophy winners, Lindstrom should have a few to his name

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #114   2/22/13 10:37:58PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

- Jimmy Howard is exactly what "experts" said he was a few years ago: an average goalie on a good team. He's been below average this year and Detroit is on the outside looking in. If we could revote for previous season Hart Trophy winners, Lindstrom should have a few to his name

Howard hasn't been very good this year, but he did steal a game vs LA and hasn't had much help defensively at all.

Also who is this Lindstrom person you speak of?

Post #115   2/22/13 10:42:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
extra n, my bad

Post #116   2/22/13 11:26:19PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

- Lindy Ruff has finally been fired. Much like Andy Reid his time was up and the team needed a change. He'll find work very soon.

yea but Lindy would kick Andy Reids ass

Post #117   2/23/13 11:24:45AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
well Malkin has concussion...Now i guess you'll see the BEST player in the NHL do his thang.

Hate on Bubs.

Considering he leads the league in points, well tied at 25 and the leader in assists..

1st or 2ndary a point is a point ho ho homeboy.

I don't think you watch a lot of Pens games,, He def gets a lot of Primaries.

Shittsburgh i LOL at,, It's been voted most liveable city in the US multiple times...so its not really shitty.

Last edited 2/23/13 6:08PM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #118   2/23/13 6:05:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I don't hate the city, just its sports teams

Post #119   2/23/13 9:09:13PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
No Malkin and a 3 point game for Sid now sits atop the nhl scoring leaders.

Post #120   2/25/13 8:21:47AM   

Page 8 of 11   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11