Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Kennedy: Are you guys fighters, or are you just a bunch of little vaginas?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Stephie Daniels: You recently tweeted your irritation about the mass exodus of fighters from this card. What's your take on the whole situation? Do you think the injuries are real?

Tim Kennedy: Well, I don't know. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. It's pathetic and convenient for every single marquee fighter in all of Strikeforce, that we all know to be going over to the UFC, are pulling out of their fights, two weeks before the final card. It's like, are you guys fighters, or are you just a bunch of little vaginas?

LINK

Post #1   12/22/12 8:22:42AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
This guy is just no good at talking shit. I've had a distaste for him ever since he said Lawler wouldn't stand and strike with him after their fight. I respect him as a vet, but would love to see him sleeping in the middle of the cage.

Post #2   12/22/12 8:45:51AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Can't really fault the guy. He's talking sense, but I can see why people are pulling out of fights. I like Kennedy he's grown on me recently and this interview just confirms why I like him. He doesn't pull any punches, he'll commit to something and see it through and he'll call bullshit when he sees it.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   12/22/12 8:52:48AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,474-877
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I think I know what it means to call someone a dick. And I also believe I know what it means to call someone a pussy.

But I do not understand what Tim means by implying that some people may be "vaginas". That's weird to me. It would be like implying someone is a penis. wtf

Post #4   12/22/12 8:57:58AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,112-1,310
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

This guy is just no good at talking shit. I've had a distaste for him ever since he said Lawler wouldn't stand and strike with him after their fight. I respect him as a vet, but would love to see him sleeping in the middle of the cage.

He is speaking his mind and telling it how it is. If anything he is speaking for the fans. Did you even read the article?

Last edited 12/22/12 10:36AM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   12/22/12 10:34:04AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,445-841
Chips:
I don't like Kennedy, Brian Stann I do like and believe him as a genuine guy, but Kennedy just rubs me the wrong way.

Post #6   12/22/12 11:20:58AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

He is speaking his mind and telling it how it is. If anything he is speaking for the fans. Did you even read the article?

Did YOU? Kennedy is speaking for himself, not the fans. He's also bringing up shit about Rhonda and how it's sexist she gets to fight for the title right away by making a very poor comparison between her and other SF champs, while failing to mention that Diaz has been granted 2 title shots in the UFC. Also, P_S did not mention anything in the article, he flatly stated his opinion of Kennedy and what Kennedy says, while listing an example of why he felt that way. I agree with everything P_S said, Kennedy has a tendency to run his mouth in a bs sort of way. It also doesn't help his credibility when he considers his injuries real and other fighter's "convenient". Curran must have really done a number on you.

Post #7   12/22/12 11:59:20AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 36-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,481-954
Chips:
Wow can't believe Kennedy went a full article without mentioning he is in the army. I hope they bring him over to the UFC & feed him to some young beasts.
Fuck this guy!

Post #8   12/22/12 12:04:45PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,112-1,310
Chips:

Did YOU? Kennedy is speaking for himself, not the fans. He's also bringing up shit about Rhonda and how it's sexist she gets to fight for the title right away by making a very poor comparison between her and other SF champs, while failing to mention that Diaz has been granted 2 title shots in the UFC. Also, P_S did not mention anything in the article, he flatly stated his opinion of Kennedy and what Kennedy says, while listing an example of why he felt that way. I agree with everything P_S said, Kennedy has a tendency to run his mouth in a bs sort of way. It also doesn't help his credibility when he considers his injuries real and other fighter's "convenient". Curran must have really done a number on you.

Ill agree on the injury comment with you, but he is right to a certain degree.....look at the card and injuries that have come up since Zuffa took over.

So you dont find it fd up that fighters are not fighting for an organization that were good to them? On top of that, in which they had a contract to still honor.

Nice to also see a fighter willing to fight every 2-3 months.

Last edited 12/22/12 12:17PM server time by joewarren33

Post #9   12/22/12 12:15:17PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Ill agree on the injury comment with you, but he is right to a certain degree.....look at the card and injuries that have come up since Zuffa took over.

So you dont find it fd up that fighters are not fighting for an organization that were good to them? On top of that, in which they had a contract to still honor.

Nice to also see a fighter willing to fight every 2-3 months.

I see your point on that aspect of the topic and can't say I really disagree. I'm not really in a place where I can say how bad those injuries were or weren't but Kennedy made a blanket statement about all of them and then had to back track to legitimize his own injury (which was terrible no doubt). He just strikes me as the type who always throws blame in a different direction, such as his post fight comments about Lawler. What would his take be if he had to pull out for a legit injury? I bet he would change his tune a tad.

