Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight camps???

Print  
Posted By Message

kneeuinthenutz

Learning to Sprawl

kneeuinthenutz Avatar

Career:69-41
Chips:
What exactly is the benefit of joining a fight camp? I understand the site gives a few more options if you join one, but other than that, I fail to see the point...

You have thousands of people playing for 1 single position at the end of the year. How does joining a group of people, and sharing information benefit one?

Post #1   6/1/07 7:43:53PM   

MrLehman

Standup Guy

MrLehman Avatar

Career:59-30
Camp: Fight Iowa
Chips:
We use it to sort out scores between friends

Post #2   6/3/07 1:10:54AM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
same as my fight camp easy to find friends and see how they are doing

Post #3   6/3/07 12:06:33PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Your camp also has an Overrall Ranking to see how your camp stacks up against others in your weight division depending on how many people are in your camp...But for me its just me and my buddies in my camp..so its bragging and ball busting rights with your friends.

Post #4   6/3/07 7:09:05PM   

hughesfan1

MMA Regular

hughesfan1 Avatar

Career:271-156
Camp: UFC 4 Life
Chips:
What's the point of a fight camp in real life MMA ? To help you get better. Right? I see this as a good comparision to this game. You join a camp, then you can trust your teammates to help you by giving you advice on picks, wagers, odds, all sorts of things. I like the fight camp portion of this game, but it's probably not right for everyone. Just like my comparisoin before, some fighters do things differtly and some fantasy gamers do things differtly. IMO the fight camp is a great addition to a great game, but everyone is entitled to thier own.

Post #5   6/3/07 8:51:47PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
I send my camp some exclusives that i dont post elsewhere as just a perk of being on the team. I got a couple of friends in my camp, but mostly it is a very diverse camp with people from all over the world, from noobs to people who have been around since ufc1. we discuss some upcoming events and see how people did on past events. i think the fight camps are fun, but they are what you make it.

Post #6   6/3/07 9:32:30PM   

kneeuinthenutz

Learning to Sprawl

kneeuinthenutz Avatar

Career:69-41
Chips:

Posted by hughesfan1
You join a camp, then you can trust your teammates to help you by giving you advice on picks, wagers, odds, all sorts of things.

That's exactly my point..What good is sharing information when you are competing against each other? Only 1 man wins out of thousands. You need as much as an edge as you can possibly get. Telling your opponent who you're going to pick is not exactly a winning strategy.

Is there any benefit to having the #1 fight camp?

Post #7   6/5/07 1:28:56AM   

blakeon

MMA Regular

blakeon Avatar

Career:629-344
Chips:
talking to friends... and being apart of something.

Post #8   7/23/07 4:00:21PM   

punkrockike

Learning to Sprawl

punkrockike Avatar

Career:202-125
Camp: Team Frost Shards
Chips:

Posted by kneeuinthenutz

That's exactly my point..What good is sharing information when you are competing against each other? Only 1 man wins out of thousands. You need as much as an edge as you can possibly get. Telling your opponent who you're going to pick is not exactly a winning strategy.

Is there any benefit to having the #1 fight camp?

i have a fight camp that has only my real life friends in it. so after every event we all check out what scores we got and call each other up and talk about it. or brag or whatever. to me the fight camp is about see how all the friends do in the game.

i don't understand some of those fight camps that have like 100+ people in em. that probably has no point to it.

Last edited 7/26/07 6:59AM server time by punkrockike
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   7/26/07 6:59:18AM