Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Taking chances: The 'Unchokeable' Jon Fitch upgrades to 2.0

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
LAFAYETTE, Ind. – GPS will get you in the vicinity of Rhyno's Gym, but it's incumbent upon you to figure out the rest.

It's 4:18 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, and my trust for the female voice spouting off directions from my dashboard is waning by the minute. UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch begins his seminar in exactly 12 minutes, and I don't want to be "that guy."

There's a scene in the movie "Encino Man" where Brendan Fraser's character takes one step into a noisy club, the music abruptly stops and everyone in attendance turns and fixates on him. I'm hoping to avoid this kind of not-so-grand entrance.

Fitch, on the other hand, knows exactly how to get there. The gym is owned by his longtime friend and training partner Mo Amin and rests just a few blocks east of Purdue University, where he was a four-year letterman and captain of the school's wrestling team.

It also happens to be the place where Fitch first began training martial arts prior to his move to American Kickboxing Academy in California, where he remains to this day. AKA may have built him from the ground up into a UFC title challenger, but the spark was first lit on the blue mats at Rhyno's.

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   12/1/12 4:44:11PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
see if maia has anything to say to that.

Post #2   12/1/12 7:04:59PM