Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Video emerges of UFC Lightweight Rustam Khabilov flipping the bird, throwing ice on a McDonald's customer

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:685-392
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Post #16   12/18/12 5:59:25PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
bitch needs to learn some manners

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   12/18/12 6:55:52PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know he built Bloody Elbow up, but he's ruined it also

I know him, he's a good dude. Used to make picks here before he started writing for them. Unfortunately bloody elbow strikes me as borderline tabloid at times. It's like the TMZ of fight journalism.

Good lord, perfect example of what I'm talking about -
Link

You ruined my brain with that. GD Cut and Paste dot com.

Post #18   12/18/12 8:06:20PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:771-424
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
stephanie tanner says - ''how rude !''

Post #19   12/18/12 8:23:53PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
If she was indeed making fun of him beforehand then she got what she deserved. He made her accountable for her actions. Maybe it taught her to not make fun of people anymore. This is petty though. If she makes fun of the wrong person she might get more than ice thrown on her. I cold be wrong but I do believe that throwing ice on someone would be considered 2nd degree aggravated harassment. I found it quite funny actually. It was nothing more than some harmless "street justice" in my eyes.

Post #20   12/18/12 11:52:46PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Chips:

Posted by NE-1
. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

He didn't initiate physical contact with her. He threw a drink on her.

Not a big deal.

Post #21   12/19/12 12:22:12AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1
. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

Not a big deal.

If something touches, you be it a person, or something thrown or manipulated by a person, that is by definition physical contact. And in case you disagree look it up, it's also considered so by law.

Post #22   12/19/12 1:05:09AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

If that's the way it worked, you'd see a lot more of people tossing acid on each other.

Post #23   12/19/12 1:25:17AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

Just cause I can't sleep. ...

"There are many behaviors and actions that can be classified as a battery, but any battery must involve physical contact with another person's body, clothes or even an "attachment" to their body such as an object in their hand. The physical contact can be done with a part of the defendant's own body (like a fist) or with an object controlled by the defendant. In all cases, the contact must be made on purpose."

Misdemeanor Battery (Simple Battery - Penal Code § 242)The prosecution must prove the following facts to convict a defendant of misdemeanor battery:Intent – the defendant intended to make physical contact with the victim Physical Contact – the defendant made actual physical contact with the victim, the victim's clothes, or something attached to the victim such as something in the victim's handViolent, Painful or Offensive Contact – in addition to violent or painful contact, non-violent contact that is nonetheless offensive to the victim can be charged as batteryNo Consent - the victim did not somehow agree to the physical contact

You're right though, misdemeanor battery on a woman, so not a big deal.

Last edited 12/19/12 1:43AM server time by ne-1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   12/19/12 1:37:20AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

So you'd be cool with someone throwing a drink over you? "oh hey thats alright man, I'll get another drink for you"

Last edited 12/19/12 1:57AM server time by infestructure

Post #25   12/19/12 1:54:53AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,746-1,009
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Fucking Jackson fighters... I wouldn't be surprised if he greased himself with the fries before he hurled his drink.

Post #26   12/19/12 8:54:57AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Some 13 year chick threw soda on me in line for a roller coaster. It was annoying but I survived and didn't feel the need to press charges for assault or whatever definition you can assign to it, regardless of what the law says. If my gf was being a total bitch to someone and they dumped soda on her I would probably say she deserved it...my couch is comfy enough.

Post #27   12/19/12 12:03:13PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NE-1

"There are many behaviors and actions that can be classified as a battery, but any battery must involve physical contact with another person's body, clothes or even an "attachment" to their body such as an object in their hand. The physical contact can be done with a part of the defendant's own body (like a fist) or with an object controlled by the defendant. In all cases, the contact must be made on purpose."

Misdemeanor Battery (Simple Battery - Penal Code § 242)The prosecution must prove the following facts to convict a defendant of misdemeanor battery:Intent – the defendant intended to make physical contact with the victim Physical Contact – the defendant made actual physical contact with the victim, the victim's clothes, or something attached to the victim such as something in the victim's handViolent, Painful or Offensive Contact – in addition to violent or painful contact, non-violent contact that is nonetheless offensive to the victim can be charged as batteryNo Consent - the victim did not somehow agree to the physical contact

I love when people do this.

I don't know what state that code is from but it is literally different everywhere. For instance, in Illinois, there is only one circumstance where throwing something can be battery.

(3) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause a correctional institution employee or Department of Human Services employee to come into contact with blood, seminal fluid, urine, or feces by throwing, tossing, or expelling the fluid or material, and the person is an inmate of a penal institution or is a sexually dangerous person or sexually violent person in the custody of the Department of Human Services.

Assuming she wasn't a "correctional institution employee" and that he wasn't "sexually dangerous person" this isn't battery by Illinois definitions.

More importantly, I'm not trying to be Khabilov's lawyer. I think what he did was kind of a douche move but not really anything to get worked up about.

Whether your state legally defines "throwing water" as battery or not is irrelevant to the conversation. By any common sense definition, throwing something is not initiating contact. You have to be physically touching.

Edit: Pretty much this

Posted by airkerma

Some 13 year chick threw soda on me in line for a roller coaster. It was annoying but I survived and didn't feel the need to press charges for assault or whatever definition you can assign to it, regardless of what the law says. If my gf was being a total bitch to someone and they dumped soda on her I would probably say she deserved it...my couch is comfy enough.

Last edited 12/19/12 1:59PM server time by bjj1605

Post #28   12/19/12 1:52:55PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by infestructure

So you'd be cool with someone throwing a drink over you? "oh hey thats alright man, I'll get another drink for you"

I actually got in a fight in high school for just this reason.

But you are putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying that girl doesn't have a right to be upset. Obviously she should be pissed.

But WE (as in the MMA community) have nothing to be upset about. This isn't a video of him violently putting the beat down on some innocent girl. She just got wet and possibly sticky.

Post #29   12/19/12 1:58:31PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

I love when people do this.

I don't know what state that code is from but it is literally different everywhere. For instance, in Illinois, there is only one circumstance where throwing something can be battery.

(3) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause a correctional institution employee or Department of Human Services employee to come into contact with blood, seminal fluid, urine, or feces by throwing, tossing, or expelling the fluid or material, and the person is an inmate of a penal institution or is a sexually dangerous person or sexually violent person in the custody of the Department of Human Services.

Assuming she wasn't a "correctional institution employee" and that he wasn't "sexually dangerous person" this isn't battery by Illinois definitions.

More importantly, I'm not trying to be Khabilov's lawyer. I think what he did was kind of a douche move but not really anything to get worked up about.

Whether your state legally defines "throwing water" as battery or not is irrelevant to the conversation. By any common sense definition, throwing something is not initiating contact. You have to be physically touching.

Edit: Pretty much this

Posted by airkerma

http://www.criminallawyerillinois.com/2010/04/18/i-got-arrested-for-battery-what-are-the-penalties-under-illinois-law/

Might wanna let this lawyer and the several others that come up under a simple Google search kniw they are wrong... good job though chief

Post #30   12/19/12 6:51:42PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3