Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sokoudjou interview

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

fedor will get his revenge soon enough

Revenge for?...

Post #31   6/3/07 12:57:33PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by aznteabagger

Posted by cmill21

Well that and in an interview he stated when asked which organization do you prefer UFC or pride? he replied "I'm a UFC fighter and thats the organizeation i'm in". How does that not say something about his feelings about pride? He also stated when asked "why did you walk into PRIDE's theme?" "There are personal reasons for that."

im still not convinced of anything

who cares what you're convinced of. CroCop has stated numerous times he likes PRIDE better. He prefers a ring etc. Maybe if you would do some research people on here wouldn't have to educate you. PRIDE has way better talent and put on way better cards. I don't care about management.

As for Lindland he needs to stop crying, last time I checked Fedor has subbed superior wrestlers (Coleman) from the bottom so he would've lost no matter what. Everybody grabs the cage/ring ropes, watch a Chuck Liddell fight.

The nuthuggers were hiding for a while, but they are coming out of the woodwork since Liddell's loss. I agree that it's a bold statement to say that Sokoudjou could beat Fedor. It would be a bold statement to say about anyone, not to mention someone who is still somewhat of a mystery in the MMA game. I'm not sure where anyone can draw that conclusion.

It's clear that you prefer one orginization to the other, but it's ignorant to actually try to argue the fact. There are great fighters in both orgs...and the production portion is merely preference.

I don't understand your logic regarding Coleman. What does Lindland's submission game have to do with Coleman? Coleman is a fighter who never progressed past the GnP of yesteryear...while Lindland improves his all around game everyday. Your logic makes every person of a particular discipline on the same skill level. According to your logic: Tim Sylvia beat Andre Arlovski, who is a Sambo practitioner, so it follows that Tim Sylvia can beat Fedor. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Post #32   6/3/07 1:53:31PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
First of all, how can you argue the difference between talent regarding PRIDE's roster vs UFCs?? Obviously you're the nuthugger who is totally oblivious to what talent is. PRIDE has far superior talent and far superior cards, that's not an opinion it's a fact.

As for the Lindland-Coleman comment, you make it sound like Lindland (again nuthugging) is a skilled submission guy. Last time I checked he was subbed by Bustamante even though he denied it, (great sportsmanship), and his submission game isn't on the same stratosphere as Fedor's. As for your weak comparison regarding more UFC fighters (surprise), last time I checked Fedor has far superior striking, sambo and submissions to Arlovski, and would easily dismantle Sylvia. Mark Coleman is a far superior wrestler to Lindland and couldn't do anything on top other then get subbed, so to argue that Lindland would somehow avoid that is pure ignorance, which your post is full of.

Finally as for Chuck, I never came out of any woodwork Chuck would barely crack the top 5 in PRIDE's divison, I could see him losing to Shogun, Hendo, Arona, Lil' Nog, Soko, Silva etc. I always thought he was overrated, a flash ko of Randleman, a lackluster performance over Belfort, and ko wins over Couture, Ortiz and other people who couldn't hurt him with strikes hardly solidifies Chuck as an all time great or even one of the best currently, but anybody who isn't blind would know that. Then again you said UFC and PRIDE are comparable talent-wise so clearly you're the blind nuthugger with no grasp on what talent is. Have fun enjoying more UFC PPVs featuring TUF rejects who wouldn't even be towel boys in PRIDE. You're dismissed.

Post #33   6/3/07 2:27:02PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Chips:

Posted by Primo

First of all, how can you argue the difference between talent regarding PRIDE's roster vs UFCs?? Obviously you're the nuthugger who is totally oblivious to what talent is. PRIDE has far superior talent and far superior cards, that's not an opinion it's a fact.

As for the Lindland-Coleman comment, you make it sound like Lindland (again nuthugging) is a skilled submission guy. Last time I checked he was subbed by Bustamante even though he denied it, (great sportsmanship), and his submission game isn't on the same stratosphere as Fedor's. As for your weak comparison regarding more UFC fighters (surprise), last time I checked Fedor has far superior striking, sambo and submissions to Arlovski, and would easily dismantle Sylvia. Mark Coleman is a far superior wrestler to Lindland and couldn't do anything on top other then get subbed, so to argue that Lindland would somehow avoid that is pure ignorance, which your post is full of.

Finally as for Chuck, I never came out of any woodwork Chuck would barely crack the top 5 in PRIDE's divison, I could see him losing to Shogun, Hendo, Arona, Lil' Nog, Soko, Silva etc. I always thought he was overrated, a flash ko of Randleman, a lackluster performance over Belfort, and ko wins over Couture, Ortiz and other people who couldn't hurt him with strikes hardly solidifies Chuck as an all time great or even one of the best currently, but anybody who isn't blind would know that. Then again you said UFC and PRIDE are comparable talent-wise so clearly you're the blind nuthugger with no grasp on what talent is. Have fun enjoying more UFC PPVs featuring TUF rejects who wouldn't even be towel boys in PRIDE. You're dismissed.

Poor guy, you're gonna be pretty sad when you realize that there will never be PRIDE again. At least not the one you remember. Any fighter worth anything is going to be fighting in UFC within a year and a half. It's not the way I wanted it either, but that's the way it is. And btw, I hate to say it but you come off a little sherdogish. I have been guilty of the same thing when I first started posting here. FYI... flaming doesn't get you far here, and "you're dismissed" will not make you any friends.

