Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013 NHL Season thread

Print  
  Page 7 of 11   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>
Posted By Message

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Pens second in the east.

Crosby and Malkin not too far behind in the points race.

What a weekend for Kunitz...4 goals in the caps game, NHL gave him credit for the 1st goal yesterday that originally went to Martin.

Bortuzzo and Despres been looking great, Be interesting to see what happens when Niskanen comes back As both are waiver eligible...Maybe trade a D prospect for a Crosby winger as Boychuk looks good with Geno and Neal.

Post #91   2/4/13 8:57:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Rangers trade Michael Rupp to the Wild for a 4th liner and some AHL guy. I'm not sure how this helps the Rangers though

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #92   2/4/13 9:19:38PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Rangers trade Michael Rupp to the Wild for a 4th liner and some AHL guy. I'm not sure how this helps the Rangers though

JT Miller, A Pittsburgh area native they called up...

Good Luck to him.

Post #93   2/5/13 8:15:33AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Mike Rupp sucks ass anyway, I hated him when he was a devil and i hate him now. i mean the guy isnt even a good fighter, what does he do to justify his existence except skate around like an idiot, punch goalies, and lose fights while piling up the pms

Last edited 2/5/13 11:26AM server time by Boo_Radley21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #94   2/5/13 11:26:26AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
tonight is the night of blown 3rd period leads:

My Rangers blew a 3-0 lead, allowed 2 goals in the final 2 minutes to send it to OT. Thankfully they won in the shootout and improve to 4-1 in February

Montreal also blew a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period only to win in a shootout. Tampa has lost 5 straight (0-4-1) after a sizzling start.

Florida was up 5-3 in the 3rd before losing in OT to Washington. Hopefully this sparks something in Washington...it's not normal for them to be at the bottom of the standings without Pittsburgh there with them

speaking of which, the Pens lost back to back 3-1 games to New Jersey

edit: Chicago also blew a 3rd period lead, but it was only a 2-1 lead...and then lost in shootout

Last edited 2/12/13 11:28PM server time by bubbles
2 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #95   2/12/13 10:59:14PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

tonight is the night of blown 3rd period leads:

My Rangers blew a 3-0 lead, allowed 2 goals in the final 2 minutes to send it to OT. Thankfully they won in the shootout and improve to 4-1 in February

Montreal also blew a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period only to win in a shootout. Tampa has lost 5 straight (0-4-1) after a sizzling start.

Florida was up 5-3 in the 3rd before losing in OT to Washington. Hopefully this sparks something in Washington...it's not normal for them to be at the bottom of the standings without Pittsburgh there with them

speaking of which, the Pens lost back to back 3-1 games to New Jersey

edit: Chicago also blew a 3rd period lead, but it was only a 2-1 lead...and then lost in shootout

I know, too bad the Pens can't play the Rangers every game.

You consider Malkin better than Crosby but yet the majority of Malkin and Neals Points have come on the PP.Having a hard time finding a guy till fill the 3rd spot on that line.

I'm wondering what they'll do when Letang and Niskanen come back. Despres has looked great and so has Bortuzzo, Bortuzzo has to clear waivers so i'm fairly certain he'll be a scratch because he won't make waivers, Possibly the same with Dylan Reese.Or if things don't get better maybe they make a play for Iginla,Even though 7M and the asking price for him is steep..but him and Sid at the olympics looked fucking great together.

Post #96   2/13/13 8:11:01AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

You consider Malkin better than Crosby but yet the majority of Malkin and Neals Points have come on the PP.Having a hard time finding a guy till fill the 3rd spot on that line.

