Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Choose your own crime stats

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
-For anyone who LOVES to watch the news and thinks America is too violent and unsafe, watch this.

-For anyone who HATES watching the news because you think that they twist everything, watch this.

-For anyone, ANYONE who has ANY type of opinion on Gun Control (for or against) watch this.

It will be worth your time.

Link

Post #1   1/4/13 3:18:31PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:738-530
Camp: TKO
Chips:
the guy hits it right on the head. I couldn't stand all those Facebook/Twitter posts comparing USA to other countries and them not taking population into account.

Post #2   1/4/13 3:35:49PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Good stuff

Post #3   1/4/13 4:23:55PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:
The definition of violent crime is different between the two he chooses to view.

The Home Office defines violent crime as robbery, sexual offences, and a group of Violence Against the Person offences ranging from assault without injury, through wounding, to homicide. These are counted to the crime statistics even if the victim doesn't press charges and the police discover it.

According to the FBI: violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.... (if the charges are dropped the statistic isn't added

So the guy's lists are really full of BS

Assualt without injury vs aggrivated assualt

for the record Aggrivated assualt is usually accompanied by the use of a weapon or by other means likely to produce death or great bodily harm.

So what your really comparing is a selective list of violent crimes vs an open list of ranging crimes. Taking that information and saying look at how much less violent crimes we have even though our murder rate is higher....

Last edited 1/4/13 4:29PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #4   1/4/13 4:28:36PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
this is a really interesting video. i think there is a lot more information to be dissected here, but that would have to in a much longer video. i subscribed to this guys youtube channel just to see what else he comes up with.

Post #5   1/4/13 4:48:37PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
West Linn, Oregon - - A place where homegrown Gangsters/Criminals are bred everyday like a Jon Jones baby out of wedlock by a different white chick

Post #6   1/4/13 5:31:41PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:986-613
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Very interesting video and props to you for bringing here

Post #7   1/4/13 5:39:08PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:
I couldn't watch the video, the guy pissed me off, whiny little shit.

Gun control- hitting where you're aiming at

Post #8   1/4/13 7:55:34PM