Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Steven Seagal accepts no-rules fight against Randy Couture on stipulation that no witnesses are present

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll preface this by saying that I've never been one to get into the whole weird, ongoing preoccupation with Steven Seagal that the sport of mixed martial arts seems to have going for it. But sometimes, in situations like this, it's hard to ignore.

Back in August, UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture made a half-joking comment about how the only person he would come out of retirement to fight would be Seagal. People chuckled and forgot about it, and a couple months passed until Seagal was able to offer a response, which he just so happened to do on yesterday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"First of all, I am a martial artist, and I have been a martial artist all my life," Seagal started. "I've been fighting all my life, and I believe that the essence of learning how to fight, and fighting, and being a warrior and martial artist is to try to overcome the negative qualities that we all inherent as people, and become a better person, and to help others and help the world be a better place."

Full Story

Post #1   12/4/12 12:47:07PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
No witnesses...if only he had thought about that before the Gene LeBell incident, he wouldn't still be answering questions about crapping his pants.

Post #2   12/4/12 12:48:44PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:484-292
Chips:
This isn't Rocky Noob, stop ducking!

Post #3   12/4/12 12:57:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   12/4/12 1:07:31PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
My prediction should this happen:

Post #5   12/4/12 1:20:07PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

No witnesses...if only he had thought about that before the Gene LeBell incident, he wouldn't still be answering questions about crapping his pants.

Post #6   12/4/12 1:24:35PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
I often wonder if Seagal is impersonating Will Sasso impersonating Seagal.

Last edited 12/4/12 1:41PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   12/4/12 1:40:23PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Chips:
It sounds like in Seagal's mind Randy Couture is Marked for Death. Randy seems to think he is Above the Law, but in reality he is standing On Deadly Ground and the time is Half Past Dead. Seagal has made the Executive Decision and is now Out for Justice. If Couture doesn't watch his step he may get Pistol Whipped Into the Sun and then he will just look like a washed up old Clementine

Post #8   12/4/12 2:02:40PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

It sounds like in Seagal's mind Randy Couture is Marked for Death. Randy seems to think he is Above the Law, but in reality he is standing On Deadly Ground and the time is Half Past Dead. Seagal has made the Executive Decision and is now Out for Justice. If Couture doesn't watch his step he may get Pistol Whipped Into the Sun and then he will just look like a washed up old Clementine

Gotta spread the love, but trust me on one thing. When Randy gets the clinch and slams Seagal with a takedown, their will be a fire down below.

Post #9   12/4/12 2:26:58PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,419-820
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Ryan Couture better lookout or he will be Under Siege 2!!!

Post #10   12/4/12 3:10:38PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
IMO, prime Seagal could take out prime Randy easily.

Put it this way - Randy's style of fighting will hardly ever end in a finish whereas Seagal's style is intended to pacify and render the opponent helpless. I would take Seagal any day over Randy if they were both in their prime.

Post #11   12/4/12 4:47:17PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:786-498
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Put it this way - Randy's style of fighting will hardly ever end in a finish whereas Seagal's style is intended to pacify and render the opponent helpless. I would take Seagal any day over Randy if they were both in their prime.

Post #12   12/4/12 5:01:57PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,419-820
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hahahahaha

You are totally right. IMO a good boxer like James Tony would destroy Couture.

Post #13   12/4/12 5:53:52PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hahahahaha

For arguments sake what about a prime James Toney? If a boxer could never beat a true grappler I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for Aldos future in the LW division against any of the top five wrestlers...

Post #14   12/4/12 6:12:04PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by KungFuMaster

Hahahahaha

LOL

I love Randy BTW but Seagal is no joke. Just because we have not seen him fight does not make him irrelevant. Seagal is very experienced in the art of joint manipulation and plus he has a very good front kick which I don't think Randy can defend. Furthermore, Seagal has long arms and legs and I am almost certain he has a strong understanding of BJJ.

Seagal studied the mma fight game and planted the seed which resulted in two fantastic knockouts which were carried out by his students, Silva and Machida.

Post #15   12/4/12 7:18:30PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3