Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Steven Seagal accepts no-rules fight against Randy Couture on stipulation that no witnesses are present

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by KungFuMaster

IMO, prime Seagal could take out prime Randy easily.

Put it this way - Randy's style of fighting will hardly ever end in a finish whereas Seagal's style is intended to pacify and render the opponent helpless. I would take Seagal any day over Randy if they were both in their prime.

Hahahahaha

You are totally right. IMO a good boxer like James Tony would destroy Couture.

For arguments sake what about a prime James Toney? If a boxer could never beat a true grappler I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for Aldos future in the LW division against any of the top five wrestlers...

a prime James Toney still wouldn't be able to stop a single leg. Aldo has at least trained TDD and was able to stuff probably the best wrestler at FW. LWs are a little bigger but it won't be a cakewalk by any means.

oh and Jake, I 1000% agree with your post

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   12/4/12 7:27:48PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by KungFuMaster

Put it this way - Randy's style of fighting will hardly ever end in a finish whereas Seagal's style is intended to pacify and render the opponent helpless. I would take Seagal any day over Randy if they were both in their prime.

No more props for you.

Post #17   12/4/12 7:32:18PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Seagal's style of fighting is Aikido, which has been proven time and again to be next to useless in an actual fight, sport or real life. And Seagal's claim that he wouldn't fight fair goes both ways. Just about any "real" martial artist who claims that they would win against a sport fighter using techniques like throat jabs, and eye gouges amongst others fail to realize that anyone with half a brain can use this moves as well, it doesn't take years of training to poke someone in the eye.

Randy would easily nullify Seagal's actual skills with his wrestling base, because I am willing to bet that Seagal's take down defense is slim to none. And if we are talking about striking, I am pretty sure that Couture's vast experience in full contact bouts vs. Seagal's zero recorded bouts would take care of that question.

Post #18   12/4/12 7:38:19PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It smells like 1992 in here.

Post #19   12/4/12 7:39:22PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

It smells like 1992 in here.

Baby Got Back

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   12/4/12 7:45:37PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by KungFuMaster

Seagal's style of fighting is Aikido, which has been proven time and again to be next to useless in an actual fight, sport or real life. And Seagal's claim that he wouldn't fight fair goes both ways. Just about any "real" martial artist who claims that they would win against a sport fighter using techniques like throat jabs, and eye gouges amongst others fail to realize that anyone with half a brain can use this moves as well, it doesn't take years of training to poke someone in the eye.

Randy would easily nullify Seagal's actual skills with his wrestling base, because I am willing to bet that Seagal's take down defense is slim to none. And if we are talking about striking, I am pretty sure that Couture's vast experience in full contact bouts vs. Seagal's zero recorded bouts would take care of that question.

If Randy gets close enough, I have no doubt Seagal will hit the canvas. Realistically, I think Seagal would just keep kicking Randy's left knee until it blows out. That's how I see Seagal winning.

Last edited 12/4/12 7:51PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   12/4/12 7:50:51PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
Here's a thought.

Machida is not your typical mma fighter. He, for the most part, is a karate guy with great take down defense and yet he dismantled Randy with relative ease. I truly believe if Seagal had adequate time to prepare for someone like Couture, he would beat him, assuming they are both in their primes.

Post #22   12/4/12 8:05:57PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,038-575
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
"I'd take Seagal any day over Randy if they were both in their prime"
When exactly was Seagal in his prime?
Was it in 1983 during Never Say Never Again or was it in 1988 during Above the Law?

My god man...Randy is a PROFESSIONAL fighter, who has competed in countless 15+ minute fights with other PROFESSIONAL fighters.

Post #23   12/4/12 10:24:51PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hahahahaha

You are totally right. IMO a good boxer like James Tony would destroy Couture.

For arguments sake what about a prime James Toney? If a boxer could never beat a true grappler I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for Aldos future in the LW division against any of the top five wrestlers...

a prime James Toney still wouldn't be able to stop a single leg. Aldo has at least trained TDD and was able to stuff probably the best wrestler at FW. LWs are a little bigger but it won't be a cakewalk by any means.

oh and Jake, I 1000% agree with your post

Well Aldo was takendown against Florian I do believe and the fight with Mendes he definitely grabbed the fence to avoid the takedown...It was blatant and obvious it helped him IMO...

I think refs need to be more strict on grabbing the fence when a guy is attempting to take you down...

Post #24   12/5/12 11:53:04AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Well Aldo was takendown against Florian I do believe

Yep and he had a 5% Takedown accuracy. 1 out of 19.

Rd 1 = 1/7
Rd 2 = 0/2
Rd 3 = 0/2
Rd 4 =0/6
Rd 5 = 0/2

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #25   12/5/12 12:20:58PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

the fight with Mendes he definitely grabbed the fence to avoid the takedown...It was blatant and obvious it helped him IMO...

Mendes attempted 7 takedowns and Aldo grabbed the fence on 2 attempts and was still not taken down

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Post #26   12/5/12 12:22:38PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:
Couture responds to Seagal

Cage Potato called Randy and he sounded more amused than anything when they asked him about what Seagal said, but he was classy as usual.

Post #27   12/5/12 3:41:57PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,395-802
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I like Kung Fu master. He reminds me of a kid who refuses to believe Santa is not real.

If there was ever a place to refute facts with hair brained assumptions its a message board.

That is why I think we should all give Kung Fu master props and encourage him to enlighten us on all matters regarding mma. Starting with: how Bruce Lee would KO Overeem without landing a single strike.

Post #28   12/5/12 5:22:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

I like Kung Fu master. He reminds me of a kid who refuses to believe Santa is not real.

If there was ever a place to refute facts with hair brained assumptions its a message board.

That is why I think we should all give Kung Fu master props and encourage him to enlighten us on all matters regarding mma. Starting with: how Bruce Lee would KO Overeem without landing a single strike.

You probably missed this thing of beauty.

Post #29   12/5/12 5:40:33PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

the fight with Mendes he definitely grabbed the fence to avoid the takedown...It was blatant and obvious it helped him IMO...

Mendes attempted 7 takedowns and Aldo grabbed the fence on 2 attempts and was still not taken down

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #30   12/5/12 6:01:11PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3