Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche Main Event at UFC 157

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Gogoplatapus

There's only one good female fight out there. After that, zero.

clearly you have never watched any WMMA and only know names

Ive watched it and Gogo is right...

Post #46   12/7/12 1:17:13AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DancingDoll

I don't really know who Carmouche is... I'm still a newbie to women's MMA. It sounds like she's just another arm to add to Ronda's collection, but it'll still be exciting to kickstart the division.

Pretty much. A showcase fight to introduce her to the world from the "big" stage.

To introduce her to the world a better idea would have been to put her under a GSP main event....I think this is poor promotions from the UFC..

Post #47   12/7/12 1:20:05AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Same guys bitching about Hendricks getting passed on WARing Rousey vs some chick I've never heard of. In a main event. On PPV.

I'd buy Barao McDonald way before I'd buy Rousey vs anyone.

Just because you dont know who Liz Carmouche is doesnt make this fight unworthy. You wont watch Ronda as a main event but you will waste your time on a million threads about the women.

Not knowing who Liz is doesnt make the fight unworthy...You are correct.....The odds that come out when they do, make it unworthy...Circus fight...

Theres only two three fights that are worth watching...Cyborg Rousey and MCCann...Even Tate isnt that great...

How many woman fighters actually throw correct punches in a fight?

Last edited 12/7/12 1:30AM server time by kingsmasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #48   12/7/12 1:24:26AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by george112

If by catching up you mean making it to the UFC then yeah they have.

I'm talking about your comment regarding how "un-technical" they are.

Sure, they're not on the level of the males but the gap is narrowing for sure.

It's no different than watching 90% of the guys that come through the TUF house.

Well to be truthful who said TUF was and has been worth watching for how long now?

Post #49   12/7/12 1:29:13AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
IMO the reason Rousey's fighting on PPV is because the UFC knows she's gonna pull in viewers. There will be the segment that has no clue about MMA, and hears a women's fight is happening in the UFC "Oh a women's fight in UFC.... that's different... maybe I will watch."

Then just women in general that are fans of the sport will want to watch naturally. Also, she's done very well exposing herself through the mainstream media. Basically the UFC is aware she will get them PPV buys, and they have no problem with booking her in a bunch of bullshit fights to do that. Making $ above all logic and reason.

I don't see why everybody gets so offended when people say they have no interest in watching WMMA based on the true ability of the competitors. Sure they might have credentials, and improving technique, but seriously.... different worlds. I love hockey, but watching the best women hockey players in the world sucks. The Canadian women's national hockey team gets beat by small town boys AAA teams (16 and 17 year olds) 6-2 and 7-1 all the time, as they prepare for the Olympics.... that's the national team vs kids from one small city somewhere.

The only sports that I enjoy watching women more than men are tennis/volleyball, they have less power, which allows for longer rallies, very enjoyable... that's being just straight up honest.... hockey sucks, basketball sucks, golf sucks.

I can't wait when round 3 ends with Henderson & Machida locked in a war, people not sure which way the decision is gonna go...

Last edited 12/7/12 11:31AM server time by crushedbacon
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #50   12/7/12 11:26:51AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Same guys bitching about Hendricks getting passed on WARing Rousey vs some chick I've never heard of. In a main event. On PPV.

I'd buy Barao McDonald way before I'd buy Rousey vs anyone.

Just because you dont know who Liz Carmouche is doesnt make this fight unworthy. You wont watch Ronda as a main event but you will waste your time on a million threads about the women.

Yes it does.

Explain to me how this fight is worthy to headline a PPV. I'll wait.

Post #51   12/7/12 12:52:51PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Gogoplatapus

clearly you have never watched any WMMA and only know names

Of course I don't watch it. It sucks.

Post #52   12/7/12 12:54:50PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4