Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Champ Jon Jones Makes Top 20 List in ESPN 2012 'Cross-Sport' Power Rankings

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Following a dominant year of title defenses and star-making headline news, Jon Jones has been rated as one of the year's Top 20 athletes across all sports.

That list, compiled by ESPN, places the UFC light heavyweight king at No. 18 overall, ahead of more famous stars like Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings.

However, Jones is a long way from the peak of the list, which is topped by LeBron James of the Miami Heat, one of the highest-paid and most prolific athletes in the world...

Full Story

Post #1   12/27/12 8:42:10AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
It's cool to see them start to recognize MMA. Hard to argue LeBron and Messi as one and two, though I'd flip them.

Post #2   12/27/12 9:43:59AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by gartface

It's cool to see them start to recognize MMA. Hard to argue LeBron and Messi as one and two, though I'd flip them.

But I still hate Jones.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   12/27/12 10:46:08AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,746-1,009
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
If my memory serves me JJ said he's not the best athlete... I thought he said he couldn't dunk but I think that was JJ still being an arrogant dick. Implying he won his fights from his vast mma knowledge and not his athleticism.

Post #4   12/27/12 11:18:55AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Agreed.

Having Cabrera #8 and Trout not on the list is pretty funny seeing as a ton of people and media outlets thought Trout should win the MVP.

imo Kobe shouldn't be on that list. I'd also argue the college athletes shouldn't be on the list either. They included a Nascar driver but not the F1 winner (Sebastian Vettel), and no Peyton Manning/RG3/Luck. Christine Sinclair scored more goals than any other female soccer player in 2012, but she's Canadian and ESPN won't let a Canadian in their ranks

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   12/27/12 1:21:28PM   

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,579-969
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by gartface

Agreed.

Having Cabrera #8 and Trout not on the list is pretty funny seeing as a ton of people and media outlets thought Trout should win the MVP.

imo Kobe shouldn't be on that list. I'd also argue the college athletes shouldn't be on the list either. They included a Nascar driver but not the F1 winner (Sebastian Vettel), and no Peyton Manning/RG3/Luck. Christine Sinclair scored more goals than any other female soccer player in 2012, but she's Canadian and ESPN won't let a Canadian in their ranks

No GSP? If Jones is on the list GSP should be on the list. Love him or hate him for his safe fighting, I don't think there is anyone who can deny GSP is insanely athletic. It could be because of what you mentioned. Hating on Canadians

Post #6   12/27/12 6:13:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
GSP fought once this year. If he defended his title 2-3x then I would have beef with him being excluded

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   12/27/12 6:30:37PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:685-392
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Too bad it wasnt the biggest douchers in sports...he wouldve got a higher ranking...i guess it is good that mma i starting to get some mainstream ink

Post #8   12/27/12 6:46:27PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

GSP fought once this year. If he defended his title 2-3x then I would have beef with him being excluded

true but if they ranking the best athletes in perspective sports then GSP has to be there, dude is a freak in gym, but if it is based on what they did my top 5 would be lebron, messi, phelps, bolt and (no clue on the fifth).. i think you could put those guys in any order and it would be fine

Post #9   12/27/12 10:13:04PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bubbles

true but if they ranking the best athletes in perspective sports then GSP has to be there, dude is a freak in gym, but if it is based on what they did my top 5 would be lebron, messi, phelps, bolt and (no clue on the fifth).. i think you could put those guys in any order and it would be fine

as much as I hate the guy, shouldn't Anderson Silva then be considered too?

Post #10   12/27/12 11:53:46PM