Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cesar Gracie says Anderson Silva camp ‘into’ Nick Diaz superfight, talks battles with NSAC and Melendez dropping to 145

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
More so than most trainers, Cesar Gracie has a penchant for making headlines. The acclaimed Californian, head coach of Pleasant Hill's Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fight team, carries with him a brash style that fits right along with his stable of fighters, infamously including both Nick and Nate Diaz, and past or present Strikeforce titleholders Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez.

On what fight interests Nick Diaz the most:

"We're pushing for the GSP fight. That's what we're going to push for, GSP or Anderson Silva. That's the two fights that interest us the most, and that's the one's we're going for.

LINK

Post #1   11/29/12 1:30:32PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
coming off a loss and a suspension and this guy expects GSP or Andy??????? i know they have been handing out title shots like candy but shit this is getting crazy.

Post #2   11/29/12 2:11:10PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I would rather see Andy v Nick than GSP v Andy or GSP v Nick. Their styles would make for an epic battle.

Also, no one should be allowed to reference Condit v Diaz. The fight was the biggest let down in the history of mma and has no bearing on anything.

Post #3   11/29/12 2:16:00PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Manak

coming off a loss and a suspension and this guy expects GSP or Andy??????? i know they have been handing out title shots like candy but shit this is getting crazy.

Of course Cesar brings up Chael and I understand why everyone has things to say about his fight with Jones, but apparently Cesar doesn't realize that being a company man has it's benefits, or that Nick has been anything but a company man.

Post #4   11/29/12 2:41:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I would rather see Andy v Nick than GSP v Andy or GSP v Nick. Their styles would make for an epic battle.

Also, no one should be allowed to reference Condit v Diaz. The fight was the biggest let down in the history of mma and has no bearing on anything.

I think Condit's running man gameplan vs Diaz was a bigger let down

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   11/29/12 3:01:58PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

i agree with the second part but Nick's style is perfect for Andy to add a 30 sec highlight reel KO to his already large highlight reel.

Post #6   11/29/12 3:13:23PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Seriously another welterweight

Post #7   11/29/12 3:15:11PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Manak

i agree with the second part but Nick's style is perfect for Andy to add a 30 sec highlight reel KO to his already large highlight reel.

Nick ate a clean left hook from Semtex before he knocked him out. Semtex has arguably the most power at 170. Now I'm not going to say he has the same power as Andy but it should be recognized that Nick has one, if not the, best chin in mma.
With that said, I want to know if Nick can really be knocked out and if he can't I want to see how Andy deals with a mad man in his grill throwing thousands of punches. Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.

Post #8   11/29/12 3:28:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.

It will be me if Diaz wins

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   11/29/12 3:34:35PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
he acts like the condit fight never happened. im tired of diaz

Post #10   11/29/12 7:15:35PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Nick Diaz needs to fight someone at WW and not GSP. He is coming off of a loss.

I think Demian Maia and Jon Fitch would be good fights. Or Rory Macdonald if he wins against BJ.

Post #11   11/29/12 8:22:06PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:944-621
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

he acts like the condit fight never happened. im tired of diaz

the stoner probably just forgot

Post #12   11/29/12 9:03:10PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,448-894
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Nick ate a clean left hook from Semtex before he knocked him out. Semtex has arguably the most power at 170. Now I'm not going to say he has the same power as Andy but it should be recognized that Nick has one, if not the, best chin in mma.
With that said, I want to know if Nick can really be knocked out and if he can't I want to see how Andy deals with a mad man in his grill throwing thousands of punches. Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.

No, I gotta give best chin in mma to Dan Henderson. Also, there is a difference between taking a hard shot on the jaw from a power puncher and taking a well placed shot from a precision striker. Silva is probably the most precise and accurate striker in the world. He is a KO artist because of his technical precision based striking more than for having Brian Stann-like punching power.

Post #13   11/29/12 11:11:43PM