Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

STRIKEFORCE'S JOSH BARNETT BELIEVES RETURN TO UFC WOULD SILENCE SOME CRITICS

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Josh Barnett doesn't care whether his opponent is from Austria or Middle-earth.

After six months of waiting and recovering, Barnett (31-6 MMA, 2-1 SF) is happy that Nandor Guelmino (11-3-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) agreed to meet him at "Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine," which takes place Jan. 12 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.

"All my friends are like, 'Nandor … is he an ork? Is he from Mordor?'" Barnett told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I don't know about that, but either way, he's going to try and mess me up."

Landing in the UFC or in another upstart promotion isn't of major concern to Barnett, but he said there are journalists and fans he'd like to prove wrong by returning to the octagon.

"I would love to see the look on some folks' faces ... being someplace where, one, I've already been, even though people may not know it, and two, a place that a lot of folks never thought they'd see me again," he said.

LINK

Post #1   11/30/12 9:41:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I'd love to see that happen

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   11/30/12 10:08:01PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think he should go to bellator if they refuse him a spot in the ufc. i think he could be a force in bellator.

Post #3   11/30/12 11:20:50PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
So torn on this, great fighter with a horrible history. I don't see him coming to the UFC and if he did I don't see him beating many of the eliteist in the HW Div.

Post #4   12/1/12 12:07:31AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Barnett likes heavy metal...I dig that

Post #5   12/1/12 12:22:36AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
he needs a couple clean drug tests to silence me

Post #6   12/1/12 12:25:42AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times shame on anyone who gives him a contract

Post #7   12/1/12 12:53:09AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:
i love Barnett, but can't blame the ufc for not taking him, considering his history.

i love the idea of him in Bellator if the UFC doesn't try to get him. I think he'd be, not only an instant championship contender, but also a great personality for the organization.

but i'd rather see him in the ufc. i don't think he'd compete for a title, but he'd be a tough fight for most of the guys in the division.

also, he gets a bloody nose in what seems like all of his fights. to me, that counts for something

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #8   12/1/12 4:27:14AM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:
If Barnett was in Belator I would start watching Belator. Josh always comes to fight and he has gotten to the final of so many tournaments only to suffer injuries during the final fight. He is probably the greatest heavyweight that never won a title*.

Post #9   12/1/12 8:26:39AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:

Posted by landstander

If Barnett was in Belator I would start watching Belator. Josh always comes to fight and he has gotten to the final of so many tournaments only to suffer injuries during the final fight. He is probably the greatest heavyweight that never won a title*.

You should watch Bellator whether he gets signed or not. They always put on a good show.

Post #10   12/1/12 10:24:24AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king

when was the last time he pissed hot?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   12/1/12 12:34:36PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:
I could understand people not wanting him there because of his multiple failed tests, but at the same time, the UFC has a few guys who are on the roster who have failed multiple tests.

Post #12   12/1/12 1:43:46PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by the-king

July,22,2009

doesnt matter to me i like barny i love watching him fight but i dont forgive a guy with a history like his three(maybe 4?) failed tests and im done with him being anything more than a novelty in second rate orgs i just dont trust him....nothing against his skills

Post #13   12/1/12 2:25:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by the-king

July,22,2009

doesnt matter to me i like barny i love watching him fight but i dont forgive a guy with a history like his three(maybe 4?) failed tests and im done with him being anything more than a novelty in second rate orgs i just dont trust him....nothing against his skills

Since then he has fought 3x in the US and once in Australia (also once in Japan but they don't test there). You wanted a couple, there is 4 in a row. I can see how his history is checkered but hes been clean the last couple years against top opponents. If he is serious about proving people wrong and showing that he is clean then give him a fight. Do a random drug test, like the UFC 146 presser, before the fight and go from there.

Post #14   12/1/12 4:36:10PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
Bubbles, man I am sorry because I really enjoy watching him fight and his interviews etc.....but I don't want to watch him in anything other than like freak fights or orgs that are desperate for talent. 3 failed drug tests is more than anyone in the UFC, and his tests were not hot for some stupid pot either. His was full blown, non-recreational, performance enhancing, CHEATING STERIODS. You can't really be that naive to think that a couple of fights later he is to be trusted? All that needs to happen is for Barnett to get a title shot and he is nearly guaranteed to start sticking a needle in his butt. This guy's skill level is super high, he could severly injured someone ...... it's too risky and straight up stupid to hire a guy like that imo.

Post #15   12/2/12 1:45:55PM