I'm wondering what they'll do when Letang and Niskanen come back. Despres has looked great and so has Bortuzzo, Bortuzzo has to clear waivers so i'm fairly certain he'll be a scratch because he won't make waivers, Possibly the same with Dylan Reese.Or if things don't get better maybe they make a play for Iginla,Even though 7M and the asking price for him is steep..but him and Sid at the olympics looked fucking great together.

meh you won the early battles of a patchwork of a season...but at least we can beat the Laughs (er Leafs)

generally speaking, effective PP = wins. Somehow the Rangers are winning with a PP of 10% though

Iginla made Sid look good in 2010. Sid was a ghost on the ice from the first game vs the US up until the "golden goal"...which btw was all because of Iggy doing the dirty work while Sid cherry picked in front of the net

Post #97   2/13/13 8:40:09AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

meh you won the early battles of a patchwork of a season...but at least we can beat the Laughs (er Leafs)

generally speaking, effective PP = wins. Somehow the Rangers are winning with a PP of 10% though

Iginla made Sid look good in 2010. Sid was a ghost on the ice from the first game vs the US up until the "golden goal"...which btw was all because of Iggy doing the dirty work while Sid cherry picked in front of the net

We'll see come playoff time and who wins the scoring title.NJD always tough to come back on if they get up by 2 you're fucked.They've always been great at shutting down the neutral zone and trapping...Boring but effective.

I do believe the Pens are like 8-2 in their last 10 at MSG against the Rags..So much for the patchwork.

Last edited 2/13/13 9:23AM server time by iwannabesedated
2 total post edits

Post #98   2/13/13 9:18:18AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
scoring title doesn't mean a whole lot...look at the Lightning last year. Crosby has shown many times over the years he has trouble producing when the games really matter (Olympics elimination games, playoff games after round 1). Malkin shows up and is the only reason why Pitts has a Cup since Mario.

Yeah the Devils are good at holding leads, they are a very disciplined team. I think last year was more of a fluke based on matchups and rest period...they won't escape the 2nd round this year.

I didnt realize it was that bad lol I think Pittsburgh thinks MSG is a home game...no other way to explain that but it is the regular season. Come playoff time it would be much different and could be a great series if they ever match up

Post #99   2/13/13 10:24:47AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,598-1,421
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

So how does it feel to be behind ottawa, toronto, and montreal in the standings?

You mad?

Post #100   2/13/13 11:25:45AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Bubbles

So how does it feel to be behind ottawa, toronto, and montreal in the standings?

You mad?

nope. We had to play Pittsburgh twice and Boston 3x in 12 games. Ottawa is still a good team riding a super hot goalie. Toronto has played a soft schedule. Both teams have also played 1 more game so it means nothing. Winning 6 of 7 kind of helps your place in standings (ie Montreal).

This season sounds a bit like Toronto's season last 2 years: start hot for ~15 games, play .500 for a couple months, then absolutely tank. Pro rate it to hit a stupid 48 game sched and we will see where Toronto lies at the end of March

Last edited 2/13/13 12:34PM server time by bubbles

Post #101   2/13/13 12:33:27PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:
Nice wins for the Pens last night, Matt Cooke becomes the first winger to get a point on the Neal,Malkin line. Cookie is my favorite Penguin.Lot of flack on the Karlsson injury but as you can see Cooke had his head and eyes on the puck i don't think it was intentional, Giving Cooke's past rep though a lot are saying it was on purpose. Either way it's another huge blow to Ottawa.

Post #102   2/14/13 8:10:41AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
cooke is a dirty dude idk man either way that must not be a easy injury

nothing against you but i kinda hope matt cooke gets a beating everynight

Post #103   2/14/13 10:40:51AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king

No fines or suspensions so it's ruled an accident.

Cooke cleaned up his game a good bit starting last season.Chris Neil went all goon on him last night.Even Anderson from Ottawa tweeted it looked like an accident.

I wont defend all of his actions...But i truly see last night as a mishap.

Pens recalled top AHL guy Beau Mother fucking Bennett, Smaller dude and has been somewhat injury prone...But we'll see how it goes.

Post #104   2/14/13 2:05:03PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by the-king

No fines or suspensions so it's ruled an accident.

Cooke cleaned up his game a good bit starting last season.Chris Neil went all goon on him last night.Even Anderson from Ottawa tweeted it looked like an accident.

I wont defend all of his actions...But i truly see last night as a mishap.

Pens recalled top AHL guy Beau Mother fucking Bennett, Smaller dude and has been somewhat injury prone...But we'll see how it goes.

ya i havent seen as much from him but ill never be able to respect him neil can handle his buisness so im not suprised

my bruins are still playing well they didnt play a complete game the other night but hey salvage a point when ya can i guess

Post #105   2/14/13 2:24:39PM   

Page 7 of 11   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>