Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Constantinos Philippou - Tim Boetsch

Print  
Philippou - Boetsch
Philippou 12 67%
Boetsch 6 33%
Posted By Message

Badabiiing

Learning to Sprawl

Badabiiing Avatar

Career:47-40
Chips:
Who you got in this one and why ?

I got Tim winning this one by a first round TKO or in the later rounds i think he will finish Philippou. I belive it¨s going to be a standup war which Tim will be almost dominating. I think Philippou may try to take Tim down but will not succed.

I am having a hard time deciding weather i am gonna bet on Tim or Belcher. I belive both are going to win but the question is which is a more "safe" bet. Anyone have an input on that ?

I think it¨s pretty crazy Tim is the underdog in this fight.

Post #1   12/22/12 5:44:29AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,549-1,359
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Phillipou can out strike Boetch with his eyes closed. Tim's footwork is a lot to be desired and all he really brings to the table is his jabs and power. Phillipou has an arsenal of standing strikes that will overwhelm and maybe stop Tim.

Post #2   12/22/12 6:23:11AM   

Badabiiing

Learning to Sprawl

Badabiiing Avatar

Career:47-40
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Phillipou can out strike Boetch with his eyes closed. Tim's footwork is a lot to be desired and all he really brings to the table is his jabs and power. Phillipou has an arsenal of standing strikes that will overwhelm and maybe stop Tim.

It¨s easy to shine when you fight mediocre opponents. Tim has fought alot thougher guys and come out on top. He also have a strong shin and a powerful punch. The fact that he was able to stop Okami says alot.

Just because he was fighting smart and careful against Lombard dont mean he is not dangerous standing. Ya i agree that Philippouis fighting more technical but that dont mean he is more succesful or a better standup fighter.

Post #3   12/22/12 7:12:21AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Chips:

Posted by Badabiiing

Posted by hotrodttt

It¨s easy to shine when you fight mediocre opponents. Tim has fought alot thougher guys and come out on top. He also have a strong shin and a powerful punch. The fact that he was able to stop Okami says alot.

Just because he was fighting smart and careful against Lombard dont mean he is not dangerous standing. Ya i agree that Philippouis fighting more technical but that dont mean he is more succesful or a better standup fighter.

The Okami/Boetsch fight was re aired last night, so I had the chance to watch it again. Tim's striking was better than what I remembered, but his defense left a lot to be desired. Costa is definitely the better technical striker, and they both carry heavy hands. I see the fight playing out in two possible ways. First, it stays standing, and the two slug it out. Second, Tim tries to grapple with Costa, tiring him out, by leaning on him against the cage and dirty boxing. Not sure which its gonna be, but I'm hoping for the stand up war.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   12/22/12 10:15:51AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
While it is a close fight Philippou is better technically at fighting Boesch's game and just as dangerous. I don't really see Boetsch winning this fight unless Philipou gasses from trying to finish Boetsch.

Post #5   12/22/12 11:25:40AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i got constant by SD/UD. i think this will be a pretty close fight, but i see constant winning the striking battle.

Post #6   12/22/12 8:19:04PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Phillippou via KO

Post #7   12/22/12 10:18:04PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:640-344
Chips:
i like costa's stand up compared to boetsch..the one thing im worried about is boetsch's strong will. He's come back before when the chips were down.

Costa wins by picking boetsch apart and using his good tdd...if it makes it to the 3rd watch out for boetsch

Post #8   12/24/12 4:55:00PM