Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Video emerges of UFC Lightweight Rustam Khabilov flipping the bird, throwing ice on a McDonald's customer

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Team Greg Jackson fighter and UFC newcomer Rustam Khabilov is shown making obscene gestures and throwing ice on a fellow customer in this video with comments from the Jackson Gym.

Link

Post #1   12/18/12 2:49:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:
I saw this yesterday, and I don't know how bad it really is. For one, I don't know the backstory of why he did it, and secondly, it was from 2010. Seems like a big pile of meh to me.

Last edited 12/18/12 2:52PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   12/18/12 2:52:40PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:488-293
Chips:
Jackson's MMA@JacksonsMMA
@John_S_Adams We did inquire on the incident which was a few years back. What the video does not show is the girl making fun of him first..

this made me chucke, I mean seriously? Well she made fun of him first.. COME ON MAN

Post #3   12/18/12 2:57:35PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

@John_S_Adams We did inquire on the incident which was a few years back. What the video does not show is the girl making fun of him first..

this made me chucke, I mean seriously? Well she made fun of him first.. COME ON MAN

You shouldn't dismiss her making fun of him. Didn't you see how distressed he looked from it in the video?

As far as it being "meh", wouldn't be so meh if it was your wife, mother, sister, girlfriend (you get the point). Was it awful? No. But it went beyond what is acceptable.

Post #4   12/18/12 3:22:14PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
that was pretty funny actually. i have met some girls that needed an ass kicking and the only reason it didnt happen is because they are girls. some ice/soda thrown on her was harmless and probably just meant to piss her off. sometimes woman think they can be bitches and treat men however they want with out any repercussions, but its a bunch of crap.

Post #5   12/18/12 3:31:33PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by frizzzlecake

You shouldn't dismiss her making fun of him. Didn't you see how distressed he looked from it in the video?

As far as it being "meh", wouldn't be so meh if it was your wife, mother, sister, girlfriend (you get the point). Was it awful? No. But it went beyond what is acceptable.

I might be a little pissed if it was my wife, mother, etc, but it's nothing I'd blow my top over, it was a little bit of ice. Who cares?

Post #6   12/18/12 4:02:51PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

Posted by frizzzlecake

I might be a little pissed if it was my wife, mother, etc, but it's nothing I'd blow my top over, it was a little bit of ice. Who cares?

If it was my wife or mother, and I had been there, the video would have shown me getting suplexed onto the floor of the McDonald's.

Post #7   12/18/12 4:10:57PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
Don't get me wrong, if I'm there and anything happens to a female loved one, things would probably go further than I'd like them to. In the grand scheme of things though it's not something that we should blow out of proportion. But you're right NE-1, I wouldn't me so "meh" if I knew the person.

My main point is that as far as news or "criminal" types of behavior go, this is very mild. I think any decent person would react if something like this happened to a woman they care about.

Last edited 12/18/12 4:56PM server time by cowcatcher
4 total post edits

Post #8   12/18/12 4:32:20PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Got to love that jealous ass 'GOTCHYA' bullshit.

Kid Nate just eating that shit up. 'Look at the scoop I got fellas.'

Post #9   12/18/12 4:59:36PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
its actually kind of funny.
how cares, at least he didnt beat her.

Post #10   12/18/12 5:13:59PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know he built Bloody Elbow up, but he's ruined it also

Post #11   12/18/12 5:14:29PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Don't get me wrong, if I'm there and anything happens to a female loved one, things would probably go further than I'd like them to. In the grand scheme of things though it's not something that we should blow out of proportion. But you're right NE-1, I wouldn't me so "meh" if I knew the person.

My main point is that as far as news or "criminal" types of behavior go, this is very mild. I think any decent person would react if something like this happened to a woman they care about.

No, I agree with you, it's fairly mild especially in the grand scheme of things as you said. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

Had he just told her to "f*** off" I would feel differently about it. I also thought it was kind of a pansy move for them to all to duck out after he did it. I guess I wouldn't wanna stick around for the bitching from all those hens either though. lol

Post #12   12/18/12 5:33:55PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Chips:

that was awesome.

& the whole "what if was your wife/girlfriend/sister" thing.. well she shouldn't be making fun of russian strangers in McD's anyways. you reap what you sow.

PS: fuck Bloodyelbow & the extremely ugly douche it rode in on!

Post #13   12/18/12 5:55:22PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,759-1,532
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know him, he's a good dude. Used to make picks here before he started writing for them. Unfortunately bloody elbow strikes me as borderline tabloid at times. It's like the TMZ of fight journalism.

Last edited 12/18/12 5:55PM server time by jay98107

Post #14   12/18/12 5:55:25PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,759-1,532
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know him, he's a good dude. Used to make picks here before he started writing for them. Unfortunately bloody elbow strikes me as borderline tabloid at times. It's like the TMZ of fight journalism.

Good lord, perfect example of what I'm talking about -
Link

Post #15   12/18/12 5:57:49PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3