Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kansas City Chiefs player commits murder/suicide

Print  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
It's all over ESPN right now.

Supposedly he murdered his gf/wife then drove to the training facility and committed suicide.

He was 25. They haven't released who it was yet.

Damn

Post #1   12/1/12 11:24:34AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Madness

Post #2   12/1/12 11:32:06AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That's crazy. Hate to see that happen to his wife.

Post #3   12/1/12 11:54:28AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
there are quite a few 25 year olds on the roster.

Post #4   12/1/12 12:14:10PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,317-851
Chips:
it was Jovan Belcher

Post #5   12/1/12 12:23:29PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Can we stop with the murder-suicides already? If you don't want to live, just fucking kill yourself. No need to take someone with you who actually may enjoy their life.

Same with these rampage killings. Just skip the rampage and go straight to the suicide.

Post #6   12/1/12 12:42:07PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Can we stop with the murder-suicides already? If you don't want to live, just fucking kill yourself. No need to take someone with you who actually may enjoy their life.

Beat me to it. The especially bad ones are when kids are involved as well. Just take yourself out and leave everyone else alone.

Post #7   12/1/12 12:52:36PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Same with these rampage killings. Just skip the rampage and go straight to the suicide.

This

Remember when Chris Benoist did this. Except with his whole family!!

Post #8   12/1/12 1:02:10PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Chips:
It's a shame he didn't just leave and drive to the facility to go talk to someone before he killed his girlfriend.

Crazy he offed himself right in front of the coaches...

Post #9   12/1/12 1:18:00PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,038-575
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Definitely.
Even more, they should wrap themselves up with visqueen before committing suicide to make for an easy clean up.

If there is any meaning to life that many can agree upon, it's surviving. The purpose of life forms is to survive and perpetuate existence.
Yet human beings are the weirdest animal of all, and are liable to end their own life.
There is no other animal on earth that purposely ends it's own life, right?

Post #10   12/1/12 3:37:35PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
Chris Benoit did the same thing

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #11   12/1/12 5:04:57PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
You guys are attempting to rationalize the irrational. Chris Benoit, probably the most well known case of this type for athlete, is widely believed to have brain damage similar to Alzheimer's. We are just discovering what brain trauma does to a person's psyche. Benoit, by all accounts, was a sane, good man prior to this outburst, and it caught everyone off guard. This incident sounds similar.

It's hard to tell what the brain does to people when it's not working right, I'm sure they have some fucked up logic of wanting to take their loved ones with them when they die.

Last edited 12/1/12 5:43PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   12/1/12 5:42:34PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by warglory

You guys are attempting to rationalize the irrational. Chris Benoit, probably the most well known case of this type for athlete, is widely believed to have brain damage similar to Alzheimer's. We are just discovering what brain trauma does to a person's psyche. Benoit, by all accounts, was a sane, good man prior to this outburst, and it caught everyone off guard. This incident sounds similar.

It's hard to tell what the brain does to people when it's not working right, I'm sure they have some fucked up logic of wanting to take their loved ones with them when they die.

I don't/can't/won't buy this. He has a 3 month old daughter and he not only killed her father (ie himself), but also her mother. I don't care how irrational his line of thinking is, he took someone else's life as well as his own....and then fucked up his kid's life too. Suicide in itself is the most selfish thing anyone can do, but to take another life (or more like in Benoit's case) is way beyond that. P$ sums it up very well

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   12/1/12 5:49:29PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

I don't/can't/won't buy this. He has a 3 month old daughter and he not only killed her father (ie himself), but also her mother. I don't care how irrational his line of thinking is, he took someone else's life as well as his own....and then fucked up his kid's life too. Suicide in itself is the most selfish thing anyone can do, but to take another life (or more like in Benoit's case) is way beyond that. P$ sums it up very well

Once again, you are trying to rationalize the event by bringing morality into the equation. Morals are based on someone's own compass and their ability to rationalize the pros and cons of an event. When you are mentally unstable, the rules go out the window. I don't think he was justified in doing what he did, but these types of actions aren't just because of a little depression.

Last edited 12/1/12 9:52PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   12/1/12 9:51:50PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Chips:
I was watching the pregame show on Fox, I guess right around this happened in KC, a employee of the Browns hung himself.

Post #15   12/2/12 12:24:06PM