Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Weidman reports successful surgery, gives targeted return date

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Top middleweight contender Chris Weidman finally received some good news after weeks of misfortune, as he reports a successful surgery for a shoulder injury. Weidman’s bad luck took a turn for the worse when Hurricane Sandy washed away years of memories from his Long Island house. Then his shoulder injury took him out of a supposed number one contenders bout with Tim Boestch at UFC 155. The injury has most likely hindered his rebuilding of his house along with the income he will lose from not fighting this December.

Hopefully this successful operation has turned Weidman’s luck for the better, and if the prognosis is as good as he says then he probably has something to be happy about. Doctor’s have told Weidman that he should be back to 90% in three months, and back up to 100% in four months. He hopes to be back in the octagon better than ever in early 2013. While that may be a bit optimistic Weidman should not have to do too much work proving himself as a top contender again.

LINK

Dirty Blue

Post #1   12/3/12 5:56:11PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I like Weidman a lot but he strikes me as a guy who will actually come back stronger mentally and more determined...

Too bad Silva is going to do everything he can to not face Weidman...

Post #2   12/3/12 6:17:14PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
hopefully weidman keeps his momentum. i think he's the future of the MW division or at least fighters like him.

Post #3   12/4/12 12:13:47AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

hopefully weidman keeps his momentum. i think he's the future of the MW division or at least fighters like him.

Agree. Always tough when guys get injured, but if he is planning an early return then it really isn't that long out for him.

Post #4   12/4/12 3:56:02AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by tcunningham

Agree. Always tough when guys get injured, but if he is planning an early return then it really isn't that long out for him.

that would be dumb on his part to plan on coming back early, I know he has hit some financial troubles but he seems to get injured a lot and rushing back from a reoccurring problem is a bad idea

Post #5   12/4/12 1:49:27PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Im deleting some of these comments, I personally agree with what KingSmasher said, Weidman has looked awesome and I actually think Silva has a lot to lose by facing him and not a lot to gain.

Post #6   12/4/12 6:25:06PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

Im deleting some of these comments, I personally agree with what KingSmasher said, Weidman has looked awesome and I actually think Silva has a lot to lose by facing him and not a lot to gain.

Except that's not what he said.

Post #7   12/4/12 6:29:49PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
he said:

Too bad Silva is going to do everything he can to not face Weidman...

its making the same point

Post #8   12/4/12 6:32:10PM