Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

NHL, union have tentative agreement

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,028-1,684
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
NEW YORK -- A tentative agreement has been reached between the NHL and the players' association.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr stood side by side in the early hours of Sunday morning to announce there was a framework in place for a new collective bargaining agreement.

Although the deal still requires language clarification, legal fine-tuning and ratification from both sides, a verbal agreement has been reached on the major points.

"We still have a lot of work to do," Bettman said, "but it's good to be at this point."

Story

Post #1   1/6/13 3:09:04PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
As happy as this makes me.....im worried these 2 groups of morons will blow it one way or another

Post #2   1/6/13 4:05:49PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:938-531
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!!

As soon as this is 100% done deal, they should start working on the next, like now!!

Post #3   1/6/13 4:14:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!!

As soon as this is 100% done deal, they should start working on the next, like now!!

and the first thing they need to do is fire the leprechaun

I'm sort of happy to hear this but I honestly don't really care much about this season. I might only be a casual fan this year after being a super die hard fan.

And I drunkingly made a $20 bet on new years that there would be no NHL season this year

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   1/6/13 4:58:29PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the NHL can kiss my hairy asshole !

Post #5   1/6/13 5:35:44PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
Ill for one will not watching, I wish people would get organized and boycott, sure we might not see immediate impact but I bet if those arenas were empty a few weeks they wont pull this shit again

And before everyone jumps on bettman and the NHL, this is just as much, even more so Imo, the unions fault,

Post #6   1/6/13 6:21:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by king_katool

Ill for one will not watching, I wish people would get organized and boycott, sure we might not see immediate impact but I bet if those arenas were empty a few weeks they wont pull this shit again

And before everyone jumps on bettman and the NHL, this is just as much, even more so Imo, the unions fault,

fans in certain cities were boycotting the NHL the last 5 years

this LOCKOUT (not strike) is on the owners and Bettman. The players have been moving closer towards a deal with every proposal and making concessions while the NHL made 1 or 2 minor changes within theirs and tried to lowball the players

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   1/6/13 8:08:57PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
This half season bs is awful in my opinion. Should of just started fresh next year. I'm not a happy camper

Post #8   1/6/13 11:57:34PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,003-1,175
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm excited some hockey is better than none.These things happen in sports..The NBA last year got off to a late start and the NFL got it done in time to not miss anything significant...10 year CBA with an 8th year opt-out is nice.

For this bitching and not going to watch....That's fine I'll be purchasing tickets and tuning in to not only my local Pittsburgh games but every game i can.Because i love the sport.

Just can't wait to see how many will bitch and say put an * by who wins the cup this year due to short season..LOL well every team will be playing the same amount of games and with it being a shorter season..I think it'll be extra exciting.

Last edited 1/7/13 8:16AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   1/7/13 8:14:43AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

I'm excited some hockey is better than none.These things happen in sports..The NBA last year got off to a late start and the NFL got it done in time to not miss anything significant...10 year CBA with an 8th year opt-out is nice.

For this bitching and not going to watch....That's fine I'll be purchasing tickets and tuning in to not only my local Pittsburgh games but every game i can.Because i love the sport.

Just can't wait to see how many will bitch and say put an * by who wins the cup this year due to short season..LOL well every team will be playing the same amount of games and with it being a shorter season..I think it'll be extra exciting.

If your trying to tell me that a short season wont affect the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I think your sadly mistaken and I also love the sport of hockey I simply think a half season is a stipid idea

Post #10   1/7/13 10:08:20AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

Its not like there isnt other hockey, good hockey too.

Ive been watching hockey, will continue to watch hockey. I just wont be watching any NHL this year.

I wish my Red Wings luck, hope this short season doesnt cost them their playoff streak.

Post #11   1/7/13 10:57:56AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sparky

If your trying to tell me that a short season wont affect the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I think your sadly mistaken and I also love the sport of hockey I simply think a half season is a stipid idea

Why ? Because it's less games and therefore the players may not be as fatigued as they normally would be ?,That'd be the only reason i can see.Every team will be playing the same amount games against their divisions and conference play.Other than it being less physically demanding i see no reason to judge otherwise.

Also, I find it ironic you spelled stupid wrong.

Last edited 1/7/13 11:00AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #12   1/7/13 10:58:49AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by king_katool

Its not like there isnt other hockey, good hockey too.

Ive been watching hockey, will continue to watch hockey. I just wont be watching any NHL this year.

I wish my Red Wings luck, hope this short season doesnt cost them their playoff streak.

Cool for you,

Post #13   1/7/13 11:00:50AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,393-1,324
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
My friend at work just bought a 60" TV and was dying to watch some hockey.

I'm a casual fan, so it's all good to me if they play a shortened season. I hope it does translate into less fatigued players who are happy to be out there.

Post #14   1/7/13 12:54:46PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Why ? Because it's less games and therefore the players may not be as fatigued as they normally would be ?,That'd be the only reason i can see.Every team will be playing the same amount games against their divisions and conference play.Other than it being less physically demanding i see no reason to judge otherwise.

Players will be more fatigued playing in this condensed schedule and thus more prone to get injured with 4 games a week. More likely for a crappy team to go on a little hot streak and make the playoffs.

58% of a season playing half the league in a heavily unbalanced schedule is not a true season. The Jets for instance will have a much more favourable schedule than your Penguins due to playing in the weakest division. At least the NBA last year played 66 games (80%) of the season and got to play every team at least once.

Post #15   1/7/13 3:13:46PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2