Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

NHL, union have tentative agreement

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,936-1,124
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by iwannabesedated
Why ? Because it's less games and therefore the players may not be as fatigued as they normally would be ?,That'd be the only reason i can see.Every team will be playing the same amount games against their divisions and conference play.Other than it being less physically demanding i see no reason to judge otherwise.

Players will be more fatigued playing in this condensed schedule and thus more prone to get injured with 4 games a week. More likely for a crappy team to go on a little hot streak and make the playoffs.

58% of a season playing half the league in a heavily unbalanced schedule is not a true season. The Jets for instance will have a much more favourable schedule than your Penguins due to playing in the weakest division. At least the NBA last year played 66 games (80%) of the season and got to play every team at least once.

I can agree on the schedule,But even in a full season there seems to be where a 3 seed will end up with less points than lower seed based upon winning a division,While it may be harder for team in tougher division get in a season like this one..i think it will be interesting.But i still won't count this as a wash and discredit whoever wins the cup this year due to the dispute.It's 48/50 games for each team.................Unless Philly wins...Then i'm all for an * or Washington lol

Post #16   1/7/13 3:24:23PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2