However, not that this is a defense but perhaps an explanation, if these fighters are aware that they will be going to greener pastures, why would they risk the chance of being arbitrarily cut before even getting to the UFC by fighting on a card that has barely been promoted? Considering how poorly the UFC honors their own contracts, I can't say it surprises me that the fighters may fall short of doing the same.

Post #10   12/22/12 12:53:15PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This whole "everyone is faking" schtick is old, no matter the source. These guys all get referred to Zuffa doctors for insurance purposes. If you say your leg is broken or your rotator cuff is torn, whatever it is, they will know if it is legit or not.

The only thing I think a fighter could "fake" to get out of a fight would be illness and vomiting, much like how Varner-Guillard got put on hold. Not at all saying Varner faked ill, but I think that's about the only way one could get out of or postpone a fight without potentially violating their contract.

Post #11   12/22/12 1:00:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Never been a Kennedy fan

Post #12   12/22/12 2:21:14PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

For the record, I did read the article. I don't understand how my post insinuated I didn't? He was talking shit about a number of different things and I said he's no good at talking shit.

I've said before that I think he's trying to take on a Chael Sonnen type persona, so I really don't think he's serious about SOME of the shit he says, he'll just say it for the entertainment factor. Problem is, I don't think he's any good at it.

Last edited 12/22/12 2:58PM server time by Playground_Samurai

Post #13   12/22/12 2:52:43PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,917-1,161
Chips:
The world according to Tim Kenendy (form the linked article):

1) Cormier is NOT a marquee fighter for Strikeforce, because "every single marquee fighter in ALL of Strikeforce...are pulling out of their fights"

2) Americans in Wal-mart or a movie theater are only safe when Tim and his brother are armed and around. Tim alone can protect an entire school all by himself.

3) Gilbert Melendez is a scared vagina!

4) Strikeforce was very loyal to their fighters...

5) Ronda only got the belt because she's a woman.

5) Cyborg and Rousey are wimps. Because Vaginas equate to wimpiness according to Tim.

6) Marquardt and Rockhold aren't getting automatic title-shots but Ronda is, so the UFC is sexist.

My respones are,

1) As Strikeforce HW champ, Cormier is undeniably a marquee fighter.

2) I don't want to start a gun control debarte, but I strongly disagree with Tim on this one. Tim seems to think he's some kind of superhero.

3) Gil has always gone after and called out the top fighters at LW. He has never ducked anyone and the thought of Gilbert being scared of Pat Healy is beyond ridicuolous to me.

4) Is that why they sold to Zuffa? Did Gilbert get the royal treatment from Zuffa... I seem to recall him getting fights against people who have no ability to improve his ranking with wins over them. Zuffa era Strikeforce screwed Gil over and he owes them nothing!!! Coker-era Strikeforce lost any favors they were owed by the fighters when they sold to Zuffa. Rockhold and a few others owe Strikeforce, but Strikeforce also owes them, and hasn't been living up to their expectations lately. It goes both ways.

4) Nick Diaz almost quit mma, because Strikeforce sold to Zuffa. Nick said the fighters were told they were being paid less so Strikeforce could be profitable and compete with the UFC. So how many Strikeforce fighters sacrificed portions of their paycheques because morally they agreed with the struggle against Zuffa, only to have Strikeforce turn around and sell all these fighters to Zuffa. Strikeforce was loyal to Tim because his nationalism brought in fans. Tim may owe Strikeforce but Gil and many other fighters don't. And Strikeforce obviously benefited from Tim also.

5) Is Aldo a woman? Sexism has nothing to do with it. Sexism is what makes Tim think it's wrong. No one complained when Aldo get his belt. Why did Aldo get the belt without a fight? Oh yeah because it' s a new division that the UFC didn't have before. Tim's the one being sexist. He calls fighters vaginas and pussies, lol. Anyone who speaks that way has little respect for women. And he has the nerve to act all high and mighty and call out all these other fighters that he's knows little about. Unless Tim is a psychic doctor then he has no reason to smack talk injured fighters.

6) Who should Ronda fight? The situations are obviously different. And there is no depth at 125lbs either, but few if any complained about the flw division being added to the UFC. I didn't hear him complaining then.

Post #14   12/22/12 3:20:56PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:618-359
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I like him...Kennedy brings it for every one of his fights...not sure why he thinks this entails him to go off on all the other fighters tho...

Post #15   12/22/12 6:15:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2