Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rousey Carmouche Odds

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think this fight will interest people more for ronda being hot and then expecting her to smash carmouche. i dont think the lure is about it being a really even fight. i wish it was though

i think carmouche has a chance of KO'ing ronda as much as anybody else. i keep saying that ronda's weakness is her hands at this point so you never know, she could get caught and carmouche could stun the world (or at least the current MMA fans)

Honestly, I don't have a problem with that. If it gets people to start getting interested in WMMA, and respecting the fighters, I say go for it, as long as casual fans begin to enjoy the sport for what it should be. I'm sure there are some women out there who like to watch certain fighters because of their appearances.

Post #16   12/8/12 2:32:14PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by warglory

Watch Carmouche vs Young, and see how strong Carmouche is on the ground. I think Rousey will win, but I don't think that Rousey will roll over her.

I see Young has more losses than wins....nuff said I am done commenting on WMMA...I cant wait for the UFC to start a midget division too....

Kaitlin Young is 7-7, and like most mma fighters, that isn't necessarily determinant of their overall skill.

Randy Couture is 19-11, does that make him a journeyman simply because of his record? No.

Your abilities at debating are shockingly bad, and I am glad you are done commenting on a legitimate sport that you, as an MMA fan, should be support, whether you like to watch it or not.

Debating is actually what IM good at and you cant seem to take a loss...

Couture is just that....A journeyman...Who at one time was 1 of two fighters in a division....
I have watched MMA for years since UFC 1....I can like fighting all I want...Just because someone wins or loses doesnt make them bad or good...You must look at there competition..Bottom line fighters of today would just maul fighters of yesterday...

IN BOXING OR MMA....theres a long list of reasons for this...

Now lets move on to your debate...Does Couture record of 19-11 make him a journeyman...Well you picked out 1 fighter of how many in fighting....Now go count up the names of fighters with similar records and you tell me...Are they journeyman? I will use your own logic to beat you into submission with a debate...

but you said carmouche wasnt whatever....SHES BEING HAND FED TO ROUSEY AT THE EXPENSE OF FANS TO TRY AND BUIKLD ROUSEY SO YOU CAN SEE HER ON MORE CARDS....DOENST MATTER I KNOW THE PPV numbers will be a joke...IF SILVAS Numbers arent great you really expect Rouseys to be...

and if Rousey was but ugly would you still be so interested?

Post #17   12/8/12 3:22:07PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher
.Bottom line fighters of today would just maul fighters of yesterday...

IN BOXING OR MMA

What HW in boxing now, would you pick to beat Foreman, Ali or Frazier?

sorry for veering from the original argument. just curious.

Last edited 12/8/12 4:10PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #18   12/8/12 4:09:48PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kingsmasher
.Bottom line fighters of today would just maul fighters of yesterday...

IN BOXING OR MMA

What HW in boxing now, would you pick to beat Foreman, Ali or Frazier?

sorry for veering from the original argument. just curious.

Well I cant answer really...But if you took a todays fighter with their training and expertise and tool set to fight a fighter then I would take todays...If you put a fighter back then with all the technology today It would be a close fight..
But with a skill set today and if Klitschos went back in time they would win.

Like a baseball player today more than likely woudl be off the charts if he went back in time..

But to take those fighters and use the training and resources of today I could not say because really you have to look at history...Millions today have a gym on every corner and if you are gifted today in a more populated world means you beat a lot of competition...Back then there were less opportunities and more than likely there were truly gifted people who never get a shot just because of many things...Like geographical location, supporting families,or a number of things that could keep you from a gym...

Foreman Ali and Frazier They were good fighters for the era..could definitely hold there own to a certain point Wladimir is a tough task for anyone at any era..

And I love the old fighters...also remember anyones opinion about fighters today and in the past people just love to love people of the past and they hold them dear to their heart..

Last edited 12/8/12 4:45PM server time by kingsmasher

Post #19   12/8/12 4:44:25PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im actually a pretty big Klitschko Bros fan, which is why ia sked.

i personally would take Vitale over Wladimir, based on ability to take a punch and I could see any of the 3 flooring Wladimir. I like Vitale a lot, but just couldnt pick him against any of them. also, not trying to do a disservice to wladimir. he has proved lately his chin isnt made of glass like everyone initially thought. i think those early KO/TKO losses were more about fight preparation than his actual chin.

