Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Less than 5,000 tickets sold for upcoming UFC 157 pay-per-view headlined by Ronda Rousey

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I strongly disagree with the notion of putting a title fight (women's or not) on the first couple PPV slots. Machida vs Hendo should have been the headliner with Rousey vs Carmouche as the co-main.

This.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #31   1/3/13 10:31:59PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You all have brought out some very good points....so many that I have not given any props for this thread as there are just so many great posts. From the casual vs hard core fan point, to Hendo vs Machida being the main, to the need to build the division, to how mismatched the bout is, and especially the historical value. Simply said this was a mistake by the UFC brass and despite how you personally feel about WMMA this isn't the fault of Rousey or Carmouche.

Post #32   1/4/13 12:34:25AM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
If the UFC wants to sell more tickets for this event, then they simply need to switch the main event and the co-main event. My reasoning is time. Rousey has finished every single opponent she's had, both pro and am, in the 1st round. So why are we giving her 5 rounds? However, since this is a title fight it'll automatically be 5 rounds, so let's make Hendo/Machida a 5 rounder as well. An FX card main event would have been my choice for the first WMMA in UFC history, but I don't call the shots. I'll definitely try to watch, but no way am I paying for card

Post #33   1/4/13 2:20:55AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
im not the 1st to say it, but this is my opinion:

Rousey's first fight shouldve been on FX or FOX if they wanted it to be a headliner. i have no problem w/ it being on a ppv, but i do have a problem w/ them trying to make me think it deserves ME status over HENDO vs MACHIDA. not Browne vs Silva or Ellenberger vs Hendricks.... HENDO vs MACHIDA!!!!
you cant expect your hardcore fan or average fan to think this fight is bigger than either of them fighting, much less fighting each other.

also, the injury bug has to affect ticket sales too. you really dont know who is going to be on the card you buy tickets for if you order them 3 months in advance.

Post #34   1/4/13 5:12:49AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:
I have to wonder whether these numbers are even out of the ordinary for the UFC.

If it wasn't the first UFC card headlined by a WMMA fight would any journalist make a story out of ticket sales about 2 months ahead of the fight? 5000 tickets could be the norm this far out and none of us would know any different. Its not like they would promote an event before the 4 taking place before it.

If this card does that poorly I don't think the outcome would be the entirely fault of WMMA or Rousey either, it will also be because Henderson, Machida and Faber's drawing power have reduced. Whether they are headlining the card or not shouldn't affect whether people pay to see them.

Post #35   1/4/13 11:41:46AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3