Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FOX 5 weigh-in results: Nate Diaz initially off mark for title tilt

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by BuffaloDave

I think it's rather stupid fighter's have the option to just forfeit the percentage of their purse, instead of attempting to shed the extra pounds.

I think additional money should be forfeited if you decline to attempt a re-weigh in, it's not fair to the other fighter who has made weight.

Henry Martinez missed weight pretty bad tonight.

Doesnt the opponent have to say he will still take the fight if other guy misses weight...

I mean I am guessing yes but saying you wont fight of course will put you in a doghouse with Dana...

Post #16   12/8/12 12:43:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher
Doesnt the opponent have to say he will still take the fight if other guy misses weight...

I mean I am guessing yes but saying you wont fight of course will put you in a doghouse with Dana...

I think getting a paycheck is more important than what Dana thinks of them, especially as a preliminary card fighter

Last edited 12/8/12 2:14PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   12/8/12 2:13:57PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

I think getting a paycheck is more important than what Dana thinks of them, especially as a preliminary card fighter

I'm not really sure, but Bubbles summed it up. I would assume if a fighter came in at Rumble weight, that Dana would be more pissed at that fighter, than someone electing not to take the fight.

In the case Martinez was 158 and some change, so wasn't that bad.

Post #18   12/8/12 3:17:11PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

I don't ever remember a fighter declining to fight because his opponent missed weight.

They have the option though....

Post #19   12/8/12 3:27:59PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

I don't ever remember a fighter declining to fight because his opponent missed weight.

They have the option though....

It just happened recently in an L2 event, I believe.

Post #20   12/8/12 3:29:17PM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I'm pretty sure a fighter has the option of either saying no or like in this case Cruickshank will be getting 20% of Henry Martinez's fight purse.
Also DC probably would take this fight if Martinez came in 10 lbs over weight. He was disappointed when UFC 151 was cancelled. That was when they where suppose to fight initially.
DC is gonna show Martinez what being a Michigan Ninja is all about.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Last edited 12/8/12 3:30PM server time by JLS1980

Post #21   12/8/12 3:29:45PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
What is bad when fighters miss weight for me is when I put money on Cruick and his opponent misses weight...The bet should be void...This has happened to me before over a fighter missing weight and then he wins the fight...

Post #22   12/8/12 4:02:01PM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

What is bad when fighters miss weight for me is when I put money on Cruick and his opponent misses weight...The bet should be void...This has happened to me before over a fighter missing weight and then he wins the fight...

I honestly think that more often when a fighter misses weight he usually loses. I feel even more confident in Cruickshank now.
I can't remember every fighter that missed weight off the top of my head but a couple recent ex. Guillard was over against Cerrone, Oliveira was over against Cub Swanson, Rampage was over against Bader. And tonight you'll have Martinez as the latest victim.

Post #23   12/8/12 4:18:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by kingsmasher

I honestly think that more often when a fighter misses weight he usually loses. I feel even more confident in Cruickshank now.
I can't remember every fighter that missed weight off the top of my head but a couple recent ex. Guillard was over against Cerrone, Oliveira was over against Cub Swanson, Rampage was over against Bader. And tonight you'll have Martinez as the latest victim.

If you joined my camp, you would see that I listed many more

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   12/8/12 4:22:32PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,788-935
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Has this rule been in place for a long time? The no one pound allowance for title fights? I've never heard of that before.

Post #25   12/8/12 7:49:56PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Yeah, at least as long as I've been watching MMA (since 2005).

Last edited 12/8/12 9:54PM server time by isk

Post #26   12/8/12 9:47:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2