Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Firas Zahabi: Georges St-Pierre wants to fight Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Despite recent claims from Anderson Silva's camp stating otherwise, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is still interested in a blockbuster fight against Anderson Silva, according to TriStar gym head trainer Firas Zahabi.

"I asked him if he wants to fight Anderson. He told me, ‘Yes,'" Zahabi said. "But I think there's a lot to be negotiated, so I don't know much more than that. If one day they tell me he's fighting Anderson Silva, I'll treat him accordingly. If they tell me he's fighting Nick Diaz, I'll treat him accordingly."

St-Pierre is currently vacationing following a hard-fought title defense over Carlos Condit at UFC 154, his first fight in 19 months, and has mostly laid low during public negotiations.

"After a fight like that, he needs time off," said Zahabi.

"Honestly, whenever we've just finished a fight, we're just so happy the fight is done, we don't talk about fighting anymore. And then when we get a name, that's all we're focused on."

LINK

Post #1   12/6/12 12:04:41PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Meanwhile Jackson is saying that GSP is eyeballing Hendricks for his next fight.

Post #2   12/6/12 1:31:18PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm tired of the Silva/GSP runaround

Back and forth. Back and forth.

Dana either do it or don't.
Silva either do it or don't.
GSP either do it or don't.

I'm tired of the MW division standing still anyways. Make Silva defend the belt already so we can get the show rolling

Post #3   12/6/12 1:47:53PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

I'm tired of the MW division standing still anyways. Make Silva defend the belt already so we can get the show rolling

Against who?

Post #4   12/6/12 2:02:35PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Against who?

Doesn't really matter. If someone is injured take the next person in line. Waiting for contenders to fight each other is getting ridiculous in mw division

Post #5   12/6/12 2:08:56PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by george112

I think both fighters should defend their title once more by May and then have this superfight towards the end of the year

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   12/6/12 2:12:39PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Really Firas? Just like Diaz is the number one contender? Everything about GSP says he wants nothing to do with the fight and I doubt it ever happens. I think Firas is beginning to enjoy talking a little too much.

Post #7   12/6/12 2:18:43PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,696-988
Chips:
It seemed pretty obvious after the Condit fight that GSP doesn't want to fight Andy. You don't tell a massive audience of fans 'I'd have to discuss it with my manager' if you really wanted to take the fight. IMO they should have had Nick sitting in the audience.

I still kinda want to see Diaz v GSP in the hope (false hope likely) it will light a fire under GSP but with that said I would be more than happy to see him fight Hendrix who could be a pretty tough matchup for Georges.

Post #8   12/6/12 2:37:59PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

It seemed pretty obvious after the Condit fight that GSP doesn't want to fight Andy. You don't tell a massive audience of fans 'I'd have to discuss it with my manager' if you really wanted to take the fight. IMO they should have had Nick sitting in the audience.

I still kinda want to see Diaz v GSP in the hope (false hope likely) it will light a fire under GSP but with that said I would be more than happy to see him fight Hendrix who could be a pretty tough matchup for Georges.

Are you implying that GSP didnt have a fire lit under him against Condit?? One of the best GSP fights to date, regardless if it was still a decision

Post #9   12/6/12 3:26:04PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Chips:

Posted by king_katool

Are you implying that GSP didnt have a fire lit under him against Condit?? One of the best GSP fights to date, regardless if it was still a decision

I uh... was not impressed by his performance

You and I see that fight very differently. His takedowns looked impressive as always but Georges didn't.

Also, what does that say about GSP if one of his best fights today went to a decision and Condit was never in jeopardy of being finished?

Post #10   12/6/12 3:36:58PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Against who?

Doesn't really matter. If someone is injured take the next person in line. Waiting for contenders to fight each other is getting ridiculous in mw division

Exactly who is next in line though?

Post #11   12/6/12 3:38:03PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Ariel Helwani ?@arielhelwani

Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.

Post #12   12/6/12 4:00:43PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
2. Michael Bisping

3. Vitor Belfort

4. Chris Weidman

5. Tim Boetsch

6. Mark Munoz

7. Alan Belcher

8. Brian Stann

9. Yushin Okami

10. Luke Rockhold

Any of those.start with bisping and make your way down . If any are hurt or unavialiable go to the next.

Simple.

Henderson is having his second title fight on Saturday .Silva sitting with the title is bullshit not having to defend it more then twice a year.

Post #13   12/6/12 4:08:45PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

Posted by king_katool

I uh... was not impressed by his performance

You and I see that fight very differently. His takedowns looked impressive as always but Georges didn't.

Also, what does that say about GSP if one of his best fights today went to a decision and Condit was never in jeopardy of being finished?

TBH ive never been impressed by GSP the fighter, I see him as a extremely talented athlete, able to finish lesser athletes but not guys who are decent athletes.

GSP putting himself in some dangerous spots with Condit showed me he wants to be exciting, but I still dont expect too many finishes from him, but I do expect him to keep it standing a little more and try to be exciting. Just my 2 cents

Post #14   12/6/12 4:16:14PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

2. Michael Bisping

3. Vitor Belfort

4. Chris Weidman

5. Tim Boetsch

6. Mark Munoz

7. Alan Belcher

8. Brian Stann

9. Yushin Okami

10. Luke Rockhold

Any of those.start with bisping and make your way down . If any are hurt or unavialiable go to the next.

Simple.

Henderson is having his second title fight on Saturday .Silva sitting with the title is bullshit not having to defend it more then twice a year.

Just looking at that list makes me think Andy needs a super fight. I don't see any of those fighters challenging Silva. The only person that has a way to beat him is Paul Harris and he'll never get a shot.

Paul Harris 1st round leg lock. All day everyday.

Post #15   12/6/12 4:16:36PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2