Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After Getting Shot and Going Through Addiction, Tim Means Building UFC Career

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
The 28-year-old has been shot, addicted to drugs and also served time in prison. He survived all of those ordeals, though, and is now 2-0 in the UFC. Ahead of his Dec. 8 bout against Abel Trujillo at UFC on Fox 5, Means joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Rewind” show and discussed his past with host Jack Encarnacao.

On getting shot: “I went out partying one night with some buddies, got drunk and winded up at a local business here. One thing led to another, walked outside a little while later and a guy winded up shooting six of us.

On what started the incident: “In all honesty, we supposedly cut in line and the guys had recognized me from a local fight organization. ... They didn’t want to fight then. We shook hands and left it alone. He winded up calling his cousin up. About an hour later, we walked outside and the dude just started shooting at us, no questions said, no nothing. He just started firing into a bunch of us.”

On where he was hit: “My femoral artery in my left thigh. I have about an eight- or nine-inch scar on my left thigh from where they had to cut me open, go in and tie my femoral artery. They said I was bleeding to death. I had a good buddy named Brian Shaw who wrapped a belt around my leg, and supposedly that saved my life. I was bleeding pretty good, so thanks to Brian Shaw for saving me that night. I thought I was going to die.”

more Q&A here

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   11/30/12 4:01:09PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
War Means

I have picked against him in the past and he's made me regret it. He's a lengthy guy that knows how to use it. I can't wait to see him do his thing next week.

Post #2   11/30/12 4:04:20PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

War Means

I have picked against him in the past and he's made me regret it. He's a lengthy guy that knows how to use it. I can't wait to see him do his thing next week.

Post #3   11/30/12 4:07:09PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
People don't think getting shot in the leg is as deadly as it is. That femoral artery will bleed out as quickly as most, especially with alcohol-thinned blood.

Post #4   11/30/12 5:44:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Love the way Means fights. Hoping for another great finish next weekend.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   11/30/12 11:36:07PM