Last edited 12/8/12 5:04PM server time by Poor_Franklin
2 total post edits

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #20   12/8/12 5:02:56PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Couture is just that....A journeyman...Who at one time was 1 of two fighters in a division....
I have watched MMA for years since UFC 1....I can like fighting all I want...Just because someone wins or loses doesnt make them bad or good...You must look at there competition..Bottom line fighters of today would just maul fighters of yesterday...

Soooo now you're saying that records don't matter? Does Kaitlin Young being 7-7 matter or not? You are totally contradicting your original assessment. And Randy Couture has had more championship fights than probably anyone else in the UFC, so that pretty much eliminates your second contradictory point.

Now lets move on to your debate...Does Couture record of 19-11 make him a journeyman...Well you picked out 1 fighter of how many in fighting....Now go count up the names of fighters with similar records and you tell me...Are they journeyman? I will use your own logic to beat you into submission with a debate...

but you said carmouche wasnt whatever....SHES BEING HAND FED TO ROUSEY AT THE EXPENSE OF FANS TO TRY AND BUIKLD ROUSEY SO YOU CAN SEE HER ON MORE CARDS....DOENST MATTER I KNOW THE PPV numbers will be a joke...IF SILVAS Numbers arent great you really expect Rouseys to be...

So when does the submission by logic begin? Because this statement consisted of a jumble of incoherent capitalized words that didn't come close to making sense. Are you trying to say that another fighter with the same record as Couture might be considered a journeyman? If so, you are contradicting your statement one paragraph above this one.

Let me spell out the debate so far so you can understand:

1. You said Carmouche is being fed to Rousey and then proceeded to bash WMMA for no apparent reason.

2. I said women can fight, and demonstrated Carmouche's skills by linking to her fight with Young.

3. You disregarded this evidence by dismissing Young as a skilled fighter by mentioning her record.

4. I said this didn't necessarily matter, and cited Randy Couture as an example.

5. You then challenged my point by stating "Just because someone wins or loses doesnt make them bad or good," which is EXACTLY my point.

6. You wrote in caps and I became confused.

That is the extent of this debate thus far. Besides, I thought you weren't going to debate anymore about WMMA?

Last edited 12/8/12 11:42PM server time by warglory

Post #21   12/8/12 11:37:44PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by kingsmasher

Soooo now you're saying that records don't matter? Does Kaitlin Young being 7-7 matter or not? You are totally contradicting your original assessment. And Randy Couture has had more championship fights than probably anyone else in the UFC, so that pretty much eliminates your second contradictory point.

So when does the submission by logic begin? Because this statement consisted of a jumble of incoherent capitalized words that didn't come close to making sense. Are you trying to say that another fighter with the same record as Couture might be considered a journeyman? If so, you are contradicting your statement one paragraph above this one.

1. You said Carmouche is being fed to Rousey and then proceeded to bash WMMA for no apparent reason.

2. I said women can fight, and demonstrated Carmouche's skills by linking to her fight with Young.

3. You disregarded this evidence by dismissing Young as a skilled fighter by mentioning her record.

4. I said this didn't necessarily matter, and cited Randy Couture as an example.

5. You then challenged my point by stating "Just because someone wins or loses doesnt make them bad or good," which is EXACTLY my point.

That is the extent of this debate thus far. Besides, I thought you weren't going to debate anymore about WMMA?

the debate turned to Randy Couture and you asked If hes just a journeyman...MY simple answer is hes just average like his record reflects....He fought Chuck Lidell who cant wrestle...He lost he won..HE got his tooth knocked out by Lyoto...

But ina ll seriousness I would like to know your definition of a journeyman..

I believe he was just an average at best fighter that got many opportunities being a company man and being at the right place in the right time...

If I took his best year and threw him in a ring now I dont think he would do well but that my opinion..

When I said wins and loss records dont tell teh whole story that is what I mean...Can of worms here....Many loved Fedor and thought he was the greatest...I watched his fights and thought the guys that he fought were cans and had little to no game plan...

But now we know that the whole organization has been said tied to organized crime....but thats another story...Did you see Fedor fight Brett Rogers? He got his nose busted....If he was as good or half as good as people think that would not of happened...Hes a brawler...Very little technique in most fight just ground and pound..He knows technique or course you will say but who did he beat that had excellent technique? WHo did he finish?

As for WMMA if you ask me a question I will answer...

I thried to make a point and hey these boards do get read by people who matter and like I said pple act like WMMA is worthy of a main event or main card thats just silly in my opinion again...especially a fight when odds are -1500 if you accept that as a good fight and want to point out she beat a girl who has a 7-7 record like that proves this girl is a real threat or this is some great match...Well thats a weak argument...I dont think anyone with actual MMA knowledge will give this fight respect...Its just to pump up Rousey and pad her stats....Lets keep feeding her this type of opponent and get her to 50-0...Now that would be marketing...and since you think this is a good fight by your argument....We may end up with that and then she will break all title records...

