Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Diaz’s middle finger gesture during fight rattled Fox broadcast, but not Benson Henderson

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

Diaz brothers rule... they talk an absurd amount of game, but they back it up 10 fold...win or lose...they scare and intimidate the hell out of me

How do the Diaz brothers back up their talk they get there ass whooped a lot...and neither have any chance against a wrestler...not only that but Diaz said he was a btter fighter than Ben...HE was totally wrong....Ben whipped him silly was not even close....

In a rematch I could see the odds at -450 Henderson

What a bold prediction. Hindsight is 20/20.

Bold prediction I put half this fake ass money roll on Henderson...I never thought the fight would be close period...

Post #16   12/9/12 4:59:47PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,028-1,684
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

Diaz brothers rule... they talk an absurd amount of game, but they back it up 10 fold...win or lose...they scare and intimidate the hell out of me

How do the Diaz brothers back up their talk they get there ass whooped a lot...and neither have any chance against a wrestler...not only that but Diaz said he was a btter fighter than Ben...HE was totally wrong....Ben whipped him silly was not even close....

What a bold prediction. Hindsight is 20/20.

Well you have to consider what oddsmakers think...What money line would you make it? seriously after getting manhandled personally I wouldnt want to waste ten dollars to win 45 betting on Diaz....the odds would have to be like Jones and Chael to even consider a dollar on Diaz his game is basically standup and his groung game is good but hes way to weak for a guy like Ben...Nate Diaz needs two years of muscle to be a threat to Ben...Thats why he was rag dolled the whole fight...Did you see Henderson after the fight..

Yes, I saw him, I was there live. What I'm saying is your claims are hardly revelatory, because we all saw the fight last night, as did the oddsmakers.

Post #17   12/9/12 5:00:41PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

neither have any chance against a wrestler...

WHo is mad IM happy I think Diaz is a punk and needs an attitude adjustment....

Hes never beaten a decent wrestler....He didnt even beat Clay Guida...He lost to Maynard...

His best win was against Cerrone and Cerrone claimed to have had a broken Jaw...

your what maybe 16? your a child who hides behind a computer screen

We're all hiding behind computer screens. I'm surprised someone with your reading comprehension isn't a big Diaz fan.

Post #18   12/9/12 5:03:27PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

neither have any chance against a wrestler...

WHo is mad IM happy I think Diaz is a punk and needs an attitude adjustment....

Hes never beaten a decent wrestler....He didnt even beat Clay Guida...He lost to Maynard...

His best win was against Cerrone and Cerrone claimed to have had a broken Jaw...

your what maybe 16? your a child who hides behind a computer screen

Show me where you said decent wrestler? You said neither have a chance against a wrestler, I showed you 2...

Dirty Blue

Post #19   12/9/12 5:10:49PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If fox can't handle the antics that sometimes comes with MMA stay the Fuck away from the business

Post #20   12/9/12 5:31:42PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by george112

Posted by bjj1605

Their antics are entertaining but they're gonna have to tone it down for Fox.

The UFC should start handing out fines for things like this. It's part of becoming a legitimate sport. The NFL does it.

I agree with this.

Of course there will be time to taunt and what not but do it in good taste.

You don't see NBA or NFL players give the other team the middle finger when they score on them. And of they did there would be a fine.

Taunt in good taste? Sorry, too difficult an idea to enforce. To me it's always fairly dickish, whether it's a Diaz brother flipping someone off, Rashad Evans grabbing his nutsack, or Rory MacDonald dancing like Muhammad Ali when he has yet to accomplish anything that is even in the vaguest sense Aliesque. You're right about NBA and NFL players not flipping each other off, but they also get suspended for hitting each other. Needless to say MMA has substantially different standards.

You looked too far into my good taste comment.

I meant taunting without having to be censored. Rorys shuffle would have fit my good taste standard. Obviously Diaz giving the bird did not.

It's FOX not HBO remember

Post #21   12/9/12 5:46:46PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

The DIaz brothers may get beat now and then but they don't get their "ass whooped". Nick has only been finished once and that was eons ago, it was a fluke and he avenged the loss twice. Nate has only been finished once and that was a while ago as well and it was to a far more experienced fighter. The only times they lose are decisions and they are usually close or even split decisions. Even in the few rare times they are somewhat outclassed or unable to force their will for whatever reason they are always tough as nails trying to implement their game as well as withstanding everything that their opponent is throwing at them. The Diaz boys never get their "ass whooped".

Last edited 12/9/12 7:48PM server time by Sir_Karl
Edit note/reason: spelling correction

Post #22   12/9/12 7:47:01PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,477-1,379
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

The DIaz brothers may get beat now and then but they don't get their "ass whooped". Nick has only been finished once and that was eons ago, it was a fluke and he avenged the loss twice. Nate has only been finished once and that was a while ago as well and it was to a far more experienced fighter. The only times they lose are decisions and they are usually close or even split decisions. Even in the few rare times they are somewhat outclassed or unable to force their will for whatever reason they are always tough as nails trying to implement their game as well as withstanding everything that their opponent is throwing at them. The Diaz boys never get their "ass whooped".

I agree for the most part, but Nate unquestionably got his ass whooped by Henderson.

Post #23   12/9/12 8:57:48PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
with some of the shit they put on tv these days; im still surprised the middle finger is unacceptable

Post #24   12/9/12 9:15:04PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

with some of the shit they put on tv these days; im still surprised the middle finger is unacceptable

Exactly. Doesn't FOX have a bunch of hackneyed racist/sexist jokes on like 3 different Seth MacFarlane vehicles? Didn't know they were going to get coy with us on the middle finger.

Post #25   12/9/12 9:29:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
how about they don't put a Diaz on these free cards? Have they never watched a Diaz fight before? How can anyone actually be surprised by this?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   12/9/12 10:51:56PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

1.) This is not the NFL. The comparisons between the two should stop, as evidenced by your mention of "being traded" as a result of such behavior, which isn't even a concept in MMA (unless you think the UFC is going to trade the Diaz brothers to Bellator, who sell tickets due to exciting, quality fights).

Obviously getting traded doesn't apply. Conducting yourself like a professional does.

Doing a little touchdown dance in the NFL won't get you a fine. Shuffling your feet in the UFC shouldn't get you a fine.

Cussing or making lewd/crude gestures should get you a fine in both.

If the UFC wants to be taken seriously as a legitimate sport, they need to enforce the rules of a legitimate sport. That includes athletes that don't put broadcasters in the awkward position of having to decided whether to show the action or get a fine from the FEC.

I guarantee you that Fox has already talked to the UFC about this and explained that such behavior is unacceptable. And I'm sure the UFC will listen. They don't want their first deal with a major network to fall through because they couldn't control stop the immature antics of a few fighters.

Last edited 12/10/12 9:17AM server time by bjj1605
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   12/10/12 9:17:16AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2