Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I propose a pillow fight: Fitch vs Shields

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Both of these guys fight with a grinding, top heavy bjj style that bores the hell out of me. No matter how many favorable positiins they get themselves in, no matter how exhausted their opponents, they just can't seem to finish. Pillow hands, wet blankets, LNP, whatever you call it, it kills me. So I propose a fight at WW with the loser gatting the pink slip. God knows it will end up a split decision for the winner, but really would anyone miss either of these guys if they got the axe?!

Post #1   12/17/12 2:04:25AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:
It'd miss both of them. Great Grappling GateKeeper's and personally I love to see Fitch Grind on someone for a victory.

Shields back at 170 is also great GateKeeper, and his fight with Sexy was fun.

Post #2   12/17/12 2:24:21AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,470-909
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

It'd miss both of them. Great Grappling GateKeeper's and personally I love to see Fitch Grind on someone for a victory.

Shields back at 170 is also great GateKeeper, and his fight with Sexy was fun.

I too would miss both of them. I am admittedly a fan of Jake Shields'. And as far as never finishing, Shields, while still quite the winner of decisions, has several finishes. He doesn't hit hard, but his ground game is slick. His fight against Akiyama showed some improvement in his striking, the only real unfortunate thing is that he waited this long to start improving it so it realy is just about too little too late at this point in his career.

Fitch however, is already fairly well round and is a much more servicable striker than Shields is. His thing though is if his style of fighting isn't broken, why fix it? As boring as his style can be from time to time, it is just as much the other guys fault for not being able to stop it. Can you really blame Fitch for exploiting something they can't stop him from doing in order to win the fight?

Post #3   12/17/12 7:09:27AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
This time brother I comepletely disagree. Jon Fitch is exciting to watch he always shows up to fight and is extremely well rounded. I will admit it would be nice to see a little more finishes from him but the W is more important in my opinion. As for Shields if Chucky likes him he's ok in my books.

Post #4   12/17/12 9:26:05AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Sounds like a good fight for Fitch. I'd put everything I own on him running through Shields with little resistance.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   12/17/12 9:26:17AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Fitch would dominate Shields, but I would enjoy seeing it.

I have been a Fitch fan from the get go.

Post #6   12/17/12 9:44:05AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i like fitch and i think he's always been a force at WW. i respect his style because i know what it takes to be able to keep that grinding pace for 3 or even 5 rounds. i wish he did finish more fighters though. as for shields, i would be ok if he was cut from the ufc, i dont like him. i think fitch would probably dominate. everybody talks like shields is this crazy good grappler with dangerous submissions, and i am familiar with his grappling achievements, but its been a long time since i was impressed with his MMA achievements. i would bet on fitch all day

Post #7   12/18/12 12:44:54AM