Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 154 pulls estimated 700,000 PPV buys for Georges St. Pierre's return

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG
The first one did very well at an average of 5.7 million viewers, the second dipped to 4.7 million, the 3rd and 4th dropped significantly to 2.4 million, but were up against the NBA playoffs and a Floyd Mayweather fight for #3, and the Summer Olympics for #4

So on average live Fox events at their worst are attracting around 4 times the audience of their PPV cards.

that is a bit misleading. You are comparing buys to viewers. 700,000 PPV buys doesn't mean 700,000 viewers

Whatever could you possibly mean?

it means that we all need to have sex before watching these fights to improve viewership

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #31   11/29/12 3:41:28PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,600-1,486
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #32   11/29/12 3:42:11PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,802-1,452
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by JLS1980

The Yankees Suck.

Tigers..always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

aside one fluke season, a $200 mil payroll hasn't gotten the Yankees a title in 12 years

Nobody is telling those teams not to spend and as you pointed out spending doesnt always bring championships. So payroll basically has no bearing

Post #33   11/29/12 3:47:23PM   

Jackwio

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
it's also definitly not growing. it's settling into a permanent niche sport.

Post #34   11/29/12 4:48:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,364-1,326
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG
The first one did very well at an average of 5.7 million viewers, the second dipped to 4.7 million, the 3rd and 4th dropped significantly to 2.4 million, but were up against the NBA playoffs and a Floyd Mayweather fight for #3, and the Summer Olympics for #4

So on average live Fox events at their worst are attracting around 4 times the audience of their PPV cards.

that is a bit misleading. You are comparing buys to viewers. 700,000 PPV buys doesn't mean 700,000 viewers

Technically you can't tell how many "Viewers" there were for PPV buys or by ratings.

Both only give an indication of how many TV's were showing the fights.

I don't think there can be any argument though that far more people watch fights when they are aired for Free on a broadcast network than they do when they cost 50$ on PPV.

Posted by Jackwio

I'd put MMA on par with Hockey as far as ratings and public support goes.

If that makes it a "niche" sport then so be it.

Post #35   11/29/12 9:26:34PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG

Technically you can't tell how many "Viewers" there were for PPV buys or by ratings.

I don't think there can be any argument though that far more people watch fights when they are aired for Free on a broadcast network than they do when they cost 50$ on PPV.

I do believe more people watch free events than PPVs, but I don't think it's as big as 4x as much

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #36   11/29/12 10:36:38PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,364-1,326
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
I do believe more people watch free events than PPVs, but I don't think it's as big as 4x as much

I think its actually higher than 4x on average. I'd say the average PPV buyrate of a UFC card is less than 600k, and the worst performing Fox card was 4 times that with 2.4 million tv sets tuned in.

Free cards are also doing far better numbers with smaller Draws. A GSP title fight on Network TV would likely bring in far more than 2.8 million viewers, it could get that many in Canada alone.

Post #37   11/29/12 11:14:18PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

I think its actually higher than 4x on average. I'd say the average PPV buyrate of a UFC card is less than 600k, and the worst performing Fox card was 4 times that with 2.4 million tv sets tuned in.

Free cards are also doing far better numbers with smaller Draws. A GSP title fight on Network TV would likely bring in far more than 2.8 million viewers, it could get that many in Canada alone.

I think it's safe to assume that more people go to a sportsbar for PPVs than a free event as its a cheaper alternative. How do they estimate those numbers?

Post #38   11/29/12 11:50:20PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Jackwio

I'd put MMA on par with Hockey as far as ratings and public support goes.

If that makes it a "niche" sport then so be it.

Hockey kills MMA.

Post #39   11/30/12 8:28:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus
Hockey kills MMA.

not south of the border. Then again most of them choose to watch Nascar over anything that isn't football

Post #40   11/30/12 10:10:39PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Gogoplatapus
Hockey kills MMA.

not south of the border. Then again most of them choose to watch Nascar over anything that isn't football

North Eastern US, Midwest and North West for sure. Id bet some places in Cali, Texas and Arizona are close.

Post #41   12/1/12 12:19:12AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3