I cant wait

Post #22   12/9/12 5:25:22PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Rousey opens up at a huge -1500....

Thats what I been saying....Who wants to see any fight where we automatically know the outcome....

Watching men fight we always have at least a punchers chance...

THis fight is ridiculous and Dana loves that some fans are happy and ok it being a main event....

This is just sad for a fight and MMA....

Theres basically only 3 pple in WMMA that will matter...And Cyborg may never even matter or be in a fight with Rousey cause TIto will advise here not to cut to 135...

The Rousey Show!!! With your host Dana White...When I think about it I think Dana might never set up a fight against Cyborg for Rousey...It will all be talk for years...

Cyborg just doesnt have the appeal to grow WMMA to make avaerage fans want to look at it...This is just my opinion of course...

Danas just making Rousey the next Carano and I will laugh when Rousey steps away to make movies...B-level of course

In women's fights there's no punchers chance? Holy hell what a stellar display of antiquated views.

Post #23   12/9/12 5:34:31PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

im actually a pretty big Klitschko Bros fan, which is why ia sked.

i personally would take Vitale over Wladimir, based on ability to take a punch and I could see any of the 3 flooring Wladimir. I like Vitale a lot, but just couldnt pick him against any of them. also, not trying to do a disservice to wladimir. he has proved lately his chin isnt made of glass like everyone initially thought. i think those early KO/TKO losses were more about fight preparation than his actual chin.

IN his prime I think Mike Tyson would KO those guys...He was mean and fought perfectlly in his early days against taller and opponents with reach..

I never understand in MMA why guys fight from the outside with a reach disadvantage...

TO pick those guys over Klitchkos if I had to pick I could not do it....All those guys back then were seriously out of shape compared to Klitch...For the first 5 rounds more than likey close but after that I got Klitschko...I am a huge believer in game plan for fighting and believe if done to perfection never fails..

Thats why GSP is so good and JOn JOnes wityh Greg Jackson...the Patriots..Lakers with Phil Jackson

Last edited 12/9/12 5:42PM server time by kingsmasher

Post #24   12/9/12 5:40:40PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by warglory

Posted by kingsmasher

the debate turned to Randy Couture and you asked If hes just a journeyman...MY simple answer is hes just average like his record reflects....He fought Chuck Lidell who cant wrestle...He lost he won..HE got his tooth knocked out by Lyoto...

But ina ll seriousness I would like to know your definition of a journeyman..

I believe he was just an average at best fighter that got many opportunities being a company man and being at the right place in the right time...

If I took his best year and threw him in a ring now I dont think he would do well but that my opinion..

When I said wins and loss records dont tell teh whole story that is what I mean...Can of worms here....Many loved Fedor and thought he was the greatest...I watched his fights and thought the guys that he fought were cans and had little to no game plan...

But now we know that the whole organization has been said tied to organized crime....but thats another story...Did you see Fedor fight Brett Rogers? He got his nose busted....If he was as good or half as good as people think that would not of happened...Hes a brawler...Very little technique in most fight just ground and pound..He knows technique or course you will say but who did he beat that had excellent technique? WHo did he finish?

As for WMMA if you ask me a question I will answer...

I thried to make a point and hey these boards do get read by people who matter and like I said pple act like WMMA is worthy of a main event or main card thats just silly in my opinion again...especially a fight when odds are -1500 if you accept that as a good fight and want to point out she beat a girl who has a 7-7 record like that proves this girl is a real threat or this is some great match...Well thats a weak argument...I dont think anyone with actual MMA knowledge will give this fight respect...Its just to pump up Rousey and pad her stats....Lets keep feeding her this type of opponent and get her to 50-0...Now that would be marketing...and since you think this is a good fight by your argument....We may end up with that and then she will break all title records...

I cant wait

Well, once you call Randy Couture average and say Fedor only fought cans, there's really no reason to read any of your future posts. I can't continue to read your opinions about WMMA when your posts about men's MMA contain thoughts like these.

Post #25   12/9/12 5:44:03PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Here's an idea. Everyone shut the F up and quit acting like teenage girls. The tattling behind the scenes is ridiculous.

Thread locked. Move on.

Last edited 12/9/12 5:53PM server time by emfleek
2 total post edits

Post #26   12/9/12 5:52:22PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2