Post #34   6/3/07 2:54:52PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I'm pretty sure he's refering to the pride of old, with wandy, mirko, fedor, big nog, lil nog, shogun, hendo, rampage, i'd go on and on and on but I think you get the point, Pride did have far superior fighters.

Post #35   6/3/07 3:08:10PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:

Poor guy, you're gonna be pretty sad when you realize that there will never be PRIDE again. At least not the one you remember. Any fighter worth anything is going to be fighting in UFC within a year and a half. It's not the way I wanted it either, but that's the way it is. And btw, I hate to say it but you come off a little sherdogish. I have been guilty of the same thing when I first started posting here. FYI... flaming doesn't get you far here, and "you're dismissed" will not make you any friends.

well when somebody attacks me and calls me a nuthugger i don't really care if i become his friend lol. as for you "any fighter worth anything will be in UFC" what does that have to do with the fact that during PRIDE's 10 year run they had far superior fighters and far superior cards?? Everybody taking over UFC now is a PRIDE reject, including A. Silva and Rampage, two guys who couldn't even win the belt in PRIDE come in and demolish the UFC poster boys for their divisions. After CroCop knocks out AA, he will beat GG in a rematch or Randy, not to mention what Nog or Fedor will do. Shogun will run the 205, the lightweights will take over 155 and 170, and even though they are now fighting in UFC they were all PRIDE guys. Thanks for proving my point.

Post #36   6/3/07 3:28:41PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I'm pretty sure he's refering to the pride of old, with wandy, mirko, fedor, big nog, lil nog, shogun, hendo, rampage, i'd go on and on and on but I think you get the point, Pride did have far superior fighters.

thank you.

Post #37   6/3/07 3:30:04PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Is the Mirko arlovski fight official yet?

Post #38   6/3/07 3:56:14PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

Posted by Primo

well when somebody attacks me and calls me a nuthugger i don't really care if i become his friend lol. as for you "any fighter worth anything will be in UFC" what does that have to do with the fact that during PRIDE's 10 year run they had far superior fighters and far superior cards?? Everybody taking over UFC now is a PRIDE reject, including A. Silva and Rampage, two guys who couldn't even win the belt in PRIDE come in and demolish the UFC poster boys for their divisions. After CroCop knocks out AA, he will beat GG in a rematch or Randy, not to mention what Nog or Fedor will do. Shogun will run the 205, the lightweights will take over 155 and 170, and even though they are now fighting in UFC they were all PRIDE guys. Thanks for proving my point.

Your a complete idiot dude just stfu. You are dismissed!

Post #39   6/3/07 4:02:12PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Every month, there is another person that storms the forums with the holier than thou attitude...and every month, Webster updates the definition of asshat. I'm not sure where you have been posting previously (I think the Sherdog assumption is probably accurate)...but, no matter how loud you yell or how hard you beat your chest, it doesn't make for a good argument. I'd like to think that this is one of the few MMA sites where intelligent debate actually occurs...and that is most often the case, but once in a while, there is someone who thinks their sh*t don't stink.

Do I think Lindland is skilled in submission? I think he can hold his own. Do I think he could compete with Fedor in that realm? Of coarse not...never made that claim. If you stopped dragging your knuckles for a few moments, you would of realized that I had an issue with your faulty logic. You claimed that Fedor could submit any wrestler, because he had already submitted Coleman. The point is 1) Coleman's submission game sucks at best 2) what the hell does that have to do with any other wrestler out there. Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how Coleman's wrestling is far superior to Lindland...Lindland is a silver medalist. That doesn't leave much room for improvement. Not to mention, Lindland trained Greco, which makes for a different style matchup...especially in MMA.

I stated that both orgs have great fighters, but yet you call me the nuthugger. Both orgs have had their ups and downs.There are a number of guys in Pride that started their career in the UFC, but jumped ship when the UFC went through some hard legal times...and now the situation is reversed. I don't understand how you justify that is being better. Each has there ups and downs. I will be the first to admit that the UFC HW division was weak compared to Pride's until recently...but that is not the only division in MMA. You are also quick to note Rampage's win over Liddell or Silva's victory over Franklin. That doesn't make you a nuthugger, but what does is your very selective memory. You don't seem to give merit to Gonzaga's win over Cro-Cop or Diaz's defeat of Gomi...yet all four of those matches were blowouts. Sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens...it's not always an open/shut case.

I have no doubt that we will be treated with more of your 'Pride Rules' and 'UFC Sucks' propaganda...so, here is to the Phil Baroni of the month.

Post #40   6/3/07 4:35:11PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Your not suggesting GG is a better fighter then Mirko are you? If so then i'll have to disagree. As for Pride guys getting there start in the UFC, that's true, some did. The only way to really tell who has the better fighters has already past, since the UFC now controlls all of the fighters, had they had there "dream fights" last year then you could have seen who was better, because you would have had to have fights in both cage and ring since one or the other is a disadvantage to one or the other. I do believe that Pride had better fighters, and I would like to see the UFC change from the cage to a ring to give the fighters more space to demonstrate their skill set(won't happen in 100,000,000 years).

Last edited 6/3/07 4:48PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #41   6/3/07 4:45:25PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Trying to make the point now that PRIDE is better than UFC is like trying to say that the ABA is better than the NBA. It's a mute point. In fact none of this crap has anything to do with the Topic and needs to be deleted, including my entries.

Post #42   6/3/07 4:45:32PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3