Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Five Ounces of Pain: UFC light Heavyweight Crystal Ball

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Before UFC 71, the UFC's light heavyweight division was the most stable of all the promotion's weight classes. The formula was fairly straightforward: Find a marketable opponent for then-champion Chuck Liddell, watch Liddell dismantle said opponent, and move on

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   6/1/07 6:36:57PM   

Zuel

Learning to Sprawl

Zuel Avatar

Career:23-11
Camp: F.W.O.
Chips:
I agree. I don't really like Quinton that much but am glad to see the title change hands. I am interested in seeing what Chuck will do now that he's been put out in much the same way he's done other fighters. Hopefully he will refocus his training. Anyway... This is a good thing for the Light Heavyweight Division. Now we should see some movement and more interesting fights. As opposed to feeding Chuck fighters that were bound to catch a fist to the face at some point.

Post #2   6/1/07 9:02:22PM