Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Joe Lauzon vs. Nick Gullo grappling match

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Made because White's friend -- Nick "The Tooth" Gullo -- apparently was a bit overanxious in talking about grappling, White asked Lauzon to grapple with Gullo prior to UFC on Fox 5 with some cash on the line. Every time Lauzon would submit Gullo, he'd earn $1000 to $2500 for every time Gullo could submit Lauzon.

Link

Post #1   12/25/12 2:41:58PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
that was awesome. those attempted throws by the tooth were pitiful. hell of a payday for joe

Post #2   12/25/12 3:40:49PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Rogan is like "hes a FUCKING professional fighter"

Post #3   12/25/12 5:20:52PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

It amazes me, the people who have probably been athletes most of their lives, are jacked, popular, good looking, or any combination of the above, which results in them not being respectful of the skill level of professional fighters, because they think they have dabbled, so their prowess will allow them to hold their own. It's laughable.

Post #4   12/25/12 8:08:03PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Shawn91111

It amazes me, the people who have probably been athletes most of their lives, are jacked, popular, good looking, or any combination of the above, which results in them not being respectful of the skill level of professional fighters, because they think they have dabbled, so their prowess will allow them to hold their own. It's laughable.

...and then there are the keyboard warriors who constantly call for fighters to "hang them up" or "quit ducking ______".

The thing I hate most about MMA = the people that watch it.

Post #5   12/26/12 2:55:00PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,038-575
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by warglory

Posted by Shawn91111

...and then there are the keyboard warriors who constantly call for fighters to "hang them up" or "quit ducking ______".

Non-professional MMA practitioners who seriously think they have a "chance" against professionals (especially professionals that have made it into the UFC) are comedians.

Post #6   12/26/12 8:40:04PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:625-338
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by emfleek

Posted by warglory

Posted by Shawn91111

Non-professional MMA practitioners who seriously think they have a "chance" against professionals (especially professionals that have made it into the UFC) are comedians.

i give myself a good chance against blake bowman.

Post #7   12/27/12 4:49:36AM